Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

bog

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ryan and miller will do a good job in the ruck , no problem

The different teams have different strategies.
Melbourne has a two-ruck strategy.
Collingwood has a zero, "non-entity", ruck.
I guess we have to do the latter, bring in a "negating" ruck and an extra mid.
Collingwood has an extra mid clearance player, in lieu of its ruck shortfall.
Cotchin must play prominently.
Maybe Junior Rioli as a sub to bring on extra forward pace towards the end.
Ryan plays well at AO, scored three goals.
Obviously JR returns.
Is Collingwood not mirroring imaging Richmonds Game Plan ? We used Grigg for the same reason in the ruck ! Mcraes influence

Autopsy not just on this game but so far this season.

Coaches game plan appears to be lacking adjustment for conditions such as wet what happened to plan B & C etc they have not adjusted even during recent times being successful we were never strong in midfield. They recruit Teranto , Hopper to address this only to be pumbled by dogs. How?

Is it luck or good management regarding injuries, one strengthening coach goes likely due to money as he’s been identified as being good so he is replaced with another and it goes pear shape. So luck or good management?

Few days after the fact now… I’m strangely still pretty optimistic.

We’re just not that far off the pace.. one things for sure we are definitely not a wet weather side anymore. Minnimum 5 goal better side in the dry.

We just have to scrape and scrounge and scrap and get 6/6 over the next 12 and then launch and play our best footy in finals. Our best is still absolutely as good as anyone’s.

We’re the only team that can win it from outside the top 4.

Enjoy the ride guys it’s gonna have ups downs and be exciting. I think we will find 1 or 2 gems along the way as well.

While Nank and Soldo are both out, I like the idea of not having a "first ruck" as such, and just having Miller ruck the back half and Ryan ruck the forward half. Miller can take most centre bounces so Ryan can be the tall target if we win the clearance, with our mids setting up to shark the tap off the oppo ruck.

While Nank and Soldo are both out, I like the idea of not having a "first ruck" as such, and just having Miller ruck the back half and Ryan ruck the forward half. Miller can take most centre bounces so Ryan can be the tall target if we win the clearance, with our mids setting up to shark the tap off the oppo ruck.
Thats exactly what i would be doing with slight changes occasionally just to mix it up

Have Pickett go up sometimes and balta

Did you also say it in 2014? 2015? 2016? Everyones an expert eh. Honestly do you think it's not worth taking another punt when we still have these champs on the list? It's not like we've also just ignored the draft. We have also hot the draft hard.

You and plenty of other supporters here need to chill. Your obsession with not being good enough is literally what doomed Richmond to decades of mediocrity. If you were in charge we would've rebuilt before the 2017 flag. Like you've been saying since 2021 we should rebuild. We won a flag in 2020 lmao.

Facts are full rebuilds take half a decade and it's generally unlikely the first one will succeed.

I definitely never said we were going to win a flag in 2014,15, 16. I said we would make finals & thats about it.

It's not a matter of "everyone being an expert". Its about seeing it how YOU see it & not just sheeping those opinions around you all the time.

I need to chill? Dude i haven't posted here barely all pre-season, while others here have whopped it up saying we are gonna be top 4 etc. Instead i sat back while others made massive claims, waited for the actual season to start - then commented based on what i SAW. Im pretty calm about our mid-table expectations. I would say expecting to be "Mid-table" is a pretty calm expectation. Where we are at right now seems like a shock to everyone else except me:huh:

Last edited:
OK im going to bite .................

What aspects about HRS game indicates he would be a good FF ?
Hugo's main asset is his tank and running ability

I think the aim of that move is to try something left field that will totally change our structure and leave our opponents, flatfooted or stuck with "mis-matches".

Having someone who has a "busy" attitude at Full Forward would be a nice change. Someone whose natural instinct is to move, chase. R/S does appear to have decent speed and and a decent set of hands on him. I certainly think there are worse idea's out there than playing an "unknown" forwardline with lots of run in it to hopefully cause match-up headache etc

I think the aim of that move is to try something left field that will totally change our structure and leave our opponents, flatfooted or stuck with "mis-matches".

Having someone who has a "busy" attitude at Full Forward would be a nice change. Someone whose natural instinct is to move, chase. R/S does appear to have decent speed and and a decent set of hands on him. I certainly think there are worse idea's out there than playing an "unknown" forwardline with lots of run in it to hopefully cause match-up headache etc
Ohh i see

Maybe we should just try leaving the players in their positions on the ground for every quarter so the backs get to play foward and fowards get to be defenders for 2 quarters a game.

Smart thinking

Ohh wait lets get Baker to Ruck this week now that will really make the swans flat footed
now thats a mis-match for you

You are not done, you are conservative where you think AFL is a block building exercise.

In 2017 it was not about conservative forward lines.

At the moment our team is having trouble connecting to our forward line it appears. Why?? Plenty of players go back to to defend with not enough options forward in transition. HRS can fix this.

HRS would not be playing traditional FF. We are not about tradition. We are about winning premierships which means kicking a big score and stopping the opposition kick their score.

Hugo Ralphsmith template would be to run all over the forward half starting from FF. Be a option, be a option in space, be a interconnector. Be that option in space, run your defender ragged. If you can kick the goal, take the shot. If a teammate is in clear space in a better position kick it to him. Other than that it is his palate.

