Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep thats the one I didn't recall.

Not quite the scenario raised.

It's similar because it gave Richmond a better compensation pick than they would have if they matched the offer and there was a fear I believe that they might have matched so by doing it Richmond we're happy and the Hawks got their man.

Neither WC or Gaff benefit if he announces he is leaving now. It's just a distraction and the team is playing finals.

He can't join North as a free agent or via the draft or via trade until the second week of October. He can re-sign any time but WC can't "match" anything until the FA period actually opens.

Neither WC or Gaff benefit if he announces he is leaving now. It's just a distraction and the team is playing finals.

He can't join North as a free agent or via the draft or via trade until the second week of October. He can re-sign any time but WC can't "match" anything until the FA period actually opens.
100%

Why throw that cat amongst the pigeons when the Eagles are trying to focus on winning a premiership? What does he gain out of doing tha?

I'm not saying he's definitely leaving, but you'd think if he was staying, that announcing he was signing would be good for the morale of the team.

The silence is what's intriguing.

To be honest the majority of WC players and coaches would already know if he was staying or going by now just cannot mention it for political reasons.

100%

Why throw that cat amongst the pigeons when the Eagles are trying to focus on winning a premiership? What does he gain out of doing tha?

I'm not saying he's definitely leaving, but you'd think if he was staying, that announcing he was signing would be good for the morale of the team.

The silence is what's intriguing.

IMO with Gaff out of the finals keeping a low profile is the best option. If he came out tomorrow and re-signed would that give the team a boost? I doubt it.

To be honest the majority of WC players and coaches would already know if he was staying or going by now just cannot mention it for political reasons.
I don’t think Simpson would have gee’d him up after the siren the way he did if he knew he was gone. In fact having him in the box seemed like a smart tactic to keep him invested in the Eagles future.

I don’t think Simpson would have gee’d him up after the siren the way he did if he knew he was gone. In fact having him in the box seemed like a smart tactic to keep him invested in the Eagles future.

It's almost like he's spent eight years there and has formed close bonds with team mates and coaches.

Dont live or come from WA so try again.

We TOTALLY get 100% why Norths are throwing stupid money at Gaff.

Do you understand what restricted free agency means?

So if the Eagles match then Gaff isonthe exact same category as Polac contract status wise.

So choose Gaff v Polac.

Who makes Norths a stronger side?
Lol Norths

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It's almost like he's spent eight years there and has formed close bonds with team mates and coaches.

I've seen it said several times now that if he was leaving he wouldn't be allowed in the box, that completely ignores the fact that he is still an Eagle and has only just come back to the club, makes sense for them to include him. Naitanui was sitting on the bench. You involve your players, more so the top players however you can. Doesn't mean anything outside of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 and pruess is reasonable value for gaff mind you can’t see port being happy with pick 17-20 plus second rounders for Polec
The decision between Port and North is which second round pick from Port comes back. They have 2. North want the earlier second pick back. Port will offer the latter 2nd rounder.
What north want equates to pick value 18-21.
So a late 1st rounder is bang on from norths position.

All said and done I'm guessing the deal will get done.
Right now it's normal posturing

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but Simpson ruffling his hair at the end of the game would be a prick act if it was known he was leaving.
Umm Simmo is obviously happy he's made the right decision to go to his old club and help them try win a premiership. The way I see it, is that Simmo doesn't give a shit about WC and only wants what's best for North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back