Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with the supermarkets I visit along the Bellarine is that things are hit & miss

Woolworths has had more stock, but I still had to visit 2 today to find cleaning stuff.

My local Coles, the areas I checked had more empty shelves versus available stock - funnily enough plenty of milk after shortages there during the week, they even had some tissues. But items like pre-packed cold meats (ham, bacon etc) butter, yoghurt & other such chilled desserts were 97% empty

Still some cheese, the dips area was pretty empty and the fresh pasta area had maybe 2 sauce packs left

Crazy being out, trying to just buy stuff as per a normal shop - it's depressing trying to go shopping

Still not the same up in Melbourne yet. No toilet paper anywhere. Ran out and and had to go to Bunnings to get the hardcore industrial stuff.
No pasta. And very annoying no dog food rolls. As in the meat rolls and pet mince etc.

Supermarket had every second aisle near empty yesterday arvo. Hardly any meat, no toilet paper, pasta or rice, eggs, stuff all breakfast cereal and heaps of other stuff cleaned out. All the popular everyday items pretty much cleaned out. Beyond a joke. Do these dipshits need a 3 month supply to get through a potential 14 day lock down? Its insanity.

Hi Daz. Do you mind me asking what you do for a crust?

Daz also saved Paul McCartney's life once, at a show.

The stories he could tell, yet still finds the time to break-up a slap-fight about who started WW1 and move it to the proper thread. I still don't know how he does it, or why.

Daz also saved Paul McCartney's life once, at a show.

The stories he could tell, yet still finds the time to break-up a slap-fight about who started WW1 and move it to the proper thread. I still don't know how he does it, or why.
I get the piss take - but here's the simple reason.
Posters come to threads to read and engage about that topic. If they wanted to pursue a shit fight or discussion about what Josh Walker did in the ruck in 2014, they would go there.

They deserve to be able to read what they came for.

Thats why.

And the posters that want to talk about Josh Walker have their place to go to.

GO Catters

Supermarket had every second aisle near empty yesterday arvo. Hardly any meat, no toilet paper, pasta or rice, eggs, stuff all breakfast cereal and heaps of other stuff cleaned out. All the popular everyday items pretty much cleaned out. Beyond a joke. Do these dipshits need a 3 month supply to get through a potential 14 day lock down? Its insanity.

If we go into a period of lockdown, realistically they'd look at 20-30 days minimum when you consider what's happening overseas

Hubei province is up to day 57 of lockdown and it's only been the last couple of days they've had consecutive days of no new cases

Italy's lockdown started on March 9 with an initial end date of April 3, so 26 days - already talk this week of extended lockdown beyond April 3

The one thing people seem to forget with lockdown is that it doesn't mean being totally confined to your house from the start through to the end - overseas regions that have gone into lockdown continue to operate medical facilities and supermarkets so that people can still go shopping & get fresh food through any period of lockdown.

With lockdown it means being predominantly at home unless you have a need to be out of home

View attachment 844053

Lol let's see them talk the way out of this one AFL must be 1 million cleaners down at the facility right. Just stop this bullshit while you can.

Like this -
"Due to quarantine requirements, the staff member has at no point been in any contact with players or staff members at Collingwood since returning and has therefore presented no transmission risk to the club."

Good click bait headline

Like this -
"Due to quarantine requirements, the staff member has at no point been in any contact with players or staff members at Collingwood since returning and has therefore presented no transmission risk to the club."

Good click bait headline

Oh we know you want to play through everything cat09.

It doesn't matter a club has a case this is absolute garbage anyway all for money no other reason

you want clickbait

PhotoPictureResizer_200321_154409326_crop_1045x1873.jpg

Oh we know you want to play through everything cat09.

It doesn't matter a club has a case this is absolute garbage anyway all for money no other reason

you want clickbait

View attachment 844069
You asked how is Collingwood going to explain that away - pretty simple as it was already in the article

If it was a staff member who had been around the club then I agree it would be an issue - but this is someone employed by the football club who had been overseas, they returned from overseas, went into isolation for 14 days and tested positive during that period, all of which was done without them having contact with anyone from the club

I know we have over 1,000 cases in Australia - so does that mean for every confirmed case that is from an individual who has returned from overseas but has no contact with their place of work during their 14 days of isolation, that we should instead be naming the places they work & question what's going to happen at said place?

Jenny* has recently returned from LA, and can't go to her normal job at Kmart because she has to go into 14 days of isolation at home. During those 14 days of isolation she becomes a confirmed case - do we question what's going to happen at the Kmart she would normal work at even though she hasn't been there since returning from her holiday?

