List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith had 10 and 13 disposals (7 contested possessions in total) between both his AFL games this year and failed to lay a tackle.

I'll back Anus or O'Neil to put up that output if needed.

Unfortunately AFL app is garbage and isn't letting my access the Telstra Tracker stats for both his games or i'd let you know if he was even in the top 5 for km's covered.
Smith Top 1 or 2 in most of the running stats,
second to Whitfield in KMs covered in the GWS game 16.5 to Smith's 15.2 but Smith out in front for average speed in defence and attack, repeated sprint efforts (39 times above 24kmh, next best was Liam Ryan 29)

Having good runners helps push the rest of the plodders through grueling pre seasons.
Masten (not Smith) should get a gig with the fitness staff, running rings around the youngins for another decade and beyond.

I hope we take a hard look at Ben Johnson.

You could knock him over with a feather right now, but he has traits you can't teach with that booming kick and speed. Finished with the second fastest 20m sprint at the combine (2.885 – Petruccelle ran 2.87).

Give him a few pre-seasons to build his body and he could be a suitable replacement for Jetta in the long term.

Can only agree with you on Ben being very impressive.

He first caught my attention in the WA v Vic Metro game with those two long telling goals.
Beautiful kick on him.
He seems very composed and sure of himself on the rebound.
Seems like a very good WA prospect that’s not getting a lot of acknowledgment and love on the D&T boards.

Very underated player.

Smith had 10 and 13 disposals (7 contested possessions in total) between both his AFL games this year and failed to lay a tackle.
It seems clear that smith was drafted so he could make masten look like a tough contested beast .

We done smithy you 'played your role'

1021369.jpg

Im looking for pace and good kicking skills in players at this stage picks 40 plus.

1025373.jpg

I hope we take a hard look at Ben Johnson.

You could knock him over with a feather right now, but he has traits you can't teach with that booming kick and speed. Finished with the second fastest 20m sprint at the combine (2.885 – Petruccelle ran 2.87).

Give him a few pre-seasons to build his body and he could be a suitable replacement for Jetta in the long term.
No to Ben Johnson. We can’t afford another player out for drug offences. but he sure can run.
But then again he would be only the second Canadian to play AFL.
He certainly doesn’t need building up!😏

No to Ben Johnson. We can’t afford another player out for drug offences. but he sure can run.
But then again he would be only the second Canadian to play AFL.
He certainly doesn’t need building up!😏

Wrong Ben Johnson, we're talking about the 1971 Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner. Your confusion is understandable though.

Anyway, no to Ben Johnson. Anyone who's been dead for 23 years is outside our age bracket. If you go too heavy on top-up players in the push for a flag you end up like all Ross Lyon teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happened to Ah Chee and Brayshaw?
We should know by now .

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Wouldn't surprise me if they are in limbo until after the draft at least brayshaw should be worried there will be a slider to take his spot .

I thought we offered ahchee a new contract ?
I dont think Ah Chee has accepted it. Well nothing has been announced anyway. We will probably hear something today.

Can only agree with you on Ben being very impressive.

He first caught my attention in the WA v Vic Metro game with those two long telling goals.
Beautiful kick on him.
He seems very composed and sure of himself on the rebound.
Seems like a very good WA prospect that’s not getting a lot of acknowledgment and love on the D&T boards.

Very underated player.

I watched Ben play a lot this season and certainly underrated, as most of WA's prospects are. He's very exciting with ball in hand and has an x-factor about him. When he runs, he's silky smooth in traffic. He's got a very accurate boot which can really penetrate strong defence. With the growing number of quick small forwards across AFL clubs, I think shutdown, running back men to counter these players like Ben will become more and more sought after.

The areas of his game he needs to develop is that he needs a bigger tank, 7.03 in the 2km TT, not good enough. Needs to put on more size as well as he is very lightly framed but this will come when he is in a professional environment. Would be useful if he could really develop both sides of his body as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back