Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlikely will give up 1.3 million per year to stay at the eagles.
Lol - big footy inflation. Will be 5 million a year before this is over.

So his options are stay and play for the eagles for free or play for the Roos for 1.3 million dollars?

It’s hard to think of any reason why he wouldn’t have re-signed by now if he was going to stay.

Just a question regarding free agency: I heard that fa compensation is worked out by calculating the net loss over the whole period and that it’s only one pick per period. Is that true? i.e. if WC lost both Gaff and Lycett they would only get one compensation pick based on the free agency period as a whole.

Lol - big footy inflation. Will be 5 million a year before this is over.

So his options are stay and play for the eagles for free or play for the Roos for 1.3 million dollars?

Its not a made up figure that figure is around the basis which West Coast is unable to match. North will have to deal with that figure as he gets older loses his pace a little bit and any injuries will still need to stump up that $1.3 million. I would take the best available offer for him and run.

Its not a made up figure that figure is around the basis which West Coast is unable to match. North will have to deal with that figure as he gets older loses his pace a little bit and any injuries will still need to stump up that $1.3 million. I would take the best available offer for him and run.
Lol - not a made up figure!! You wouldn’t know what the eagles can and cannot match and you don’t know the offer to Gaff.

Every chance he gets a big chunk in the 1st couple of years and when he gets older playing for much less. But I like you are guessing. I am just not deluded enough to pretend I know what the offer is.

If the rumblings about Gaffs imminent resigning with WC is true, it would be a huge slap in the face to North.

Aim for the stars- Dusty, Kelly, Gaff
and hit the moon - Polec and Hall.

There is absolutely no shame in players staying where they are, least of all if they have to relocate across the country. All three of those players stayed at clubs that are deep finalists.

If Gaff signs for another Vic club for less, or St Kilda/Carlton for the same, well that's the slap in the face.

If the rumblings about Gaffs imminent resigning with WC is true, it would be a huge slap in the face to North.

Aim for the stars- Dusty, Kelly, Gaff
and hit the moon - Polec and Hall.
How many clubs had a crack at Dusty, Kelly and Gaff?

On big footy we were the only ones to put a bid in. Not sure how a club chasing and missing players is a slap in the face. But big footy logic is usual rubbish logic. Every club missed out on players - including Richmond.

On big footy we were the only ones to put a bid in. Not sure how a club chasing and missing players is a slap in the face. But big footy logic is usual rubbish logic. Every club missed out on players - including Richmond.

We are like Schrodinger's talent scout, before they sign there's 5+ rival clubs going for it too, after it was only ever north melbourne.

Kelly - St.K, Carl, North - not to mention most Vic teams would've asked
Gaff - Stk, Melb, N Melb, Hawthorn, Ess, Carl
Dusty - Stk, North

Conveniently trolling to say otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly - St.K, Carl, North - not to mention most Vic teams would've asked
Gaff - Stk, Melb, N Melb, Hawthorn, Ess, Carl
Dusty - Stk, North

Conveniently trolling to say otherwise.
Any Vic club that didn’t look at bringing them in would have been derelict in their duties.

It’s hard to think of any reason why he wouldn’t have re-signed by now if he was going to stay.

Just a question regarding free agency: I heard that fa compensation is worked out by calculating the net loss over the whole period and that it’s only one pick per period. Is that true? i.e. if WC lost both Gaff and Lycett they would only get one compensation pick based on the free agency period as a whole.

No, you get one pick per player who leaves. For example Port lost two players (Danyle Pearce and Troy Chaplin) in the first ever free agency period and got two picks. This is to prevent a scenario where a club loses several average players but somehow gets a top pick because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back