Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gaff signs as a FA it makes no real difference to us where he goes.

Obviously we'd prefer he not go to a rival top 8 side but other than that we don't get any more or less from the deal.

If he is traded, that's another matter. Sydney have picks 13, 31 and 34 plus whatever they might get if Dan Hanebery joins St Kilda. Sydney are pretty reasonable. I suspect if Gaff wanted to join them they'd trade us 13 and 31 in a heartbeat.

Obviously we'd prefer he not go to a rival top 8 side but other than that we don't get any more or less from the deal.

If he is traded, that's another matter. Sydney have picks 13, 31 and 34 plus whatever they might get if Dan Hanebery joins St Kilda. Sydney are pretty reasonable. I suspect if Gaff wanted to join them they'd trade us 13 and 31 in a heartbeat.
We need points for academy pick so I can’t see us giving up picks all the freely.

well done sydney swans, got one over us. your masterful trading of hannebery and rohan will not only get you 2 second rounders by give you great salary cap position to land Gaff............very well played. Also Gaff is a very handy replacement for Luke Parker and another running backman that i forgot the name.

oh what was that channel 7 just reported that SFC has stated they are not in a market for Gaff........

Didn't st kilda reported to have 'blown our offer out of the water' with an 800k deal for 5 years where ours was 600k per year?

Hmmm, rumors truly flourishing.

Why? Sydney is the greatest city in the world and the Swans constantly play finals. Not to mention having the historic SCG as your home ground.

What is the attraction of playing at North? Limited chance of premierships playing in front of small crowds.

my school's oval is bigger than the scg. i might ask the same question, what's the point of playing for any of the western australian teams? Judd, Cousin, Lycett and Gaff are all going, surely people should be flocking to it as it's such a great region to live in. Hows the mining by the way, china ain't buying, just saying.

We can part with 13 because we can use later picks on Blakey. The second pick if it eventuated this way would likely be a 2019 2nd rounder rather than 2018.

We can part with 13 because we can use later picks on Blakey. The second pick if it eventuated this way would likely be a 2019 2nd rounder rather than 2018.

As above. We'd come up with something mutually beneficial. Our main aim would be to get into the draft early or land a suitable replacement player. Picks 30-35 are worth about 5-600 points each so 31, 34, 35 would be enough to match most top 10 bids.

Fake news, though. Gaff to North remains a 'done deal'.

This is quite laughable that gaff to sydney swans. Dude his father is very ill, and shock horror, his father resides in melbourne. Wow weeee. Moving to sydney totally defeats the purpose of being closer to family. Secondly sydney is nose diving down a cliff. Mass exodus is happening, the club is planning to be outside of the 8 for a couple of years to regenerate. Gaff is 27 in 2019, he needs to going to club either nearing success or in the window. We north melbourne is the only club that fits the bill of 1) vic team, 2) entering the upward curve, 3) big massive dollar, 4) small club and 5) strong culture. The small club cannot be underestimated, not everyone wants to be in front of big crowd. Gaff is a reserved fella who does not like the lime light. So all the big name clubs are instantly out. It's quite laughable that this rumor actually came out. It's already killed off, i refer you to ch7 news, SFC already stated the negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is quite laughable that gaff to sydney swans. Dude his father is very ill, and shock horror, his father resides in melbourne. Wow weeee. Moving to sydney totally defeats the purpose of being closer to family. Secondly sydney is nose diving down a cliff. Mass exodus is happening, the club is planning to be outside of the 8 for a couple of years to regenerate. Gaff is 27 in 2019, he needs to going to club either nearing success or in the window. We north melbourne is the only club that fits the bill of 1) vic team, 2) entering the upward curve, 3) big massive dollar, 4) small club and 5) strong culture. The small club cannot be underestimated, not everyone wants to be in front of big crowd. Gaff is a reserved fella who does not like the lime light. So all the big name clubs are instantly out. It's quite laughable that this rumor actually came out. It's already killed off, i refer you to ch7 news, SFC already stated the negative.
This is a bizarre post.

not as bizzare as some posters who reckons they can match our offer and force a trade for 2 first rounders. please do match and we walk, you pay 7 times 1.2 mil, sounds fair.
Ok.

Laying off the Kool Aid might just be a good idea pal

Did i just hear 9 million over 7 years? Nearly 1.3 million per year. No chance West Coast matching that. May have over payed but he is all quality.

Yep, there is absolutely no way anyone else can match............unless they want to break their club.

Yep, there is absolutely no way anyone else can match............unless they want to break their club.
So North are breaking their club?

So North are breaking their club?

Eventually i suppose.....................but we got 3 mil to burn and we only target the top-guns and not the pop-guns. Our strategy is going to be drafting, then pick up the cheap hidden gems, once the cap is at a certain stage where a warchest is built, we go out for A+ players. So for us, we will always be getting a big name every 5 years. The complete bottoming out is no longer feasible, it's calculated regeneration that's going to be a buzzword now.

Eventually i suppose.....................but we got 3 mil to burn and we only target the top-guns and not the pop-guns. Our strategy is going to be drafting, then pick up the cheap hidden gems, once the cap is at a certain stage where a warchest is built, we go out for A+ players. So for us, we will always be getting a big name every 5 years. The complete bottoming out is no longer feasible, it's calculated regeneration that's going to be a buzzword now.
That's amazing.

You might not last the off season if rumours hurt this much

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back