We need more run in our forward line from players that can mark, get ground ball and kick goals

We need more options and pathways than kick it to tall forward and chase the crumb, besides, JR and Ryan can do their thing anyway

Cumberland, Bolton, Martin …. the last thing we need this week is a mid-sized forward…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cumberland, Bolton, Martin …. the last thing we need this week is a mid-sized forward…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, Cumberland is a small forward, as is Bolton and Martin, and aging hybrid forward. We need a guy that can run and create space in the forward half, that provides options and can kick long goals as well as move it on with depth for maximum impact. Help Dusty and the talls, HRS could be perfect.

Cumberland instantly made the forward line better with his inclusion. HRS can improve it again

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh i see

Maybe we should just try leaving the players in their positions on the ground for every quarter so the backs get to play foward and fowards get to be defenders for 2 quarters a game.

Smart thinking

Ohh wait lets get Baker to Ruck this week now that will really make the swans flat footed
now thats a mis-match for you

How did that work out?

I'm all for leaving players in positions. Look at Balta. Was on target to be a regular AA level FB. Moved him forward for some dumb shit reason & now the guy looks like he doesn;t know his left from right. But when you have a spat of injuries that mean your structure is rooted, you might as well experiment a bit.

People kinda forget. We won a flag once with 1 mid-sized tall forward Jack and a bunch of kids who were under 21. No one picked us to win a flag with that forwardline - but we did, because we caught everyone out with something fresh...... so yeah, kinda worked out alright before....

Team looked like the same busted ass shit we have seen for 2years quite frankly. Broken mentally, lack team togetherness. Watching them has become a fairly unenjoyable 2 hours to be honest. The team themselves look bored at times, its the only way i can explain their constant silly free kicks, 50m penalties etc - its generally what people do when they are bored and frustrated.

The only brightside to this week was how many kids played & the brightspots they created. Maybe we should just do more of that moving forard. Because this ship has ****ing sailed mate. We haven't contended for 3 years - its over.

Rebuild & Experiment. Jack & Trent are basically onfield development coaches now. Time to be brave and commit to starting over.

Last edited:
How did that work out?

I'm all for leaving players in positions. Look at Balta. Was on target to be a regular AA level FB. Moved him forward for some dumb s**t reason & now the guy looks like he doesn;t know his left from right. But when you have a spat of injuries that mean your structure is rooted, you might as well experiment a bit.

People kinda forget. We won a flag once with 1 mid-sized tall forward Jack and a bunch of kids who were under 21. No one picked us to win a flag with that forwardline - but we did, because we caught everyone out with something fresh...... so yeah, kinda worked out alright before....

Team looked like the same busted ass s**t we have seen for 2years quite frankly. Broken mentally, lack team togetherness. Watching them has become a fairly unenjoyable 2 hours to be honest. The team themselves look bored at times, its the only way i can explain their constant silly free kicks, 50m penalties etc - its generally what people do when they are bored and frustrated.

The only brightside to this week was how many kids played & the brightspots they created. Maybe we should just do more of that moving forard. Because this ship has ******* sailed mate. We haven't contended for 3 years - its over.

Rebuild & Experiment. Jack & Trent are basically onfield development coaches now. Time to be brave and commit to starting over.
What the hell are you rambling on about ?
Seriously you need a doctor

What the hell are you rambling on about ?
Seriously you need a doctor

Ah yes - the r2r get out of jail free card

Can't argue your point with facts - go for a personal attack while making light of mental health. Just because you haven't got an answer, doesn't mean i am ill. It just might mean you know a lot less than you act.

Watching this team just get older and worse is a ****ing boring trip for me. Its no fun. We are not winning a flag folks. I get some of you LOVE the success, but it was over as soon as the 2020 GF siren sounded. That is not opinion. Its fact.

So a breakdown of my points for simpletons....

-The only positive from this weeks match for me was we named a bunch of kids who all got to play another game to get closer to 50 games. Its a shame it was done due to injury & not because the club is moving forward in that direction, but nevertheless - it happened and that was positive.

- We once won a GF with only 1 bloke who as 195cm and a bunch of short people because we trusted in our youth and made an imaginative gameplan instead of just rolling out the same ol shit .

simple enough?

Ah yes - the r2r get out of jail free card

Can't argue your point with facts - go for a personal attack while making light of mental health. Just because you haven't got an answer, doesn't mean i am ill. It just might mean you know a lot less than you act.

Watching this team just get older and worse is a ******* boring trip for me. Its no fun. We are not winning a flag folks. I get some of you LOVE the success, but it was over as soon as the 2020 GF siren sounded. That is not opinion. Its fact.

So a breakdown of my points for simpletons....

-The only positive from this weeks match for me was we named a bunch of kids who all got to play another game to get closer to 50 games. Its a shame it was done due to injury & not because the club is moving forward in that direction, but nevertheless - it happened and that was positive.

- We once won a GF with only 1 bloke who as 195cm and a bunch of short people because we trusted in our youth and made an imaginative gameplan instead of just rolling out the same ol s**t .

simple enough?
The stupidity of your posts are not worth arguing with to be honest , It really is boring trying to explain something to you when i just know that you have no ability to comprehend and just write essays that go on a tangent about sh!t that had nothing to do with what the topic really is about.

As i said stealing oxygen should be against the law so we dont have to put up with the rubbish you post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

Back