Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most Australians know there will never be peace in the middle east in our lifetimes so why risk ourselves. If Israel/Palestine was solved tonight something else would kick off, they're just not capable of disagreements without resorting to bloodshed. So when a war in that region is starting people rightly or wrongly roll their eyes

It'd be nice to stop supplying weapons but that probably ranks outside the top 30 issues for everyday Australians and our politicians are paid to sort out the top issues. Not that they ever do, usually make things worse bit by bit but discussion for another thread
Well we know people like you who are 100% about self interest don't care.Thankfully not everyone thinks like you.

Well we know people like you who are 100% about self interest don't care.Thankfully not everyone thinks like you.

In times of crisis that's what happens.

People look after themselves first.

The reality is for a lot of Australians paying the bills, putting food on the table and keeping a roof over thier head is more important than some war thousands of km away.

If people weren't struggling then more people would care.

The reality is for a lot of Australians paying the bills, putting food on the table and keeping a roof over thier head is more important than some war thousands of km away.

The guy you’re quoting either hasn’t got a family or is out of touch with reality.

Last edited:

Don't even think when it comes to this people need to really struggle to not want us involved in wars that have gone on longer than we've been alive. It's needless

Saint is right about being informed but I still think people would largely ignore it. It will never end, people just don't have energy to follow it

True but chicken and egg. They can't care to get informed when they have their own issues I guess

I honestly dont think the middle east is capable of peace. Jaded attitude from me perhaps but there isn't much evidence to suggest otherwise.
Perhaps just a status like North and South Korea. Where they still hate each other, but nobody's actively committing genocide.

I also don't think they'll be friends. But an end to violence and oppression isn't as distant as it seems. Everyone's on-board except Israel and Hamas for the last 30 years.

Perhaps just a status like North and South Korea. Where they still hate each other, but nobody's actively committing genocide.

I also don't think they'll be friends. But an end to violence and oppression isn't as distant as it seems. Everyone's on-board except Israel and Hamas for the last 30 years.
Therein lies the problem...

And that’s a big problem in Australia. Well, in pretty much all Western countries except for maybe Ireland. Western propaganda successfully dehumanised Arabs and Muslims in the eyes of many white Westerners. That’s why you see such apathy towards Palestinians compared to, say, Ukrainians and Israeli people.

So much so that Albanese can get away with commemorating the number of Israeli lives lost without even mentioning Palestinians. That’s why Peter Dutton can be a full-blown Zionist and still be eligible to become a Prime Minister. That’s why Kamala Harris is the Democrat’s choice despite pretty much being a Zionist herself. That’s why Donald Trump can spew Zionist talking points and continue to fuel hatred towards Palestinians. That’s why companies can help fund Zionism and still operate with little impact on them.

If enough people actually cared, then the current oppressive Israeli government would fall. If enough people cared, then we could actually see a day come where Palestinians are treated as equals on the land they were born on. Just look at the fall of apartheid South Africa. It was driven by ordinary citizens of South African and non-South African countries. It was successful because enough people cared.

But you’re right, Australians (like most other Western countries) just don't care enough, and what a sad state of affairs that is.

We could care, but what practical effect on a situation decades if not centuries old?

We could care, but what practical effect on a situation decades if not centuries old?
Decades old issue? Yes, that’s true. Maybe even a century old if you consider the Balfour Declaration as part of this. But this particular issue is definitely not an issue that’s centuries old. Remember that the Israelis today are Jewish people from Europe (Poland, Germany, Russia etc.). They only moved to the Middle East relatively recently.

Anyways, caring DOES lead to practical outcomes for an issue like this. Just like it did in South African apartheid, just like it did in ending colonialism in many parts of the world termed as the “global south”, just like it did in ending African American oppression, just like it did in making Indigenous Australians recognised as equals etc. Ordinary citizens helped put immense pressure on their governments. Not going to lie, it did get ugly at some stage in many of these cases, but that’s how much people cared.
Yes, oppressed groups in the aforementioned situations still face problems today, but they at least got to where they are today because enough people cared.

And that’s the problem with the current situation faced by the Palestinians. Not enough citizens of countries with power in this conflict (i.e., Western countries) care. Their governments are the main supporters of the Israeli oppression and occupation, and they don’t care.

The funny thing is that ordinary citizens in Western countries hold the most power over their governments than in most other places around the world. You don’t have to topple governments to get them to listen to you unlike authoritarian governments. And that’s what makes people’s apathy here so sad. Anthony Albanese is in need of the Australian people telling him that his support for a brutal occupation is unacceptable, but not enough people care. He needs to feel the pressure, but he doesn’t. We have Peter Dutton going wild on the other side, and again, not enough people care. We have Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Donald Trump pretty much ready to support them in any way they can, and not enough people care.

TL;DR version - We CAN do something if we form a unified front. We’ve done this many times before. But we as a collective just can’t be bothered. That’s why leaders like Anthony Albanese continue to support the Israeli government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that’s the problem with the current situation faced by the Palestinians. Not enough citizens of countries with power in this conflict (i.e., Western countries) care. Their governments are the main supporters of the Israeli oppression and occupation, and they don’t care.
They don't care because they have thier own worries. They don't have the time nor the energy to care.

We are in the midst of a cost of living and housing crisis.

If people were in a position to care they would.

