Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I still feel it's either stay at the WCE or it's the Roos on very very good coin.
However I know as fact, he has met with Clarko.
Not surprised...with S Mitchell joining the Hawks assistant coaches next year and S Mitchell influence on Gaff's transition to midfield this year could likely be the case...good structured team with a steady/successful football environment would be something Gaff looks for...

We finished 2nd (pre-finals, still in it) and were also supposed to come last.

We have a $1b stadium up and running and a $50m facility under way.

If money isn't a factor (lol) there is more in our couch cushions than North's bank account.

you’re exactly right, his sick father in Melbourne and being away from his family for 8 years is the main factor. Meanwhile at Arden Street..

Assuming they can match, why wouldn’t the eagles? Surely the price is going to be more than the one mid-late teens pick they’d get as compo.

Everyone seems to be thinking he’d come for nothing but surely unless this is complete lunacy contract wise (which knowing North it could be), this is Dangerfield again isn’t it?

Assuming they can match, why wouldn’t the eagles? Surely the price is going to be more than the one mid-late teens pick they’d get as compo.

Everyone seems to be thinking he’d come for nothing but surely unless this is complete lunacy contract wise (which knowing North it could be), this is Dangerfield again isn’t it?

It's not Dangerfield again as we're not going to trade, hence offering such a huge deal - if we did trade it wouldn't involve a first rounder. People are still struggling to get their heads around this for some reason.

If Gaff accepts our offer and WC match, more than likely he stays an Eagle on $1.2m.

We finished 2nd (pre-finals, still in it) and were also supposed to come last.

Why do West Coast supporters spout this nonsense? I have no doubt a few people said it, but the wooden spoon was widely agreed to be between North and Gold Coast.

It's not Dangerfield again as we're not going to trade, hence offering such a huge deal - if we did trade it wouldn't involve a first rounder. People are still struggling to get their heads around this for some reason.

If Gaff accepts our offer and WC match, more than likely he stays an Eagle on $1.2m.

Why would North Melbourne not want to trade? He would be the second best player on your list straight up, would be lucky to find someone that accumulate like him with any first round pick, is an elite talent. Seems crazy you still wouldn’t pursue him at least a little if we matched.

If North Melbourne truly do have the opportunity to bring Gaff in, however it is, would seem like a big middle finger to the fans if you just decided you’re not getting him the way you(north) want to and decided to stop.

If Kelly is coming next year as well, would b a great player to have next to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows didn't have to match on Dangerfield, it was a straight trade. Geelong didn't lodge FA paperwork on Danger. It's not to say that West Coast won't/shouldn't match but it needs to stop being compared to that deal.

Why would North Melbourne not want to trade?

Because we'd be paying a 350k a year excess for no reason.

That's $2.4 million dollars over seven years. We're paying large to get him for free.

If it was from the personal bank accounts of all these brain genius Eagles fans, they wouldn't be saying the same thing.

The Crows didn't have to match on Dangerfield, it was a straight trade. Geelong didn't lodge FA paperwork on Danger. It's not to say that West Coast won't/shouldn't match but it needs to stop being compared to that deal.
Why didnt the Crows have to match?

Is it coz Geelong knew they'd match so didnt bother lodging the FA?

That Gaff has not announced he's staying by now is a very clear indicator he is gone.

From my memory no player on this situation has signed on to stay this late in proceedings.

If it wasn't for Kelly and Martin saying no last year, it would be a clear cut case of gone to North in terms of perception.

Because we'd be paying a 350k a year excess for no reason.

That's $2.4 million dollars over seven years. We're paying large to get him for free.

If it was from the personal bank accounts of all these brain genius Eagles fans, they wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Usually small market teams have to overpay to get bigger stars. 350k a year is a lot, but obviously something you guys are prepared to pay. Would you rather 2020 first round pick plus change or Andrew Gaff, I think most people would take Andrew Gaff. The fact that you guys have missed out on some big names, while also bringing in delisted players like Williams, Hartung and Hrovat shows that maybe it isn’t the best to let go of a big fish if you got him.

Not saying you have to trade for Gaff, in fact I agree that ideally you wouldn’t want to trade anything for Gaff, but I don’t think it’s as straight forward as saying Roos won’t engage if Eagles match, it’s a big fish that North have wanted for years now.

Why didnt the Crows have to match?

Is it coz Geelong knew they'd match so didnt bother lodging the FA?

Who knows? No doubt if Geelong and Adelaide were in communication then West Coast and North (in this instance) would be.

Why do West Coast supporters spout this nonsense? I have no doubt a few people said it, but the wooden spoon was widely agreed to be between North and Gold Coast.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ea...inals-in-2018-says-robert-walls-ng-b88779554z

Wallsy sez. And he knows footy...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-17/crystal-ball-aflcomaus-2018-predictions

11th, 12th, 12th, 13th, 12th, 10th, 13th, 11th, 14th, 10th, 15th, 12th, 12th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 10th.

Not as last as North but we were hardly pre-season fancies.

That Gaff has not announced he's staying by now is a very clear indicator he is gone.

From my memory no player on this situation has signed on to stay this late in proceedings.

If it wasn't for Kelly and Martin saying no last year, it would be a clear cut case of gone to North in terms of perception.

I agree. Don’t buy it when he says I hope to be here next year. If you did then a contract would’ve already be signed. I know it’s the biggest contract of his life so no need to rush, but if you couldn’t come close on details for almost a year now; then I don’t like the chances of it happening in the next 3 weeks.

Adam Cerra actually said this season he wasn’t going to sign until the end of the year, I think a lot of people took that as he’s gonna want out. Turns out he signed, so still a bit of hope, but completely different situation also.

Although I agree that he isn't staying this time we have some other factors that could be a reason for no announcement.

I think you do know. :)

I don't as I'm on neither teams list management group. I'd think if it were the case though North and West Coast would be fairly well agreed on the potential going back between matching and taking the compo available.

I don't as I'm on neither teams list management group. I'd think if it were the case though North and West Coast would be fairly well agreed on the potential going back between matching and taking the compo available.
So what you're saying is.

Its like the Dangerfield situation?

Both clubs will have likely worked out the best scenario?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back