Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

How many clubs had a crack at Dusty, Kelly and Gaff?
Not sure. But there’s been a lot of gloating about these players in the last couple of years by North supporters.

Polec will be a good get, and Hall is fantastic offensively. Adds to the thrift recruiting policy they have managed after failing to get the big fish.

I wonder if Aaron fits the North culture.

If the rumblings about Gaffs imminent resigning with WC is true, it would be a huge slap in the face to North.

Aim for the stars- Dusty, Kelly, Gaff
and hit the moon - Polec and Hall.
Source of these rumblings?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s hard to think of any reason why he wouldn’t have re-signed by now if he was going to stay.

Just a question regarding free agency: I heard that fa compensation is worked out by calculating the net loss over the whole period and that it’s only one pick per period. Is that true? i.e. if WC lost both Gaff and Lycett they would only get one compensation pick based on the free agency period as a whole.

The Dogs had five fa players.

So if all went they would get one pick?

Um......no.

WCE wont match 1.3
Daw wont be traded
Sorry to disappoint

You might get Preuss for a late 2nd round.

What use would Daw be when you have Gov anyway?
You know it's still a strong possibility that Gaff doesn't exercise his FA rights and re-signs with WC for a sum that he and WC agree to and doesn't need to match anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE wont match 1.3
Daw wont be traded
Sorry to disappoint

You might get Preuss for a late 2nd round.

What use would Daw be when you have Gov anyway?

Assuming the offer is $1.3m, West Coast may not match but that presumes you know the offer and know the West Coast thinking.

But I do like your ability to projection BS as absolute facts. Well done

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assuming the offer is $1.3m, West Coast may not match but that presumes you know the offer and know the West Coast thinking.

But I do like your ability to projection BS as absolute facts. Well done

I reckon its pretty clear that NM had made an offer to Gaff that WCE would struggle to match as they don't want to make a trade at all and would rather just price it out.
Fact that he hasn't signed with you yet has me thinking its at least 1.3.

Theres 2 outcomes, Both make Gaff rich and neither involve a trade.

I reckon its pretty clear that NM had made an offer to Gaff that WCE would struggle to match as they don't want to make a trade at all and would rather just price it out.
Fact that he hasn't signed with you yet has me thinking its at least 1.3.

Theres 2 outcomes, Both make Gaff rich and neither involve a trade.

Right, so your assertions were just pulled out of umm the air. Ok?

West Coast can match any offer that North make. Period. Whether they would, if it's truly nuts and hamstrings the club, is a question the club has no doubt debated.

West Coast can match any offer that North make.3 Period. Whether they would, if it's truly nuts and hamstrings the club, is a question the club has no doubt debated.

And North won't have anything but fringe players and future picks to trade with so the outcome is either he stays or you get compo, I'm sure North have done their homework there too.

The original post I replied to asserted Maj would be involved in a trade. That won't happen as he is just as important to the club off field as he is in the backline and his whole family is in Melbourne, and as has been discussed ad nauseum, North don't want to make a trade.

West Coast can match any offer that North make. Period. Whether they would, if it's truly nuts and hamstrings the club, is a question the club has no doubt debated.

Gaff said in his interview there was a lot of misinformation floating around. I would be surprised if the deal was $1.3m pa for 6 years. That' more than Buddy has ever been paid and Gaff is not worth the same as Franklin.

Maybe $1.1m max.

If North pay that for Gaff what is Kelly worth?

What is Brown worth in his next deal?

If Norths are really offing these sorts of deals they are setting themselves up for some pain in future years and will lose some decent talent as they will be offering unders.

And North won't have anything but fringe players and future picks to trade with so the outcome is either he stays or you get compo, I'm sure North have done their homework there too.

The original post I replied to asserted Maj would be involved in a trade. That won't happen as he is just as important to the club off field as he is in the backline and his whole family is in Melbourne, and as has been discussed ad nauseum, North don't want to make a trade.

Yawn!!

$500k less a year and no secret river of endorsement income due to not wanting to be in the spotlight.

Wouldnt say strong possibility.

This gross overconfidence reeks of Martin and Kelly from last year.

The only parties who truly know the discrepancy between the offers is Gaff and his management. Every figure and ‘secret river’ of income thrown about in the media is pure speculation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back