Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

The police did their job, he got off lightly by playing the mental health card that the judges always fall for.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He got off lightly because they didn't charge him with terrorism related charges, just stalking and intimidation.

Funny that when a Muslim burger place is firebombed or a firebomb is placed on a Pro-Palestinian car, it's not terrorism. But if people say Israeli Genocide is wrong, Jewish communities demand a biased envoy.

It's ridiculously racist. But not the way they think it is.

It's systemic in the crime and justice system. Albanese is looking in all the wrong places being led by all the wrong people.

I used to think he was just toe-ing the party line, but now I think he's just an idiot who doesn't actually see what's going on.

Don't think Palestine has anything to do with this one burge
this is disgusting and also disgustingly normal

its good that its getting media coverage

its also just the tip of the iceburg with how bad our housing is

this isn't new in any way

we get the odd article about this, usually involving someone with a disability, sometimes in relation to evictions to tear down public housing

but we don't get any real action on the problem

the minister will step in on this one because its gotten public attention in the hope of the story going away

Don't think Palestine has anything to do with this one burge
this is disgusting and also disgustingly normal

its good that its getting media coverage

its also just the tip of the iceburg with how bad our housing is

this isn't new in any way

we get the odd article about this, usually involving someone with a disability, sometimes in relation to evictions to tear down public housing

but we don't get any real action on the problem

the minister will step in on this one because its gotten public attention in the hope of the story going away
Palestine has nothing to do with anything here but it sure takes up alot of time, that's my point.

Perhaps the holier than thou, mega caring, could attach themselves to a worthwhile cause for once? Slacktivists tend to attach themselves to causes they can't do anything about so they feel good without having to do anything though, like Palestine

If people are sending links to on how to manifest a house then that department needs a clean out, especially management. That's ****ing appalling

Palestine has nothing to do with anything here but it sure takes up alot of time, that's my point.

Perhaps the holier than thou, mega caring, could attach themselves to a worthwhile cause for once? Slacktivists tend to attach themselves to causes they can't do anything about so they feel good without having to do anything though, like Palestine

If people are sending links to on how to manifest a house then that department needs a clean out, especially management. That's ****ing appalling
Yes you keep talking about Palestine to complain about people talking about Palestine
You are very smart

You also seem more interested in point scoring against protesters than the government

Israel has nothing to do with anything here either, but Albo and his government keeps virtue signalling to Netanyahu.

Complicity in genocide is quite a serious matter. Wouldn't you agree?

Israel has nothing to do with anything here either, but Albo and his government keeps virtue signalling to Netanyahu.

Complicity in genocide is quite a serious matter. Wouldn't you agree?

Most people probably don't read it the same as you do.

This is a good point.

A lot of reasonable folk take a position of being anti-Israel, and citing that that does not equate to being anti-Jew.

A better position is being pro Israel (by and large a good country) but anti Likud. It's the folks running the show there that are the problem, not the country itself.
Don’t know about that, there’s many a footage of non-Likud Israeli folk behaving awfully.

That wasn't the question
Equivocation when Genocide is brought up is the last bastion of defence.

We've reached the stages of "Why are you so busy opposing the death of thousands of children when there are other problems in the world".

Maybe I should wander into the Melbourne Holocaust museum and wonder aloud where the Cancer Museum is. "Why do you have a museum for something that happened so long ago in another country, what a waste of time. It's not like we would oppose a genocide now, would we?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the CFMEU mud is about to stick to everyone in the ALP.

Including Albo.

They've been taking that sweet sweet money and those sweet sweet votes from their member body for a very long time and been doing their bidding, including scrapping corruption and government oversight bodies.

The media is going to be absolutely ruthless on this, as they should.

If this was framed in a not too dissimilar way like Federal Government closes down corruption and police task force formed to investigate illegal Mafia activities

ALP recieves millions of dollars in "donations" per year from mafia criminal organisation, turns blind eye to formal complaints about extortion tactics etc.

How would that play?

Instead we have "Bikies and the CFMEU"

All but differences in name only.

If there's proof any Govt minister knew any of the union members they were dealing with were participating in illegal activities and turned a blind eye, or covered it up, or even participated in it.... they should face the full force of the law regarding corruption charges.

Simply knowing senior members of the union were extorting businesses, suppliers or the state governments budgets is good enough for me to prosecute senior politicians. Before we get into the fraud, drug trafficking, organised crime activities etc.

