Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you doing?

Also speculating?

As is everyone on here.
100% spot on.

But I have openly stated I am. Old mate Jesus seems to think that he isn’t speculating at all, but enlightening us with some rubbish about incentives, which funnily enough are based on speculation lol

I wouldn’t have a clue what Is going to happen.

He's a done deal to North. Like Dusty.
Lol. No he isn’t. If you think the big dogs are going to sit on their hands and let North sign Kelly then I don’t know what to say. North fans act like Kelly has some emotional attachment to their club. He snubbed them to stay at a franchise club with 10,000 members. In fact, if North had any dignity they wouldn’t pursue a character that obviously holds them in such low regard. But anyway, going slightly off topic now...

Lol. No he isn’t. If you think the big dogs are going to sit on their hands and let North sign Kelly then I don’t know what to say.

I do. Not every player automatically wants to play for the biggest clubs.

North fans act like Kelly has some emotional attachment to their club.

He does, as does his dad who maintains close ties to the club and personnel.

He snubbed them to stay at a franchise club with 10,000 members.

He signed for two years on the advice of Connors, to try and snag a flag while we rebuilt and developed our list.

In fact, if North had any dignity they wouldn’t pursue a character that obviously holds them in such low regard. But anyway, going slightly off topic now...

You were never on topic, don't change tack now.

Even then, he has only just started to find his feet for you guys. (has been good without being A grade)

And he is 31 next year. o_O

Higgins has been good for North for multiple years. And so what if he's 31 NEXT year. You may have noticed that players tend to play longer careers these days.

(Those lucky enough not to play in provincial backwaters where they have to travel long haul every second week that is)

In the last two pages, things I’ve learn about eagles fans, trade talk leads to homoerotic Oedipus fantasies.
:think:

The last three years things I've learned about Norths is that the trade and FA period holds more interest to Roo fans than the actual season proper.

And another thing is they get very excited in landing a big fish.............just before they lose it at the last hurdle.

The last three years things I've learned about Norths is that the trade and FA period holds more interest to Roo fans than the actual season proper.

And another thing is they get very excited in landing a big fish.............just before they lose it at the last hurdle.

Didn't they make you blokes look pretty ordinary down in Tassie only about six weeks ago?

Higgins has been good for North for multiple years. And so what if he's 31 NEXT year. You may have noticed that players tend to play longer careers these days.

(Those lucky enough not to play in provincial backwaters where they have to travel long haul every second week that is)

How old is that fella on your avartar?

Players can play on until they are mid 30's.

It doesn't mean they play at the same level though.

Didn't they make you blokes look pretty ordinary down in Tassie only about six weeks ago?

Every team has an off week, quite a few have one when travelling to Northern Antarctica

But we finished top two which is way better than anyone predicted six months ago. And streets ahead of the dopers at Essendon. Just how long will it take for the Bumbers to get over the withdrawal symptoms I suppose is anyone's guess!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I say he was bad?

Matching a rival offer is the most unlikely of scenarios.
If WC were willing to pay even close to norths offer they would and less 20%.
Gaff will stay or go, for the money and change.
No way will WC match. There is no beneficial motive to do so. They will get a band one compo pick.
Any Gerard Whatley type posters here that can compile a list of free agent trades where clubs have matched?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Matching a rival offer is the most unlikely of scenarios.
If WC were willing to pay even close to norths offer they would and less 20%.
Gaff will stay or go, for the money and change.
No way will WC match. There is no beneficial motive to do so. They will get a band one compo pick.
Any Gerard Whatley type posters here that can compile a list of free agent trades where clubs have matched?

So the broken record goes around.....and around.....and around!

Lets just wait and see shall we!

IMO the Eagles should match. Sure it may cost $350k pa more than we wanted to but that is not a lot in this era. But Gaff is an elite talent and you pay for that. Pick 18-20 won't replace Gaff and with Lycett also going then we have a lot of free cap space to spread around on who exactly?

Pretty hard to attract elite talent back to WA as free agents or as a trade so why not spend that money on retaining the elite talent you have already developed.

If he still wants to go fine, a Melbourne based club will pony up with something better than pick 20.

Pretty logical from my point of view.

IMO the Eagles should match. Sure it may cost $350k pa more than we wanted to but that is not a lot in this era. But Gaff is an elite talent and you pay for that. Pick 18-20 won't replace Gaff and with Lycett also going then we have a lot of free cap space to spread around on who exactly?

Pretty hard to attract elite talent back to WA as free agents or as a trade so why not spend that money on retaining the elite talent you have already developed.

If he still wants to go fine, a Melbourne based club will pony up with something better than pick 20.

Clubs don't share your logical point of view.
If they WC payed him the extra he'd stay 100% if money was the reason.
Only Gaff knows what his reasons are.
If he doesn't want to stay, for close to equal money then clearly it's in his clubs benefit to let him go.
Give me one example, even just clubs murmuring that they will threaten to match a rival offer?

So much salt

As Baldric would say "saltier than the saltiest salt lake"

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Lol. No he isn’t. If you think the big dogs are going to sit on their hands and let North sign Kelly then I don’t know what to say. North fans act like Kelly has some emotional attachment to their club. He snubbed them to stay at a franchise club with 10,000 members. In fact, if North had any dignity they wouldn’t pursue a character that obviously holds them in such low regard. But anyway, going slightly off topic now...

I think you missed my point. Dusty re-signed with Richmond...

That's would I would do if I were WCE.
Plenty of incentive to do so I would of thought.
I don't think they will endeavor to make him stay mind you, just match or threaten to do so in an effort to extract a better deal

It's entirely possible that we could match, it's entirely possible that we have matched, it's entirely possible that Gaff will stay on less coin, it's entirely possible that he will leave. All scenarios should be considered with the most unlikely one being that we probably won't match if Gaff has decided to return to Vic for family reasons/compassionate grounds.

With Lycett out the door North's godfather offer isn't out of our reach. I know for a fact that it is either the Eagles or North now.

If he doesn't want to stay, for close to equal money then clearly it's in his clubs benefit to let him go.
Give me one example, even just clubs murmuring that they will threaten to match a rival offer?

Crows did it mate.

They picked up the phone and told Geelong we will not let Danger go as a fa.

So both clubs sat down and did a trade.

I agree if money was the main reason he would stay. But it seems to be more than just about money. Which is another reason to pick the phone up and say to Norths "No FA deal".

Norths are desperate to land a big fish. (Polac ain't a big fish btw) Three years in a row missing out after making all the noise isn't a good look.

Anyway only time will tell.

Adelaide did so with Dangerfield to force a trade with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back