I think most Australians know there will never be peace in the middle east in our lifetimes so why risk ourselves. If Israel/Palestine was solved tonight something else would kick off, they're just not capable of disagreements without resorting to bloodshed. So when a war in that region is starting people rightly or wrongly roll their eyes

It'd be nice to stop supplying weapons but that probably ranks outside the top 30 issues for everyday Australians and our politicians are paid to sort out the top issues. Not that they ever do, usually make things worse bit by bit but discussion for another thread
Swap Muslim/Arab victims for Jews and suddenly Australians would make it a top priority as we've seen with the politicians efforts to stand with the Jewish people on Monday (and the last 12 months) compared to their total disregard for Arab Australians for the 12 months preceding that. That's complete BS. "Australians don't care about the Middle East" unless it's the only white people living in the Middle East as Dutton and Albanese both demonstrated this week.

The British are solely responsible for bringing instability in the Middle East since WWI via the Balfour Declaration in 1917. It's not hard to achieve peace in the Middle East if the West stops interfering with Middle Eastern efforts to work towards peace.

The US and their allies are responsible for continuing instability in the Middle East by continuously supplying the Israeli government with arms to enact their oppressive ideology, vetoing any peace resolutions (which is only done by the US), sending billions of dollars to them, blocking self-determination for the Palestinians, fighting proxy wars with Russia and Iran in Syria, arming rebels to overthrow governments like what happened to Libya etc.

They also supported Saudis efforts to destroy Yemen the way they did. Most of the time, it's a Western proxy that is destabilising the region. Your perspective is so ignorant.

The West is solely responsible for the state of the Middle East via western colonialism and fighting proxy wars for their own ulterior motive. You just have to look at the West's invasion of Iraq (which was based on a lie of having Weapons of Mass Destruction) to see how they operate there. 1 million people died and not a single care in the world.

Last edited:
They don't care because they have thier own worries. They don't have the time nor the energy to care.

I don’t accept this excuse. Australia has sent millions of dollars in weaponry to the Israeli government over the last 5-10 years. The US has sent billions despite their own people suffering. When our countries do things like that, then this issue does concern us.

All it literally takes is to do things like boycotting brands actively supporting Zionist agendas. If you can’t keep up with all the brands that are supporting Zionism, then isolate it to the large supporters of Zionism. I’ve been doing this for almost a year now. It really isn’t that hard.

So I don’t accept this. People faced hard times in probably all eras post-industrialisation. Maybe even pre-industrialisation too. Yet people worked together to topple down oppressive systems by doing whatever big or little thing they could do. Why? Because enough people cared despite their own challenges. Again, a very sad state of affairs we live in nowadays.

That just speaks to your privilege and severe lack of empathy as a human because caring and making a change doesn't cost a thing. It's not going to put you in debt. You know what that person is? A bystander to an atrocity.

I'm also not Arab and living in Australia in the same cost of living crisis. Why can I care? It's different if your own government isn't contributing to the crisis (though you should still help), but when your government is complicit in a GENOCIDE, then of course we need to hold them accountable.

There will be a time when generations to come will question their grandparents what they did to stop the killing of over 20,000 Palestinian children the way we question why there were so many bystanders and contributors during Apartheid South Africa, the Holocaust, the genocide of Indigenous Australians, Jim Crow era America etc.

Can you imagine someone in any of the above answering "yeah I was trying to pay my bills". Aren't we all?! Just a BS excuse for being a selfish person. Maybe you will one day see what that will feel like being on the other side. Then you will know how awful it feels.

Look at the outrage towards Albanese for talking about Tourettes that made him apologise immediately yet who is holding him accountable for being complicit in and supporting hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, including tens of thousands of children, from acquiring lifelong disabilities?

People care more about saying something offensive about a condition rather than actually causing avoidable disabilities.

This is the dystopian world that people have been talking about.

Peta Credlin:

"In my over 25 years in politics I have never seen a more poorly prepared Prime Minister"

Succinctly put, Peta.

And smack, bang on the money!
She's a Liberal Party insider masquerading as a journalist, what else do you expect her to say?

Look at the outrage towards Albanese for talking about Tourettes that made him apologise immediately yet who is holding him accountable for being complicit in and supporting hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, including tens of thousands of children, from acquiring lifelong disabilities?

People care more about saying something offensive about a condition rather than actually causing avoidable disabilities.

This is the dystopian world that people have been talking about.
Well the media and he are on the same page on genocide

Decades old issue? Yes, that’s true. Maybe even a century old if you consider the Balfour Declaration as part of this. But this particular issue is definitely not an issue that’s centuries old. Remember that the Israelis today are Jewish people from Europe (Poland, Germany, Russia etc.). They only moved to the Middle East relatively recently.

Anyways, caring DOES lead to practical outcomes for an issue like this. Just like it did in South African apartheid, just like it did in ending colonialism in many parts of the world termed as the “global south”, just like it did in ending African American oppression, just like it did in making Indigenous Australians recognised as equals etc. Ordinary citizens helped put immense pressure on their governments. Not going to lie, it did get ugly at some stage in many of these cases, but that’s how much people cared.
Yes, oppressed groups in the aforementioned situations still face problems today, but they at least got to where they are today because enough people cared.

The funny thing is that ordinary citizens in Western countries hold the most power over their governments than in most other places around the world. You don’t have to topple governments to get them to listen to you unlike authoritarian governments. And that’s what makes people’s apathy here so sad. Anthony Albanese is in need of the Australian people telling him that his support for a brutal occupation is unacceptable, but not enough people care. He needs to feel the pressure, but he doesn’t. We have Peter Dutton going wild on the other side, and again, not enough people care. We have Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Donald Trump pretty much ready to support them in any way they can, and not enough people care.

TL;DR version - We CAN do something if we form a unified front. We’ve done this many times before. But we as a collective just can’t be bothered. That’s why leaders like Anthony Albanese continue to support the Israeli government.

I’m not saying we should care or not, just commenting why many people would not care

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back