Australia vs India First Test - Adelaide Oval - Dec 9 - Dec 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup, it always amuses me that for how well he did in the first innings, his complete and utter unwillingness to score runs at even a semi respectable rate in the 2nd innings gave Aus a sniff. As soon as they shut up shop, they lost the game.
Yep, I remember having a big argument with a Pommy guy at work over this. I said Collingwood pretty much cost them the match, he wasn't having a bar of it.

This guy had been pretty cocky the first few days of the match (and fair enough too the way it was going), then after they screwed it up on day 5 he was so annoyed he went for a run to work off the tension and got bowled over by a 6 foot kangaroo that suddenly leapt out of the bush near Joondalup. I laughed.

Yep, I remember having a big argument with a Pommy guy at work over this. I said Collingwood pretty much cost them the match, he wasn't having a bar of it.

This guy had been pretty cocky the first few days of the match (and fair enough too the way it was going), then after they screwed it up on day 5 he was so annoyed he went for a run to work off the tension and got bowled over by a 6 foot kangaroo that suddenly leapt out of the bush near Joondalup. I laughed.

Surely not!

Yeah the Poms were broken after that match, was truly a beautiful thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, at the start of the day they still believed they could win the series. End of that day it was all over.

I never thought a team could look as mentally stuffed as that one did by the time they reached Sydney. Was just a procession at the SCG.

And then another England team stepped up to take the mantle for least interested in making a contest in the 4th innings.

Yup, I had a pretty similar argument. You could see it unfolding, but I suspect to this day he still reckons that it wasn't down to the slowness of the batting (his argument was something like "if he tries to score more quickly, he'll get out too" - forgetting that the slowness of the batting was causing the pressure to mount and those around Collingwood to struggle - the decimation was mightily amusing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back