Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Renshaw could do ok, burns could do ok, Maxwell and even mitch marsh could do ok but I wouldn't back a single one of them to save us this summer.

We were an average side who operated around the players who are banned, there is no fix out there.
I still would have preferred Burns to get another chance over Finch.

Renshaw could do ok, burns could do ok, Maxwell and even mitch marsh could do ok but I wouldn't back a single one of them to save us this summer.

Are you just naming these names because they're not in the current team and therefore haven't had a chance to make a fool of themselves like the personnel who are already in?

thats the problem, the cupboard is bare.

Wade for me if pushed. I doubt we'll see changes though. Surely once you've decided this is our best top 6 then you gotta back them in.
It would be pathetic from the selectors if they changed the side. Been a competitive test, have to back the side you selected for at least 2 tests otherwise the blokes coming in will know perform or you are gone in one test/inning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Isn't it gold coin entry for the final day of all four Tests?
Quick google confirms it is. Been bugger all publicity about it, guess that happens when there’s no free to air coverage of ODI and T20i.

All that’s promoted on 7 is wbbl and bbl.

What are we, Bangladesh?

We shouldn't be happy at merely creating chances in a test match.
He said we will get swept in the series. This game has been a good test match. We are still a chance if we get a decent partnership here. I don't walk away from this match thinking it's a 4-0 whitewash

Are you just naming these names because they're not in the current team and therefore haven't had a chance to make a fool of themselves like the personnel who are already in?

They are the ones who have made test runs in the past, you could throw wade in as well but he would just be in the same boat he might do ok he isn't good enough to fix this mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are we, Bangladesh?

We shouldn't be happy at merely creating chances in a test match.
He said we will get swept in the series. This game has been a good test match. We are still a chance if we get a decent partnership here. I don't walk away from this match thinking it's a 4-0 whitewash

Pitch is looking fine for batting, if we can just keep knocking it around for singles for the remainder we should win this. No thanks to Khawaja.

I think much better Aussie sides than this would fail to chase 300+ here, this innings won't be the issue though it's needing the tail to just scratch out 230 day two at Adelaide that decided this match.

It must be my memory that's bad. I seem to recall he didn't become much of a red ball bowler until after that WC. Was a very good white ball bowler and waste of space red ball bowler. Then came good, but still probe to wasting a few overs here and there.

edit: Doing that twice is ugly.

He's always been inconsistent, it's what you get with him. The odd great ball that keeps him in the wickets.

Haze can be prone to bowling poorly from time to time but he's far more likely to keep the batsmen honest than Starc.

Disagree with Gideon Haigh saying the ball could have gone anywhere with his first dismissal, and it seems it was because he's Shaun Marsh that it ended up a catch. Completely ignoring the fact he tried to hoik the ball like three times and couldn't get bat on it in that innings, and he's had a historically bad run of non-existent scores.

You simply can not describe him as unlucky, or even imply that luck has anything to do with it, at this point.

I think he's been unlucky as regards injury but in little else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back