Autopsy All credit to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

As painful as it was watching us get totally owned yesterday, it was awesome to see the Tigers play incredible football. Everything clicked for them and their gameplay was superb. Tuck, Lids, Martin, Cotchin, Foley, were ball magnets. Riewoldt at his best, Maric is a gun ruckman, and that kid Morris looked like a man possessed... He was able to outrun and shutdown Cyril.

Kudos to the Richmond supporters... Always gracious no matter the result and do not have arrogant expectations of glory every week, unlike some other clubs. I was one of the few Hawks who stayed until the final siren, expecting to cop at least some harsh words from the sea of Tigers surrounding me. Instead got handshakes. All class.

They picked the wings off of us like a kid playing with a butterfly. We gave a small yelp at the start of the third, then rolled over.

They were just hungrier, better drilled, and far more attacking. Didn't help that they owned the clearances as well.

Bravo Tiges.

I wasn't at the game but after a bad loss you can get some enjoyment from the other fans having fun, especially success starved ones.

Unless the opponents are assholes that is ( you know who )

Full credit to Richmond, and it's supporters I will say.

Whilst I had obnoxious Hawk fans around me sticking the leather into our side as if they'd rooted their missus, it was the Tiger fans who where showing class (it's easier when you win but fair play to the ones around me).

Kudos to them - things finally look like they are on track, best of luck for the rest of the season.

Oh - and Maric - best and most influential pickup for some time, quality playmaker who dictates the next play.

Saturday's game, I felt the Hawks lacked respect for their opponent and didn't play with any real intensity for much of the game.

Yes, all credit to Richmond, they were awesome and really didn't let us into the game and like a good side dictated how well we played and in the end ran away with it.

They're here now.

Certainly, we were not great today... but I do not think we played that differently than we have all season.

It is pretty easy to sit back and criticise our team after a loss like that - and if it was too Geelong, or Collingwood, or Essendon.... then I would be probably be ropeable.

Frankly, although I am dissapointed that Richmond showed us for what we are today - Boy were they good.

Smashed us at stoppages, in the cotested ball, and ran so much harder than us, making space. Looked like the hawks of 2008. Clearly we now know who was the brains of that outfit.

I really wish them all the best for the rest of the season. There are a few players in that team who I am not a fan of... but most are just real tryers.
Richmond were great. They are as the poster on another site said are a sleeping giant beginning to stir. I like the Tiges.
I do get sick of silly comments in some areas where someone smart alecs it, and says "you can see who the brains were, behind 2008" suggesting that after one game is a bit silly.
This season is a strange season, not just Hawthorn are unknown quantities.
Even the league leaders got a ten goal belting several weeks ago.
We lost to them by a few points in Perth too , and could have won it.
Geelong back on the winning list we lost to, by 2 points, could have won it.
Sydney took over after half time and towelled us up.
Now Richmond take us by surprise and give us an Ess v Eagles like belting.
Look at the other side of it.
We beat Collingwood , who just took out the Crows who have been on a roll.
Crows on a roll lately , we give them a whacking by 50 odd points .
We also clobbered St Kilda who have given Sydney a hiding, and took out Carlton
the week before on a Monday night only to fade out against the Eagles.
Then you have the Bombers who are doing very well including a fat win against the
Eagles but struggled for a while against the Suns. Who just can,t win.

I,d be saying every team including the Eagles are going to face serious unknowns
this season . Predicting the finals and the big guns or trying to predict the dark horse is this year going to be very hard.

Hawthorn are not father christmas is what I,m saying. But they need to get the business in order for the hard stuff June /July / August.

Freo still learning the Ross Lyon game plan, which hasn,t and never will win a flag let alone many games, and creates rotton football. The first half this weekend just gone would show everyone that. Wonder if they,re thinking " wheres Harvey???????"

I had that "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" feeling after the game.

But yeah, all credit to Richmond, they have a great squad and I hope they make finals this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As painful as it was watching us get totally owned yesterday, it was awesome to see the Tigers play incredible football. Everything clicked for them and their gameplay was superb. Tuck, Lids, Martin, Cotchin, Foley, were ball magnets. Riewoldt at his best, Maric is a gun ruckman, and that kid Morris looked like a man possessed... He was able to outrun and shutdown Cyril.

Kudos to the Richmond supporters... Always gracious no matter the result and do not have arrogant expectations of glory every week, unlike some other clubs. I was one of the few Hawks who stayed until the final siren, expecting to cop at least some harsh words from the sea of Tigers surrounding me. Instead got handshakes. All class.
Well they live just over the fence don,t they, those Tigers.

The roars in the last quarter as they were icing the game were some of the loudest I have heard in a long time. The Grog Squad, whilst obnoxious and ridiculously one-eyed, are great to listen too, and who can begrudge any Richmond supporter the success that looks to be coming their way. The only thing missing is the 1000-strong cheer squad that used to stretch from the goal square to the 50 metre line on the top deck of the old Southern Stand.

Above all else though, they were just bloody good to watch. They play their backmen as backmen, their onballers as onballers and most frustrating for me as a Hawks man, they play their forwards as forwards.

I felt sorry for our backline on Saturday. Were so comprehensively betaen at centre bounces and stoppages through the middle of the ground, the ball just kept getting kicked into there fwd line.

Our defense for 3/4 quarters stood up under the relentless pressure, before it burst. Cant fault the backline.

The contested ball winners/clearance players - the fault is at there feet (and which by default didnt allow our outside runners get any decent supply)

I felt sorry for our backline on Saturday. Were so comprehensively betaen at centre bounces and stoppages through the middle of the ground, the ball just kept getting kicked into there fwd line.

Our defense for 3/4 quarters stood up under the relentless pressure, before it burst. Cant fault the backline.

The contested ball winners/clearance players - the fault is at there feet (and which by default didnt allow our outside runners get any decent supply)

And the outside runners let the tiggers runners run free !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy All credit to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back