Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Morrison the end goal/ambition seems to be simply about maintaining government.
Hmm I disagree. I think he’s clearly focused on maintaining government so as to implement his agenda.

But the issue I and others have with him is he’s so damn cautious with that agenda. So much is crying out to be fixed now.

More accurate to say Albo aims to maintain government so they can get some things done rather than nothing in opposition. Morrison just wanted to maintain status quo and have as many titles as possible.
I think Albo is doing as little as possible based on the flawed assumption that this means the press will write nice things about him.

It's a common progressive trap. "Do nothing" worked in opposition so the press didn't say bad things about us, let's try it in Government.

I appreciate you're not impressed, I'm just having trouble discerning what his agenda is beyond the Voice.
Well as a disaffected Labor voter who’s voted Greens for some years now I’m not the one who can answer that, but I understand he has a policy agenda.

The Coalition now leads Labor on a two-party-preferred basis for the first time since the May 2022 election in a significant political boost for Peter Dutton as Anthony Albanese’s approval ratings fall to a new low.

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows the Coalition ahead of Labor 51-49, with an eight-month countdown to the next election.

This is the first time the Coalition has led Labor since it lost the 2022 election, cruelling the Prime Minister’s own political benchmark which he set by claiming until now that he had never lost a Newspoll.

The hits keep on coming for Slugger Albo, who is fighting well and truly out of his weight class with Dutton just waiting for the title bout to rightly claim what is his.

One term gummint.

The Coalition now leads Labor on a two-party-preferred basis for the first time since the May 2022 election in a significant political boost for Peter Dutton as Anthony Albanese’s approval ratings fall to a new low.

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows the Coalition ahead of Labor 51-49, with an eight-month countdown to the next election.

This is the first time the Coalition has led Labor since it lost the 2022 election, cruelling the Prime Minister’s own political benchmark which he set by claiming until now that he had never lost a Newspoll.

The hits keep on coming for Slugger Albo.

One term gummint.
This just suggests a minority Labor government. So not a 1 term government.

You know this.

Not a good poll for the current government, but looking at the primaries (and those of the previous newspoll), the 1 point change is probably an overbaked rounding error.

Doesn't mean it ain't close, and Mr Albanese is not travelling poorly.

Trajectory is more the problem than current position. Albanese is losing support in a slow-and-steady fashion.

They've got a budget early next year. I think that'll be make-or-break. Patting themselves on the back over surpluses is proven to not be as successful at the polling booth as middle-class or working-class welfare.

But to do that, they'd have to shred their fear of the press who will make a huge song and dance about no matter what the ALP does.

The LNP always went to middle class welfare when there's an election due, and the press would always pat them on the back. The ALP will need to do the same to win votes, but won't get the pats on the back!

Trajectory is more the problem than current position. Albanese is losing support in a slow-and-steady fashion.

They've got a budget early next year. I think that'll be make-or-break. Patting themselves on the back over surpluses is proven to not be as successful at the polling booth as middle-class or working-class welfare.

But to do that, they'd have to shred their fear of the press who will make a huge song and dance about no matter what the ALP does.

The LNP always went to middle class welfare when there's an election due, and the press would always pat them on the back. The ALP will need to do the same to win votes, but won't get the pats on the back!
There's also improving inflation numbers and likely interest rate cuts.

Of course, there won't be the headlines or media links to the Labor government like there would be if it happened under the Coalition, but it should help stem bleeding.

The theory that 'whites are subconsciously racist, it's not up for debate, we can't help ourselves' is off the charts ITT.
Self Hatred GIF by 5-Second Films

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back