You asked how is Collingwood going to explain that away - pretty simple as it was already in the article

If it was a staff member who had been around the club then I agree it would be an issue - but this is someone employed by the football club who had been overseas, they returned from overseas, went into isolation for 14 days and tested positive during that period, all of which was done without them having contact with anyone from the club

I know we have over 1,000 cases in Australia - so does that mean for every confirmed case that is from an individual who has returned from overseas but has no contact with their place of work during their 14 days of isolation, that we should instead be naming the places they work & question what's going to happen at said place?

If Jenny* has recently returned from LA, and can't go to her normal job at Kmart because she has to go into 14 days of isolation at home. During those 14 days of isolation she becomes a confirmed case - do we question what's going to happen at the Kmart she would normal work at even though she hasn't been there since returning from her holiday?

Lol Australia is playing football through a once in a lifetime world epidemic. Please keep talking cat09

I don't care what Jenny from the block does, this is Australian rules football where they tackle and travel.

I reinforce you will always push to play through anything you have made that point

Most of the supermarkets are looking for night shift self stackers also - bonus of dealing with no customers
Oh yeah. Could be an option. Like the no customers. That shit ain't for me.
Faaark I hope I don't sound like I'm whinging cause I'll still be fine compared to a lot.
Just saying how it is.
Have a guy who's coming over tonight now who wants me to build him a tattoo bed lol. So I might take him up on that in a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah. Could be an option. Like the no customers. That shit ain't for me.
Faaark I hope I don't sound like I'm whinging cause I'll still be fine compared to a lot.
Just saying how it is.
Have a guy who's coming over tonight now who wants me to build him a tattoo bed lol. So I might take him up on that in a couple of weeks.
Aaah. Like this?

4def70f4fa268a4eff8b47492b2137bc.jpg

The way I see it is How much can these people hoard? They're gonna have to run out of space to keep all this shit at some point.
Then all the normal people can just go shopping in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it is How much can these people hoard? They're gonna have to run out of space to keep all this shit at some point.
Then all the normal people can just go shopping in peace.

Earlier this month most home electrical type stores (Good Guys, Harvey Norman etc) sold out of freezers - both upright and chest freezers

Seems the hoarders tried to prepare the houses before stocking up on food - probably kicked the kids out of home so they could use the bedrooms for toilet paper, tissues and other cleaning products. The siblings bedroom was most likely turned into a secondary food storage option, so shelving for all the pasta, flour and sugar, plus room for the fridges & freezers they purchased

The kids are how stuck at school which is why #scottyfrommarketing can't close them

Look like the Soviet Union the way we buy toilet paper now. No longer do you go to the aisle and pick your favourite brand/price point. You get there at the time they happen to wheel out a pallet from the back. Staff stand at the opening with their pallet of toilet paper - people don't care about the brand or price - and it's gone in a few minutes. What happened to the great capitalist dream of abundance and choice?

Look like the Soviet Union the way we buy toilet paper now. No longer do you go to the aisle and pick your favourite brand/price point. You get there at the time they happen to wheel out a pallet from the back. Staff stand at the opening with their pallet of toilet paper - people don't care about the brand or price - and it's gone in a few minutes. What happened to the great capitalist dream of abundance and choice?
The great capitalist reality of greed and self centeredness took a giant step forward and shat all over doing the right thing and as as result of looking out for #1 with no regard for 2 - 20, here you are.

GO CAtters

Australian Medical Association’s NSW branch, Dr Kean-Seng Lim, quoted today - not a politician...

"As doctors, it’s distressing to still see people undertaking non-essential recreational activities.

The time for that is passed – it’s time to stay home."

The number of people just sitting around in cafes and bakeries - beggar's belief.

Adults around the corner playing basketball, next to kids playing soccer.

Auctions going ahead down the road with dozens of people milling about.

The AFL has got this wrong - just shut up shop and set the example at how serious it is. People need to wake up.

2 Italians are now dying every few minutes.

New York is on the edge of disaster.

It was reported yesterday the AFL was ready to cancel the season, but it was Federal Libs who wanted the footy to go ahead.

You trust these people? Same government now telling those in isolation to get in touch with charities if they need food and supplies. 'Don't bother us, thanks.'

"Kids should be at school. My kids are at school" said the PM.

Yet we now find they weren't - they've been away all week, 'sick'.

Greg Hunt gloating that grocery sales have been down since the PM asked people to stop panic buying. Ah, Greg, they're down because there's nothing to buy, poop-head.

Rant over.

Go Cats, but with a heavy heart.

Wouldn't surprise me if the AFL postpone the season for a month on Monday, and use the story of the staffer at Collingwood testing positive as the catalyst behind the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back