Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

He should go to Melbourne, exactly what they need. Not sure how they can afford him pick wise, but with so many players only just proving themselves I doubt their cap will be overly tight despite Lever.

inside: Harmes, Viney, Oliver (Elite)
outside: Gaff, Brayshaw

Top 5 midfield in the comp I'd say

He should go to Melbourne, exactly what they need. Not sure how they can afford him pick wise, but with so many players only just proving themselves I doubt their cap will be overly tight despite Lever.

But he's exactly what we need. And the need is greater.

Well Angus Brayshaw isn’t painting a welcoming environment for Gaff at the Dees. I’d say this just about rules them out.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/m...f/news-story/57b87b1255f10489761da55cc4e12bf2

Well that makes sense. Melbourne it is then

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Nah we dont need him at that price

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dusty's announcement did wonders for Richmond last year. Might have got them the flag.

Going to go out on a limb and say that Dusty's contribution to the team was a bigger factor than his signing on for 2019 and beyond.

Gaff: "I'm in for the long haul"
Teammates: "Awesome, could you grab us a Powerade?"

hope we get him.
excellent player.
FA is a mess. if we are doing compo the formula needs changing. wc should be getting a better pick imo.
should have fixed this after buddy/frawley.
afl are amateurs.
just because its working in my clubs favour in this instance does not mean all is fine.
crap rule fix it please.

They'd go a long way to fixing FA if they stopped allowing front and back ending of contracts.

It should be that if North can afford $1.2m in 2019 and we cannot then we cannot match. It should also be that if North offer $1.2m in 2019 they must offer $1.2m for every year of the contract with a minimum contract length of at least 4 years for a contract that size to a 26 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd go a long way to fixing FA if they stopped allowing front and back ending of contracts.

It should be that if North can afford $1.2m in 2019 and we cannot then we cannot match. It should also be that if North offer $1.2m in 2019 they must offer $1.2m for every year of the contract with a minimum contract length of at least 4 years for a contract that size to a 26 year old.
i think the formula is fine if the player is leaving from a bottom 4 club.
carlton losing cripps for instance.
but imo teams 1-14 should get a compo pick rated of the first 2 years of new contract.
for example.
gaff gets 3mil over the first 2 years
top 10 pick.
say lycett gets 1mil over the first 2 years
top 30 pick.
losing a ready made performer for the chance of a ready made performer (a draft pick) is always crap.
finishing position once we get past the bottom 4 is irrelevant imo.
my 2c

Brayshaw isn't melbourne's recruiting manager...
Obviously, but other players are used to influence trade targets and FA’s eg: Cats/Hawks. Brayshaw was certainly not towing the company line if they were keen on Gaff. In which case they’d be telling him to “zip it”.

Obviously, but other players are used to influence trade targets and FA’s eg: Cats/Hawks. Brayshaw was certainly not towing the company line if they were keen on Gaff. In which case they’d be telling him to “zip it”.

Whereas his old man...

Surely this will force North's hand to play ball with West Coast. Don't ask me how but I get a gut feel this suits West Coast.
Sounds most like it's a rumour generated to do exactly this.

Sydney will be active this trade window but I'm not sure if Gaff sized contracts are on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back