Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE wont match 1.3
Daw wont be traded
Sorry to disappoint

You might get Preuss for a late 2nd round.

What use would Daw be when you have Gov anyway?
I can assure you it's no disappointment for us not to get Daw.

You know it's still a strong possibility that Gaff doesn't exercise his FA rights and re-signs with WC for a sum that he and WC agree to and doesn't need to match anything?
giphy.gif

If Norths are really offing these sorts of deals they are setting themselves up for some pain in future years and will lose some decent talent as they will be offering unders.

North would be better off paying Gaff and Polec to get them to the club and worry about the rest down the track. If they lose players as a result of signing up these two guys then so be it. North have been a vanilla football team for far too long now (and yes I say that as a St Kilda supporter with full acknowledgement the team I support is even worse), they need to inject some quality and take a different approach. I like the direction North are heading. Higgins and Waite worked for them. This isn't something they haven't explored before. North Melbourne have found something that has worked in the past, and they have just upped the stakes.

oh is this going the way of the Polec thread now?
I don't think any sane person would actually argue that Gaff is worth 1.3m a year.

I don't think any sane person would actually argue that Gaff is worth 1.3m a year.
you're right, we should offer him less, that would be how we would get him to leave his team, yea? all other teams including west coast will do the polite thing and not match it too.

you're right, we should offer him less, that would be how we would get him to leave his team, yea? all other teams including west coast will do the polite thing and not match it too.

There's no point getting defensive about it, we are clearly paying him more than he's "worth", but it's a necessary evil to try and get him as a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he's worth more. ready made outside midfielders at the peak of their career who is injury free and very consistent. If De Goey is worth 700k, Gaff is worth at least double. Gaff's constitution will allow him to playing at his peak well into the 30s. We got one of the best medico team in the league so i wouldn't be surprised he can go to 35, 36.

Way to miss the point.

No, he's worth more. ready made outside midfielders at the peak of their career who is injury free and very consistent. If De Goey is worth 700k, Gaff is worth at least double. Gaff's constitution will allow him to playing at his peak well into the 30s. We got one of the best medico team in the league so i wouldn't be surprised he can go to 35, 36.

Lol,ok.

Why not?? You know no better than anyone else what Gaff is thinking.
If your scenario was true the deal would have at least been announced even if there were still details to be finalised.

Just face facts your scenario isn't happening.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If your scenario was true the deal would have at least been announced even if there were still details to be finalised.

Just face facts your scenario isn't happening.

There are no facts to face!!
I'll admit, the most likely scenario is that Gaff goes, but if and to where....as I said, you know no more than anyone else!!

There are no facts to face!!
I'll admit, the most likely scenario is that Gaff goes, but if and to where....as I said, you know no more than anyone else!!
Maybe I do know more...

Best medical team in league....I can see why he wants to go to North...smh

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back