Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

You projected on me there. I was guessing at voter interest in this, even though some pollies want to play it for all it’s worth
Israel/Palestine was at it before I was born, and will be long after I'm gone. For most here in Australia it really is a non issue. The middle east will never ever be 'fixed' so I'm sure the majority of voters here want our politicians to do actual work here for the people they represent

In b4 'we can chew gum and walk at the same time'. Sorry, our politicians have proven over many years that they can't

I have seen it s done often in bigfooty. It does deserve a thread don’t you think?
nah we're talking about labors actions in relation to Payman and you're happy to pontificate on the topic as being irrelevant but now you think it deserves a thread rather than respond?

Israel/Palestine was at it before I was born, and will be long after I'm gone. For most here in Australia it really is a non issue. The middle east will never ever be 'fixed' so I'm sure the majority of voters here want our politicians to do actual work here for the people they represent

In b4 'we can chew gum and walk at the same time'. Sorry, our politicians have proven over many years that they can't

Yes I’m reminded by the release of Assange, who’s exposure of document showed other countries have a heap more influence in our country than our country has in theirs

Do you think we should put pressure on politicians that go on those Israeli junkets?

Or should we ignore that as well?

Really. Let me call you on this. How do you know what I am thinking or want to think? Whatever.

You really don’t know. All this ‘part of the problem not part of the solution’ bulldust.
I'm going off your own posts peetoo

And the Israel Palestine situation has meandered on for most of that time. I think most Australians would think we have very little influence there, and are bemused by people living here demanding that we can.

Even our looking the other way has little practical effect

The government is playing a diplomatic straight bat on it. You do realise this has been going on for decades?

Back at you why is this issue ‘special’ over the dozens of issues around the world?
where you try to suggest that government action or inaction on this topic is equally irrelevant and nobody cares

I'm going off your own posts peetoo

where you try to suggest that government action or inaction on this topic is equally irrelevant and nobody cares

And I stand by all my comments. And our politicians have broken with Australian policy in this matter (labor being the closest) could even suggest this disunity blunts our influence even more.
Dutton couldn’t get a kippah hat on quick enough.

And I stand by all my comments. And our politicians have broken with Australian policy in this matter (labor being the closest) could even suggest this disunity blunts our influence even more.
Dutton couldn’t get a kippah hat on quick enough.
whats Australia policy in this matter

Do you want to know or are you testing me? I don’t take a big interest in those matters, and as I suggest, I believe a huge section of Australians don’t either. That more my point than showing how much I know on the matter
When the next generation of jihadists who've been radicalised by this turn up maybe some people will wish that they'd paid more attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you want to know or are you testing me? I don’t take a big interest in those matters, and as I suggest, I believe a huge section of Australians don’t either. That more my point than showing how much I know on the matter
i want to know what policy you think they have gone against

The government is playing a diplomatic straight bat on it. You do realise this has been going on for decades?

Back at you why is this issue ‘special’ over the dozens of issues around the world?
Because 30,000 innocent people have died, being bombed by a Government we support diplomatically and with military support). We should stop that. Is there any reason we shouldn't?

If there's another genocide we're supporting elsewhere in the dozens of places around the world, I'd love to hear about it and I would most likely oppose it in the relevant thread.

But this thread is about this topic, a Genocide being carried out in which Australia is complicit. If you don't think that's 'Special' and worthy of attention, I'm not sure what is.

Would you oppose it if we provided weapons and bought cheap oil from Russia to support their war effort?

Because 30,000 innocent people have died, being bombed by a Government we support diplomatically and with military support). We should stop that. Is there any reason we shouldn't?

If there's another genocide we're supporting elsewhere in the dozens of places around the world, I'd love to hear about it and I would most likely oppose it in the relevant thread.
West Papua, we're supporting Indonesia in that one right now as well

It's why we've been busy announcing things for PNG

Seems a bit Islamaphobic.
You want Islamophobia, I give you the Australian Jewish Association. Why would a Jewish Association be hosting a speaker about "Impact of Muslim Immigration"? I would have assumed a Jewish organisation would be focused on less racism, not more. Also, I think the "impact of Jewish Immigration" would be an interesting speaking tour led by a Palestinian.

Check out some of the questions. The white South African lady with the Israel scarf saying the Govt has been soft on Pro-Palestine rallies at 36:16 is great.

At 40 minutes there's a question about Muslims replacing Swedish people (they're 8% of the population).

I wonder why an Australian Jewish Association would spend time talking about Islam in Sweden.........of course they're not racist.....

LOL. If it wasn’t true don’t you think someone, anyone from the ALP, would deny it? FMD.
yeah sure, the alp feels the need to respond to a a plodder making a claim on a forum. a claim the plodder can only support by a link to a right-wing propaganda outfit. thanks for proving my point. appreciated.:thumbsu:

The events of the last couple of weeks have not been contrary to the history of the ALP.

We have seen an avowed defence of how the ALP operate in this thread: I'm surprised it took so long. Doug Cameron makes the same case. Basically the belief is that they cannot achieve what they want to achieve if they aren't 100% together. The caucus decided which way to vote in the same way they decide who is in the Cabinet.

The ALP is sort of uniquely poorly placed to deal with a diversity of opinion. And as always, the ALP's problems tend to be structural.

The events of the last couple of weeks have not been contrary to the history of the ALP.

We have seen an avowed defence of how the ALP operate in this thread: I'm surprised it took so long. Doug Cameron makes the same case. Basically the belief is that they cannot achieve what they want to achieve if they aren't 100% together. The caucus decided which way to vote in the same way they decide who is in the Cabinet.

The ALP is sort of uniquely poorly placed to deal with a diversity of opinion. And as always, the ALP's problems tend to be structural.
Would you prefer to see this sort of thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back