Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you think the average workers money ends up?
We pay less % tax now than 30 years ago … yet disposable income has decreased… we are no better off paying less tax..

Tax cuts ends up in the hands of bankers and corporations …
It’s a transfer of wealth.
No.
Income tax cuts are not corporate profits

You're conflating two unrelated things

The honesty argument is such bullshit

Payman was elected in 2022, the party platform is to recognise Palestine as a state and we're expected to buy the idea that she lied and waited 2 years for the greens to give her an opportunity to go against the party?
Greek commander during the Trojan War: "Okay fellas so you all just hide in this wooden horse. The Trojans will think it is a gift proclaiming their victory and they'll take it inside the city gates. Then, when they least expect it, you come out, surprise them, and take the city"

Soldier: "Great plan, sir! How long do we wait inside the horse after it has been brought in? An hour? A day?"

Commander: "Two years"

Last edited:

Where do you think the average workers money ends up?
We pay less % tax now than 30 years ago … yet disposable income has decreased… we are no better off paying less tax..

Tax cuts ends up in the hands of bankers and corporations …
It’s a transfer of wealth.

So you'd be better off if you gave half your earnings in tax, than if you gave none?

Oh how come i bought a tv and my washing machine stopped working?
Surely the two things must be related.

No.
Income tax cuts are not corporate profits

You're conflating two unrelated things

Income tax cuts leads to more disposable income initially then it gets sucked up by inflation and interest rates.
Which leads to less service and richer banks and corporations ….

Income tax cuts leads to more disposable income initially then it gets sucked up by inflation and interest rates.

Well yeah.
If i get a massive pay rise, i'm on easy street.
If everyone gets a massive pay rise... what you said.

Stage 3 tax cuts arent bad. Labour is the most taxed component of wealth in society by a mile and getting worse due to inflation. And it hurts the youth more then the old as youth only earn income from labour. A good policy would of been wealth taxes, removing capital gains discount, taxiing inheritance, taxing capital gains on owner occupied homes in exchange for more governments services, higher social welfare and even greater labour income tax cuts.
I wish people were honest and just say what they really want is what would advantage themselves lol.

Stage 3 tax cuts arent bad. Labour is the most taxed component of wealth in society by a mile and getting worse due to inflation. And it hurts the youth more then the old as youth only earn income from labour. A good policy would of been wealth taxes, removing capital gains discount, taxiing inheritance, taxing capital gains on owner occupied homes in exchange for more governments services, higher social welfare and even greater labour income tax cuts.
We're taxed up to our eyeballs already and you want more taxes?! No

How about we start getting efficiency out of the government services we pay for with our incredible taxes then they could put the savings to more government services.

Tax multinationals properly
Tax churches
Supertaxes on woolies/coles/banks/mines profits

No more taxes to the common folk. Ridiculous

We're taxed up to our eyeballs already and you want more taxes?! No

How about we start getting efficiency out of the government services we pay for with our incredible taxes then they could put the savings to more government services.

Tax multinationals properly
Tax churches
Supertaxes on woolies/coles/banks/mines profits

No more taxes to the common folk. Ridiculous
I want a change in taxes. Less taxes on labour (cos they disincentivize work and disproportionately tax young people) and more taxes on wealth and unearned income.

As for overall taxes i probably want a little bit higher cos i want to dramtically increase funding for hospitals and public education. But there is a lot of waste that could be removed from the government spending side as well so hard to see where it nets out.

I wish people were honest and just say what they really want is what would advantage themselves lol.
10 years ago my tax policies would advantage myself. Now they dont as I have created quite a bit of wealth and now get ridiculous tax advantages on that wealth. I still want these tax changes because they are much fairer and would greatly improve the economy and standard of living even if i would lose out financially from them.

