Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but Simpson ruffling his hair at the end of the game would be a prick act if it was known he was leaving.

1ec23bb82b7d9709bee8fe5ef8df134a

north will be diappointed, and wce will be getting a player from geelong, not kelly

Aw, you're cute. Geelong will look good adding Gaff, Dahlhaus, Steven and Rohan into that midfield. No need to fix the actual weaknesses.

I blame the AA selection committee for putting Dangerfield as a forward.

The decision between Port and North is which second round pick from Port comes back. They have 2. North want the earlier second pick back. Port will offer the latter 2nd rounder.
What north want equates to pick value 18-21.
So a late 1st rounder is bang on from norths position.

All said and done I'm guessing the deal will get done.
Right now it's normal posturing

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Where have you seen those reports? All I’ve seen is Port want to give a 3rd rounded and North want their 2nd. There’s no way Polec goes with 21 for pick 10. It’s more likely north want ports 2nd and port want to give one of their 3rds which would value Polec around Pick 14-15 which is unders but probably right for an unrestricted free agent.

If he was valued around pick 18-20 Port would just let him walk to Carlton or Saints in the draft and get the end of round compo instead so there’s no way we’d trade him for the same value as we’d get in compo anyway.

Where have you seen those reports? All I’ve seen is Port want to give a 3rd rounded and North want their 2nd. There’s no way Polec goes with 21 for pick 10. It’s more likely north want ports 2nd and port want to give one of their 3rds which would value Polec around Pick 14-15 which is unders but probably right for an unrestricted free agent.

If he was valued around pick 18-20 Port would just let him walk to Carlton or Saints in the draft and get the end of round compo instead so there’s no way we’d trade him for the same value as we’d get in compo anyway.

Polec isn't a free agent, he's just out of contract. There's no compo.

Gee some people have no idea
No compo mate he's not a free agent.

Port have picks 21 and 27.
Not sure what port want to send back?

Could be that north will also be parting with pick 10 and 28 for ports Polec and 21.

Not sure, but what I do know is that the haggle is between what North get back.

North get Polec and pick 21
Port get pick 10 and 28

Making Polecs value 878 points or equivalent to pick 14

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Not really studied your drafting history, but knowing North's it's a hit and miss caper. IF Port really reckon there's a player they believe will make the grade and hang around long term, sometimes you would rather back the sure thing than speculate what you might get outside of the top 20.
Don't you have pick 28 as well?

10 for Polac and 28, forget the points value as that's a crock of shit.

north will be diappointed, and wce will be getting a player from geelong, not kelly

Menegola or Duncan plus Smith for pick 35ish/ 39 after compo and priority picks. Those two clear up $700k cap space at Cats for Gaff.

Gaff to Cats as a FA.

Bit of good will towards any future Kelly trade.

On the Couch tonight saying Cats have too many mids of the same ilk and either need to move some on or get a new role for them.

Why would Gaff take a 50k pay rise on Brownlow form lol

The Cats can't even lure Lycett after the money spent on Dahlhaus. This is the least realistic Vic option for Gaff.

Menegola or Duncan plus Smith for pick 35ish/ 39 after compo and priority picks. Those two clear up $700k cap space at Cats for Gaff.

Gaff to Cats as a FA.

On the Couch tonight saying Cats have too many mids of the same ilk and either need to move some on or get a new role for them.

Seriously? Duncan would probably take a mid to late first round while Menagola would be an early second. Smith on top of both of those is nowhere near 35 to 39

Seriously? Duncan would probably take a mid to late first round while Menagold would be an early second. Smith on top of both of those is nowhere near 35 to 39

Its a side deal to help free up cap space to land Gaff as a free agent.

Cats are going backwards and have too many mids of the same class. Smith played 3 games this year and remains under contract next year.

To land a player of Gaff's quality they need to shed cap space. Duncan for a late 2nd is the offset for allowing a player like Gaff to land for free as a free agent.

As Cook and Scott said yesterday, Cats need to be bold this off season or they go backwards.

In that deal they lose Duncan / Menegola and Smith. Gain Gaff, another 2nd rounder.

In reality its one of Duncan (28yrs) / Menegola (27years) for Gaff (25 yrs)+ a 2nd rounder.

Eagles lose Gaff + a late 2nd, gain Duncan, Smith plus compo pick 20ish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats are going backwards and have too many mids of the same class. Smith played 3 games this year and remains under contract next year.

To land a player of Gaff's quality they need to shed cap space. Duncan for a late 2nd is the offset for allowing a player like Gaff to land for free as a free agent.

As Cook and Scott said yesterday, Cats need to be bold this off season or they go backwards.

In that deal they lose Duncan / Menegola and Smith. Gain Gaff, another 2nd rounder.

In reality its one of Duncan (28yrs) / Menegola (27years) for Gaff (25 yrs)+ a 2nd rounder.

My favourite part of this is how you want two contracted players to relocate to the other side of the country (and one uncontracted to head to Geelong) so you don't lose Gaff for a compo pick.

I gotta be honest, your persistence in trying to come up with deals that benefit West Coast (when the reality is you're going to lose Gaff for significant unders if he goes) is admirable.

No pain......no gain!!!

1534634955_maxresdefault-277x156.jpg

I find I have my best ideas after all my blood drains down to my head

I hope North and West Coast have more dealings on another player next season, I think I'll miss you when this window closes.

Gaff to Cats as a FA.

Prefer Duncan...lacked opportunities due to Ablett return

But his old man isn't ill. He's out the other side of a health issue. He's recovering. Its not a big deal.

You're right, it's not the only reason. His partner is also a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back