Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, go back to draft threads. Go back through the crap you have said in this thread regarding stringer. And seriously, you want to question grammar after that sentence?
I have. I said he was absolutely terrible, then I said he needs to come out breathing fire next week. Never called for him to be dropped.

Also I've been amongst the most supportive posters in each one of our drafts and a huge fan of Dalrymple. The **** are you on about?

Yes it is still hurting that result but as TMoney22 mentions will be better for it. We have a lot of upside and big opportunities the next few weeks to really stamp our authority on the comp. Caleb is a gem and Adams will be a great defender.

Easy folks, emotions are high, and not every post is a personal attack on anyone, but perhaps just venting. which is good. VENTING IS GOOD...
But TLU....have...have I been disparaging to new draftees? Of all the criticisms you could level at me. Annoying? Yep. Overzealous? Yep. Tries to hard to get a laugh? Totally. Opinionated? **** yeah! But unsupportive?
I'm seriously having an out-of- body experience here.

Last edited:
Yes it is still hurting that result but as TMoney22 mentions will be better for it. We have a lot of upside and big opportunities the next few weeks to really stamp our authority on the comp.

This here is the key. Next 2 weeks is Carlton and Brisbane at Etihad. Some real roadkill. But if the boys spend the week thinking about today, Carlton will pull our pants down, and we will regret it for the rest of the year.

What we need to do is to not throw away these opportunities - lick our wounds and bank the 8 points with no fuss, preferrably without getting into bad habits again. And then bring the 2nd quarter play to North on Friday night in Rd 6. And the Crows at Etihad in Rd 7.

Those will be two of our key games for the year. If we are 6-1 at the end of them we'll be set up nicely for the 8 and a realistic chance of Top 4.

What's done is done. The next 4 weeks sets up our season.

But TLU....have...have I been disparaging to new draftees? Of all the criticisms you could level at me. Annoying? Yep. Overzealous? Yep. Tries to hard to get a laugh? Totally. Opinionated? **** yeah! But unsupportive?
I'm seriously having an outer body experience here.
No... in fact it sound like you just listed everything i am... you taking the piss?!

Unsupportive no, not even close. I think it was more a case of emotions and nerves and it reads a bit like he may have merged your post with a couple others, or read it out of context, or filled in between the lines. There was a "ill spew" post earlier also, 2 of them i think. Doggies is upset, so are we all. Losing murphy has me pacing the house at 1 am... in the dark. I might put some lippy on soon and check my little red book. Been a hard day.

No... in fact it sound like you just listed everything i am... you taking the piss?!

Unsupportive no, not even close. I think it was more a case of emotions and nerves and it reads a bit like he may have merged your post with a couple others, or read it out of context, or filled in between the lines. There was a "ill spew" post earlier also, 2 of them i think. Doggies is upset, so are we all. Losing murphy has me pacing the house at 1 am... in the dark. I might put some lippy on soon and check my little red book. Been a hard day.

I hear you. I am so restless. I am meant to be working, but I am just sitting here listlessly refreshing bigfooty.

It's so empty. Imagine what the boys must be feeling.

I hear you. I am so restless. I am meant to be working, but I am just sitting here listlessly refreshing bigfooty.

It's so empty. Imagine what the boys must be feeling.
I reckon a few of them might still be awake too. ****en football man, nightmare end to such a big week.

Cheers mate. Elicited my first smile since Murphy went down.
At the gym trying to lift the frustration out.

How's the old man?

Cheers mate. Elicited my first smile since Murphy went down.
At the gym trying to lift the frustration out.

How's the old man?
He is going great, he left the room several times during the game, then jumped in to play some facebook games at certain times to remain calm. He didn't speak after Murphy went down, other then to smile and say, "could we put him in the side for 5 games against the weaker teams?"

He knew straight away. had my cousin, a doggie, and my god brother and brother in law over, both hawkers. we were going off all game. not a sound was heard when hawks won. Totally robbed them of their glory, both called it a shit day.

I'm angry & depressed about Murphs injury
Why I'm depressed about it is obvious..but I am mad at the crowd & he was getting booed when clutching his leg in pain & he ends up been assisted off

If that was Hodge he would have been called brave & a champion by the commentars at least 2-3 times on his way to the bench . ughh

Murphy you are a champion to & I hope like hell that you can return..

Why I'm depressed about it is obvious..but I am mad at the crowd & he was getting booed when clutching his leg in pain & he ends up been assisted off

If that was Hodge he would have been called brave & a champion by the commentars at least 2-3 times on his way to the bench . ughh

It will be all about him this week, i have no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a positive note, I read that Daniel played on Mitchell for over half the game. Is that true?

If so, and he was one of our best, then that is a mighty achievement.

Not only is it true, but he was at his best when on Mitchell. And to a reasonable extent he shut Mitchell down. It was extremely impressive.

My Ode to Bob
My mind is racing just staring at the ceiling.
Thinking how the other lads must be feeling.
In the blink of an eye, could it be the end.
If only I could turn back time, my dear friend.

So cruel footy can be, it's a game of inches and seconds.
Success is calling, and history beckons.
The leader of men, a shining light
When our club was down, you were always ready to fight

It won't be the same if you don't come back
Who will lead from the front when we counter attack.
Oh our Bob how you were leading us to glory.
Let's hope there is still a happy ending to this story.
Go Dogs!

Uh wtf? You do know they were booing the hawks to put him off on getting a goal? You have rocks in your head if you think it was towards Bob.

Also, one thing that I noticed: The timer kept going down on the game, however hawks got over 30 seconds to prepare for his run up? Annoyed me a little....

Just sitting here watching it for the second time.

Seriously. Which of you blokes has been rooting razors wife again? He sharpened the axe he has to grind all over us in the first :eek:

:mad:
Razor Ray shouldn't get a senior umpiring gig again. He was woeful

Disappointed we couldn't hang on to that lead yesterday, all of that hard work in the third was just wasted in the the fourth quarter.

We still have a way to go, we played at Ethiad not the MCG, they were without a couple of stars in Hodge and Roughead.

Still, we are a much younger side, with a lot more development potential, so many kids did stand up yesterday including Boyd who was massive in that last quarter. Getting Dicko back will be a relief, and take the pressure off Jakey who is missing Cram.

I seriously believe we will be the next dynasty.

Disappointed we couldn't hang on to that lead yesterday, all of that hard work in the third was just wasted in the the fourth quarter.

We still have a way to go, we played at Ethiad not the MCG, they were without a couple of stars in Hodge and Roughead.

Still, we are a much younger side, with a lot more development potential, so many kids did stand up yesterday including Boyd who was massive in that last quarter. Getting Dicko back will be a relief, and take the pressure off Jakey who is missing Cram.

I seriously believe we will be the next dynasty.
Agreed. But we also had some stars like Dixon and Wood out.

It was a shattering game at the end of the day, but we should all be proud that we came within 3 points (I take it as both teams won) of winning, to a tough and brutal side. It's not like Hawthorn played shit which is why we got close to them.

You won't get too many matches were your so close to winning against the Hawks when they are playing in their top form.

It would of been good to have Wood in the defence, as he would of given the others confidence to go forward. Players were too nervous in the 1st qtr, and thats what helped Hawthorn at the end of the day

I'm seriously having an outer body experience here.

Out-of-body experience - see? Your grammar's shocking ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back