Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season will be cancelled now. It’s inevitable. Bloody hope if we finish near the bottom of the ladder after one round we get a high draft pick. And not just go off last years draft order.
Lottery system for the draft maybe - something similar to the NBA?

No idea how they are going to work out a draft order let alone teams have the best idea on draft prospects unless they manage to get something organised for hopefully October

The PM has said they'll work with the AFL, NRL & guessing A-league also that they will work with those organisations, medical officers etc to see what happens - kinda suggested it could continue at this stage but nothing definitive either way

Season will be cancelled now. It’s inevitable. Bloody hope if we finish near the bottom of the ladder after one round we get a high draft pick. And not just go off last years draft order.

I'm just wondering which teams have players in quaratine we have seen the Collingwood staff member "alleged good case" who are the others from clubs ??

It would answer how Zach Guthrie got a game maybe Parfitt is in quarantine 😂

No idea how they are going to work out a draft order let alone teams have the best idea on draft prospects unless they manage to get something organised for hopefully October

The PM has said they'll work with the AFL, NRL & guessing A-league also that they will work with those organisations, medical officers etc to see what happens - kinda suggested it could continue at this stage but nothing definitive either way

Lottery system is predicated on them playing games determining finishing postions !

Banning non essential travel and closing the borders, means the only way it could continue is if the government provide an exemption. And a lot of people would be seriously angry if they did. Can’t see it happening.

You can hear the haters already. “Why do they get an exemption, and no one else does” :drunk:

Could be a relief for us if no games are played, least embarassing outcome for the season and us. Oh wait next year will be the same- same Coach, same Assistant Coaches, same lack of skills, same lack of game plan.
No there will be a difference Ablett jnr probably won't play; Selwood????; Taylor probably gone; even Dangerfield with his great kicking skills will be one year older and slower. Ahhhhhh

Could be a relief for us if no games are played, least embarassing outcome for the season and us. Oh wait next year will be the same- same Coach, same Assistant Coaches, same lack of skills, same lack of game plan.
No there will be a difference Ablett jnr probably won't play; Selwood????; Taylor probably gone; even Dangerfield with his great kicking skills will be one year older and slower. Ahhhhhh
Maybe Ablett will play on - it's not like he's body would have been smashed for 20+ games of football

Well I think it's fair to say, It's crazy how most of us probably have thought or definitely heard of pandemics happening, But who'd really think we'd witness something like this during our lifetime.

I'd be buying shares in Dan Murphy's if the season goes ahead and Geelong continue to play the way they're playing.

First Tassie, then NT and now SA - unless the AFL somehow manages to organise a gated community to house all involved with the AFL or they decide to drop the Crows & Port from the league for 2020, this is going to make things near impossible to continue:

The AFL season is hanging by a thread after the South Australia government announced it is closing the state’s borders from 4pm on Tuesday.

People arriving after that time will have to self-isolate for 14 days which means the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide could not host teams or return home from away games and keep playing.

Banning non essential travel and closing the borders, means the only way it could continue is if the government provide an exemption. And a lot of people would be seriously angry if they did. Can’t see it happening.

You can hear the haters already. “Why do they get an exemption, and no one else does” :drunk:

Lol nobody else wants an exemption, they just want football closed down like overseas because of the issues it has caused

First Tassie, then NT and now SA - unless the AFL somehow manages to organise a gated community to house all involved with the AFL or they decide to drop the Crows & Port from the league for 2020, this is going to make things near impossible to continue:

The AFL season is hanging by a thread after the South Australia government announced it is closing the state’s borders from 4pm on Tuesday.

People arriving after that time will have to self-isolate for 14 days which means the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide could not host teams or return home from away games and keep playing.

Gated community ?

😂😂😂 we make an AFL compound Corona free? Let's just not invite Perth, Qld while we are at it ?

Stretching a bit aren't we, we could perhaps just not play for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gated community ?

😂😂😂 we make an AFL compound Corona free? Let's just not invite Perth, Qld while we are at it ?

Stretching a bit aren't we, we could perhaps just not play for a while
It's what the NRL was considering during the past week - move the league to an area of isolation, have all required go through quarantine, and if everyone is passed as healthy they can then proceed to games

Did mean no contact with the outside world for the duration of such a scenario

Does anyone understand this stuff? Can I still work on Tuesday or is Tomorrow the last day?
I’m on leave so give no ****s for the next month but being a part of the national postal service I have a feeling I won’t even need to ask. Business as usual

I’m on leave so give no fu**s for the next month but being a part of the national postal service I have a feeling I won’t even need to ask. Business as usual

The post is an essential service, at least until the new Tom Baker Doctor Who blu-ray box arrives. After that, feel free to self-isolate.

The post is an essential service, at least until the new Tom Baker Doctor Who blu-ray box arrives. After that, feel free to self-isolate.
Now I know what to look for to return to sender, thanks :D

I’m on leave so give no fu**s for the next month but being a part of the national postal service I have a feeling I won’t even need to ask. Business as usual
Yeah that's essential. Doubt that'd get shutdown?? Always knew you'd go postal at some point!
I just dunno. Work for myself, got heaps booked in. I'm hardly essential at all but I'm on my own the whole time.
Faarked if I know.

It's what the NRL was considering during the past week - move the league to an area of isolation, have all required go through quarantine, and if everyone is passed as healthy they can then proceed to games

Did mean no contact with the outside world for the duration of such a scenario
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

Best time for this too happen. Feeling we’d be a rabble on field this year.

But also bad because:

1. Scott is shielded from potentially a very disappointing year and our board will therefore remain blind

2. I think draft order will somewhat resemble last drafts order. They can’t go by 1 round of footy. This is bad as we’d probably have a single digit pick if we played the full year... now it’d be 16 or 17 (before nga) based on last year.

3. Our problems (non sticking tackles, slow ball movement, over reliance on danger, terrible defensive pressure, MC selections, zero cohesion and united team comradeship, consistent poor form in big games) remain masked and unfixed for another 12 months as they’ll be hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back