List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Smith delisted, we are likely to go for 2 live picks plus Watson in the main draft and 3 rookies.

View attachment 772180
Correct me if I am wrong, but SSP players go on the rookie list also (a la Brooksby)?

Maybe we plan on 3 x main draft (inc Watson upgrade) then 1 or 2 rookies to leave a spot open for another SSP pick. (or 2)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit concerned about our outside run and ability to run out games at the moment. Would be keen to have masten as a rookie and play Beagles prn. IMO if gaff gets injured we will get run over in the 4th
We should draft some Ethiopian, 10,000m champions to the Cat B rookie list, that should comfortably fill the gap left by Masten.

No great loss to our mature depth with Smith gone. I'd much rather throw someone like Nelson or Duggan around the ground than give him another game, if the younger kids aren't ready – we've got enough hbf depth to work at giving new roles to experienced players. Can't imagine Hutch will be b22 next year either.

Disagree that it is a shallow draft. I see a lot of decent value later in the draft.

What the draft is short on is KPP. The draft is also very even from 15 to 35. And then even from 35 to 60.
Its always shallow when WA win the championships . Vic bias .

Its always shallow when WA win the championships . Vic bias .
Vic metro who usually boast about 30-35% of the draftees in the national draft were bog average this year . So in a draft of 77 like last year its normally about 25 players . Apart from the clear 1 and 2 it gets pretty thin on talent from the metro squad .

Oh well Smithy, at least you got a free trip to Cambodia cob 🤷‍♂️

Jokes aside its great the club sends guys over there who are on their way out of the club. You visit a country like Cambodia and come back with a whole different outlook on whats really important and whats not. You also find out just how lucky we are to live in Australia and be born in this country.

So Geelong are delisting Oscar Brownless and Abbott but say they will rookie list them if not picked by another club.

Brownless finished 10th in the VFL B&F.

Thoughts on picking him up with pick 91?

Midfielder. 19 and seems to be developing.

Good trade collateral for Clark in a year or two.

Even better if he becomes a gun.:cool::p:D

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More I read the more I think we will land another 3rd rounder trading a 2020 3rd for a 2019 3rd and use both.

There will be a decent "player who slides" and there are quite a few kids described as reliable players some with some real X factor that simply need to work on some aspects of their game such as strength or endurance.

Take a punt with Garcia or Perez coming back from injury.

I'd be looking at one of our WA U18 players with upside.

Some very solid a half backs available. Quite a few with speed and good kicking just need time in the gym and to build their endurance bases.

Freo have opened up 2 more spots in the national draft by delisting contracted players then picking them up as rookies.

Looks like they will be taking 2 more picks .

They will probably use 10 + future 2nd ( they have 2 ) for 3 picks from 15-40 and use them for henry bids + extra picks

Smith had 10 and 13 disposals (7 contested possessions in total) between both his AFL games this year and failed to lay a tackle.

I'll back Anus or O'Neil to put up that output if needed.

Unfortunately AFL app is garbage and isn't letting my access the Telstra Tracker stats for both his games or i'd let you know if he was even in the top 5 for km's covered.

Smith had 10 and 13 disposals (7 contested possessions in total) between both his AFL games this year and failed to lay a tackle.

I'll back Anus or O'Neil to put up that output if needed.

Unfortunately AFL app is garbage and isn't letting my access the Telstra Tracker stats for both his games or i'd let you know if he was even in the top 5 for km's covered.

My recollection is Smith played the HFF black hole position. Our system simply doesn't generate touches for that possie.

Sam Gray worth a rookie? He was pretty serviceable last year with some rough service from SPP and alike, also had to play support role to Grey and Rozee. Could be a good gap fill until Cameron becomes more consistent.

Sam Gray worth a rookie? He was pretty serviceable last year with some rough service from SPP and alike, also had to play support role to Grey and Rozee. Could be a good gap fill until Cameron becomes more consistent.
I doubt we could afford him. He's already past rookie wages and our cap is tighter than the Virgin Mary.

Some very solid a half backs available. Quite a few with speed and good kicking just need time in the gym and to build their endurance bases.

I hope we take a hard look at Ben Johnson.

You could knock him over with a feather right now, but he has traits you can't teach with that booming kick and speed. Finished with the second fastest 20m sprint at the combine (2.885 – Petruccelle ran 2.87).

Give him a few pre-seasons to build his body and he could be a suitable replacement for Jetta in the long term.

Worth a go if we can get his brother as well.

I hope we take a hard look at Ben Johnson.

You could knock him over with a feather right now, but he has traits you can't teach with that booming kick and speed. Finished with the second fastest 20m sprint at the combine (2.885 – Petruccelle ran 2.87).

Give him a few pre-seasons to build his body and he could be a suitable replacement for Jetta in the long term.

Yep. Read about him last night. Super fast and a good long kick accurate kick He fits that group where he has real weapons but needs to spend a couple of years developing his strength and endurance. Which is not unexpected as a 18 year old.

They said he may have midfield potential once he matures physically.

Im looking for pace and good kicking skills in players at this stage picks 40 plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back