Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont have much to say about that. ****ing **** campaigner shit **** campaigner.

Just absolutely shattering. Not only do we lose an absolutely huge amount on field but its the sort of thing that can just derail ****ing everything. The boys would be emotionally shattered right now.

Cant really believe some of the shit Ive read in here. Yes we should have won and yes its fantastic we've got higher expectations now but seriously, this young, developing team just took it up to the reigning 3 time champs ffs

couldnt give a **** about the result anymore, im just ****ing flat

Last edited:

This is what I conclude:
Hawthorn will win their 4th flag in a row. We pretty much threw everything at them and they still won. The Hawks were able to identify their 2 biggest threats> Stringer and JJ and completely shut out their influence. Our kicking skills are still a long way behind the Hawks particularly when kicking long to a contest in the forward line. We more than matched them in all stats but still couldn't get the result. The Murphy injury adds salt into the wound and to think he will never get to 300 games is almost unbearable.

And why does a knee injury end Bobs career??

No doubt he was going around again next year so I see nothing changing thy no matter how bad his knee is
I really hope he thinks like you but the less we hear about it the worse it will be

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This is what I conclude:
Hawthorn will win their 4th flag in a row. We pretty much threw everything at them and they still won. The Hawks were able to identify their 2 biggest threats> Stringer and JJ and completely shut out their influence. Our kicking skills are still a long way behind the Hawks particularly when kicking long to a contest in the forward line. We more than matched them in all stats but still couldn't get the result. The Murphy injury adds salt into the wound and to think he will never get to 300 games is almost unbearable.

I agree with this.

They're just too damn good when it matters Hawthorn. Clarkson is just unbelievable. Best coach I've ever seen.

I actually wouldn't begrudge them a fourth flag, they deserve it.

But now we have to win it for Bob. So the players will wear Bob armbands every game, break from every huddle saying "for Bob" and then they'll make a movie about when we win the grand final.

And maybe Bobs knee will come and make an inspirational speech at three quarter time at the granny :D

"Its knee'ds to be a do or die effort. You knee'd to show me all the guts and determination in your body. You knee'd to inspire me with this last quarter finish. You've been in front all day and you knee'd to stay there"

........Too soon......... :thumbsdown: :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I conclude:

I conclude we almost beat a side who won the last 3 flags without 3 of our top 4 goal kickers from last year not playing (Dickson and Redpath will be back at some stage) plus our best and fairest winner was a late out

Bob will be impossible to replace but Adelaide are going ok without Dangerfield

We will still be ok all it means is that Morris needs to play for 3 more years to make up for Murfs loss

Wow even I'm not that negative.........

Stringer was poor but he was beaten on the day. But didn't once have a decent pass hit him up and all he had was bombs on his head.

The Hawks are never weakened so that's no excuse we had Wood Cramers and Dicko out that's as much as they had
Stratton played bloody well on Stringer. Mitchell rated him as their best player and said he should get the three brownlow votes.
Stratton was the lowest rated FA player for the Hawks.
Bev and Stringer will learn from this, i'm sure. Worth losing this if we learn. Bob's a different matter.

This is what I conclude:

Nah. F*** them. If Razor Ray hadn't gifted them the first quarter and if we had one more experienced player up forward we would have won.

We should improve with every game as our young team gets more experienced but time will catch these Hawks at some point.

Winter is coming for the Hawks and it smells like a stalking pack of hounds in the night...

Go Dogs

We all know the players Hawthorn had out today. Hodge and Roughead were huge outs. But the fact we played without Dickson and Wood, and played how we did was amazing. We gave Hawthorn everything we had. And if a couple of things went our way, such as some umpiring decisions in the first quarter, a lucky bounce or two, we would of won it.

Why do the majority of our fans always have to see the negative side of things?
Why can't today be our season defining moment and see us do a Geelong of 2007 ? We lose murphy which hurts, but how handy is the Adcock signing looking right now? He's ready to go right now !

FFS! Give this team another chance before we right them off! I believe in this team!

You would not expect to win as a Bulldog supporter when you
have Marcus Bontempelli and Jake Stringer in the bottom five
scorers in AFL fantasy competition so in that respect it was a
performance of great merit. I liked Joel Hamling coming in, but
Easton Wood would have been an ideal match up for young
Sicily. In saying that i hope they stay with Hamling and stop
dumbing down the tall guys disposal, it annoys me greatly.

This is what I conclude:
If the afl want to keep footy boring (and i hope you are reading this afl) then the Hawks will win another flag (yawn). My bet is the swans will win and we will win one in the next few years. But the afl can't afford the big clubs losing so often, so once we've won one that will be it for another 100 years.
Shame the game is so orchestrated now. ....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hopefully the players will learn a lot from that loss, unfortunately it felt really similar to the Adelaide finals loss last year, should have put more scoreboard pressure on when we had the momentum, then failed to stop easy goals when we lost it. I don't know why we pressed so far up the ground when we were winning and left an open hawthorn forward line. We still need more composure, hopefully that will come with experience because I am tired of losing games we should have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back