You need more nuance to your argument then that. Otherwise you could just say we need 100 percent income tax rates because what is the point of anyone having income at all if it just leads to inflation and corporate bank profits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a change in taxes. Less taxes on labour (cos they disincentivize work and disproportionately tax young people) and more taxes on wealth and unearned income.

As for overall taxes i probably want a little bit higher cos i want to dramtically increase funding for hospitals and public education. But there is a lot of waste that could be removed from the government spending side as well so hard to see where it nets out.
More taxes will only bloat workforces more, it wont actually achieve any good. The last thing we need is bigger HR departments

We should all be expecting better efficiency not more taxes just because we know they're not capable of the former. Cut the chaff and you could get more hospital/education funding and save money. Thats how much waste there is

Consulting contracts removed, a proper clear out of dead wood public servants, and restructure so there's less needless executive or jobs for mates. Instead, because thats too hard and not in their best interests, we'll get taxed more

More taxes will only bloat workforces more, it wont actually achieve any good. The last thing we need is bigger HR departments

We should all be expecting better efficiency not more taxes just because we know they're not capable of the former. Cut the chaff and you could get more hospital/education funding and save money. Thats how much waste there is

Consulting contracts removed, a proper clear out of dead wood public servants, and restructure so there's less needless executive or jobs for mates. Instead, because thats too hard and not in their best interests, we'll get taxed more
You are missing the main point of my post. My post is not about overall tax rates. Its about who pays more tax and who pays less. Inheritors, the lucky, capital owners, lazy and old should pay more. The young, those from poor families, the hard workers and the unlucky should pay less.

And how much worse would that situation be if the tax cuts had not occurred??
What I'd like to know is if tax cuts are so evil will nut refuse to accept his or donate them to a suitable charity? Or is he going to "knowingly" contribute to inflation and increased "corporate profits"?

What I'd like to know is if tax cuts are so evil will nut refuse to accept his or donate them to a suitable charity? Or is he going to "knowingly" contribute to inflation and increased "corporate profits"?

I’ll put it on the mortgage to reduce profits to banks.. thanks for asking and missing the point.

I don't have a lot of inside information but, i know of a case where a Hospital maintenance guy , who had been paying for "service and parts " for mechanical items on beds, discovered he could do it himself for thousands of savings.

"Can you supply the parts cheaper" , "yep a little bit cheaper "
"Can you install and service them " , " service"?
"yep i get them all serviced every six months" , " the only thing that ever fails is this...and if you have a screwdriver you can change it in 5 minutes ".

Only reason the question was getting asked was because the funding was cut to hospitals at the time.
It would be good if they were driven by efficiency when funding wasn't cut , so that money could be directed to something better than unnecessary maintenance.

Hospital equipment, beds , overbed tables , etc are an incredible rort. They are mass produced in the large numbers.

A lot of people seem happy at those bloated times though.

I don't have a lot of inside information but, i know of a case where a Hospital maintenance guy , who had been paying for "service and parts " for mechanical items on beds, discovered he could do it himself for thousands of savings.

"Can you supply the parts cheaper" , "yep a little bit cheaper "
"Can you install and service them " , " service"?
"yep i get them all serviced every six months" , " the only thing that ever fails is this...and if you have a screwdriver you can change it in 5 minutes ".

Only reason the question was getting asked was because the funding was cut to hospitals at the time.
It would be good if they were driven by efficiency when funding wasn't cut , so that money could be directed to something better than unnecessary maintenance.

Hospital equipment, beds , overbed tables , etc are an incredible rort. They are mass produced in the large numbers.

A lot of people seem happy at those bloated times though.
Government departments at all levels have to "spend their budget or they lose it next year". There is literally zero incentive to run more efficiently

On the maintenance thing. I know someone who did that at a hospital but wasnt allowed to do anything, he just had to book trades to come do it which cost call out fees etc. Its a rort

Government departments at all levels have to "spend their budget or they lose it next year". There is literally zero incentive to run more efficiently

Anyone who works in a government department - we'd love to hear your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back