There's literally dozens of potential smoking guns here. I'm sure everyone right to the top of the ALP would be shitting themselves at the moment.

Last edited:

Including Albo.

They've been taking that sweet sweet money and those sweet sweet votes from their member body for a very long time and been doing their bidding, including scrapping corruption and government oversight bodies.

If this was framed in a not too dissimilar way like Federal Government closes down corruption and police task force formed to investigate illegal Mafia activities

ALP recieves millions of dollars in "donations" per year from mafia criminal organisation, turns blind eye to formal complaints about extortion tactics etc.

How would that play?

If there's proof any Govt minister knew any of the union members they were dealing with were participating in illegal activities and turned a blind eye, or covered it up, or even participated in it.... they should face the full force of the law regarding corruption charges.

Simply knowing senior members of the union were extorting businesses, suppliers or the state governments budgets is good enough for me to prosecute senior politicians. Before we get into the fraud, drug trafficking, organised crime activities etc.

There's literally dozens of potential smoking guns here. I'm sure everyone right to the top of the ALP would be shitting themselves at the moment.

Wow what a rant…

Including Albo.

How would that play?

Nah my man Albo will still be fine. Best PM since Howard.

Mine is coming down $40 or so. I see some absurd situations where people are paying $500+ monthly gas bills.

Our bills have genuinely not moved at all in the past few years. We pay around $2,200 a year for gas & electricity for a standard 3 x 1 house. When we first moved in in 2020, it was around $2,000 a year so not a drastic increase. I'm semi-conscious of how we use heating, cooling & general appliances but not super strict.

All these massive hikes have to be because people expect to run constant heating and pay peanuts, or are completely illiterate when reading bills and comparing plans between companies.

Including Albo.

How would that play?

Just like the mud of corporate law-breaking sticks to the major parties to whom they also donate? It makes me laugh that the CFMEU is usually being criticised of fighting too hard, illegally, for their membership. But when the fossil fuel or finance industries blatantly rort everything, everyone just carries on as if nothing has happened.

While people who outright steal money in the corporate world (or Govt - see Robodebt) are given slaps on the wrist and new Government contracts.

What the Royal Commission revealed about what Govt Departments did was far far worse than what the CFMEU have done, but all those white collar people kept their jobs and big pay packets.

Just like the mud of corporate law-breaking sticks to the major parties to whom they also donate? It makes me laugh that the CFMEU is usually being criticised of fighting too hard, illegally, for their membership. But when the fossil fuel or finance industries blatantly rort everything, everyone just carries on as if nothing has happened.

While people who outright steal money in the corporate world (or Govt - see Robodebt) are given slaps on the wrist and new Government contracts.

What the Royal Commission revealed about what Govt Departments did was far far worse than what the CFMEU have done, but all those white collar people kept their jobs and big pay packets.
one of the complaints about the CFMEU was that it was too successful at protecting its workers

another was that its members were getting paid too well

a third was that it was too good at stopping non union competitors from taking jobs off it

so basically three core union values and reasons for existence

one of the complaints about the CFMEU was that it was too successful at protecting its workers

another was that its members were getting paid too well

a third was that it was too good at stopping non union competitors from taking jobs off it

so basically three core union values and reasons for existence
Yeah, I can see why the members have stuck with the leaders. Absolutely no excuse for the criminality aspect.

But the CFMEU has done more for their workers than the ALP has, by streets.

Just look at the Shoppies (SDA) Union for comparison. Consistently get unders on EBAs, use their position for personal gain repeatedly and don't really care because they have a largely short-term membership and have got away with it for decades.

Nobody ever accused supermarket workers of being overpaid and they're replacing them with robots and nobody seems to care, least of all the Shoppies.

Yeah, I can see why the members have stuck with the leaders. Absolutely no excuse for the criminality aspect.

But the CFMEU has done more for their workers than the ALP has, by streets.

Just look at the Shoppies (SDA) Union for comparison. Consistently get unders on EBAs, use their position for personal gain repeatedly and don't really care because they have a largely short-term membership and have got away with it for decades.

Nobody ever accused supermarket workers of being overpaid and they're replacing them with robots and nobody seems to care, least of all the Shoppies.
It's also that whole corporate crime is fine but worker crime is bad

Putting an enemy of unions in charge of the CFMEU is a really shit move from the ACTU

Media hit campaign is in ful swing nationally now

20240718_152106.jpg

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back