Truck Rutten

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Adelaide United
I'm going to be in Sydney for the weekend and was always planning to go to the game. I have to say that my enthusiasm is being tested at the moment. If the on field results aren't hard enough to cop, the spin and rhetoric coming out of the club just adds insult to injury. But, that's for another thread, and I guess I better pull my finger out and get a ticket. Anybody else going? Which bays are likely to have any Crows supporters sitting in them? I don't mind sitting amongst Swans fans, but I'll be going by myself so thought it might be wise to have at least a smattering of sympathetic souls in the general vicinity.

I'm going over or the game too. I think there are seats with the Crows' cheer squad vacant, although I'm not sure what your chances would be if you just bought one at the gate. I got a couple of members passes so I think I'll be outnumbered...

There's pretty much only the one section that's not members.....From the southern goals ( right of screen ) , through to the flank , in front of the new stand.

Shan't be going.....not prepared to pay for 2 seats to fit my :eek:

I'm behind the Northern goals. This is the one game of the year I look forward to so I grabbed my tickets as soon as they went on sale. But I'm sure there will still be plenty available.

I'll be there. Bay 11. Dad's flying in for the match - will be a BIG weekend....

Hopefully we continue our recent domination of the Swans.

I'm in Bay 4. Dunno if the club is having a supporters function after the match but if they do I may see some of you folks there.

I'm just about to head off for a few neck oils before the game. Go us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL'd @ the three Crows fans on the boundary and the one in the middle knocks his mates beer to the ground....then offers his own to make up for it :D

Then one of them jumped the fence after the game.

Those blokes on the fence were a deadset pisser. One one of the far side HFF. Obviously been on the grog all day.

I'm about 95% certain I got my face on TV. Was 3rd row back, just round from the Swans bench.

Had the Fox Sports cameraman focussing on me as I celebrated several of Adelaide's goals in the 2nd & 4th quarters. He gave me the thumbs up after one of these celebrations, so I assume that meant they were using his feed at the time.

He also had the camera on me after Barry Hall kicked his one and only goal. Would have made for amusing TV - I was surrounded by Swans fans going off their collective nut, while I just sat there laughing at the whole situation (the goal was way too little, way too late to change the final result).

Got back late last night after a delayed flight.

Great win :thumbsu:

I was kind of at the opposite side of the ground to where the crows cheersquad, sitting in the concorse where all the new developments are happening. Anyone else sit around there? So bloody hard to hear the siren obviously the speakers still aren't connected up or something.

Lots of Crows fans around the Bay 11/12/13/14 area .. looked as though we outnumbered them! Hugs and hi-5's all round to fellow Crows fans - was awesome.

Attended the post-game function as well where they bought out Gill Knights & Maric, gotta big sloppy one from Maric.

Got a bit legless thru out the game & at the function so headed out afterwards to celebrate the win. Great way to bring up my first interstate victory :thumbsu:

Great game to see live. First time I have been to the SCG and wow, what a sh*thole. Makes AAMI stadium look like one big Corporate Box.

Great atmosphere and heaps of support for the Crowies. Always special to see us win interstate.

Just one thing. Craigy we know how you're always banging on about the picture of the AFC the supporters are supposed to be building, doesn't that also apply to the AFC coach. I don't expect you to assist in the delivery of my first born or attend graduation day, but would it hurt to at least acknowledge the AFC supporters who have paid hundreds of dollars and travelled thousands of miles to watch their team. Not expecting a hand stand but just a small nod of acknowledgement would have been nice.:thumbsu:

You're losing us Craigy.

Got back late last night after a delayed flight.

Great win :thumbsu:

I was kind of at the opposite side of the ground to where the crows cheersquad, sitting in the concorse where all the new developments are happening. Anyone else sit around there? So bloody hard to hear the siren obviously the speakers still aren't connected up or something.

Lots of Crows fans around the Bay 11/12/13/14 area .. looked as though we outnumbered them! Hugs and hi-5's all round to fellow Crows fans - was awesome.

Attended the post-game function as well where they bought out Gill Knights & Maric, gotta big sloppy one from Maric.

Got a bit legless thru out the game & at the function so headed out afterwards to celebrate the win. Great way to bring up my first interstate victory :thumbsu:

It was a great atmosphere. Most of the Crows supporters seemed to be in party mode. It always amazes me how much support we get interstate and how loud it is compared to AAMI.

It must have been an amazing feeling being at the MCG to see us win the 97/98 GF's.

Great game to see live. First time I have been to the SCG and wow, what a sh*thole. Makes AAMI stadium look like one big Corporate Box.

Great atmosphere and heaps of support for the Crowies. Always special to see us win interstate.

Just one thing. Craigy we know how you're always banging on about the picture of the AFC the supporters are supposed to be building, doesn't that also apply to the AFC coach. I don't expect you to assist in the delivery of my first born or attend graduation day, but would it hurt to at least acknowledge the AFC supporters who have paid hundreds of dollars and travelled thousands of miles to watch their team. Not expecting a hand stand but just a small nod of acknowledgement would have been nice.:thumbsu:

You're losing us Craigy.

Whenever Crows play in Brisbane, Craig ALWAYS acknowledges the supporters that have come up for the game. In fact he goes out of his way to do that. In fact every player that we interview says exactly the same thing. They always comment on the support they receive and how much it helps them. Can't imagine it would be any different in Sydney.

Thanks to Punchy Bassett (many thanks for his efforts), I can now confirm that I received my 3 seconds of fame on Saturday night.

If anyone's interested (and you're probably not), they had a good close-up of me celebrating Porplyzia's 2nd goal (Crows' 7th overall), with 3:15 remaining on the clock in the 2nd quarter.

If anyone wants to look it up, I'm the ugly mug swinging his Crows scarf around his head Kevin Sheedy style.

I'm fairly sure it would have only appeared on the Foxtel feed, falling victim to an ad break on Ch Teen's broadcasts into Adelaide & Sydney.

Feel free to look it up, but please do NOT post screen captures of it here on BigFooty. I know how much angst Crows98 has gone through after enjoying his moment of fame and I have no desire to suffer the same consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody going to the game vs Sydney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back