Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

bog

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

7 played with under 20 games experience plus 2 first rounders in Gibcus & Browne out injured ! I think the mini rebuild was on show today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd be factoring in Brown any time soon.

Was a strange pick at the time. Still strange now.

7c797bda-f270-47b4-8ef9-1a5cd3cb5925-gif.756564
Close

Never like copping a loss, but not too disappointed with today's events, there was plenty to like about the performance.

Clearly we lost the game in the midfield again, with the same worrying trend of dominating hit-outs and getting smashed in quality clearances. Dimma did warn us at the beginning of the season that it would take 5-6 weeks for the new midfield unit to start properly gelling together, so I'm happy to be patient, but at the same time, to be blunt, there doesn't seem to be a lot of improvement week to week on what we got wrong the week before.

Defense stood up well today considering and there was some really exciting ball movement at times in that 2Q. Lots to like about the games of our young up and coming runners in Clarke and Ralphsmith, thought both had some excellent moments and I'm really looking forward to seeing how much they can impact games when they have that full senior game day tank. Sonsie showed glimpses of class as he always does, Young was really solid overall and looks to have the right attributes for a modern day FB, not unhappy that he looks like perhaps getting a good block of games in with Tarrant in doubt.

Cumbo had one of those days where most things he touched turned to mud, but he won't have many games like that, he did some useful things and I liked how he really stuck at it still trying to take the game on. He may well have the least raw talent of the newer players, but Nige was really useful today, covered a stack of territory and is building into that thankless defensive forward role really well considering he's only a handful of games in.

Perhaps most pleasing about today was the one-touch, ominous form of Dusty. I honestly can't remember him handling the ball so cleanly for a long time, he was back to being near-unstoppable 1:1, we haven't seen this Dusty in a couple of years and it's bloody exciting.

Gonna be a ton of interesting discussions re. the midfield within the group this week, particularly seeing the easiest way to beat the Swans ATM is to get hold of Ladhams and Amartey in the ruck and dominate first use.

Looking forward to the next fortnight, good opportunity to set up the season before our draw opens up and gets quite a bit easier. We'll get the Swans without Hickey and Melbourne without Gawn, it's time to turn things around and get this shiny new midfield working to our advantage.

Go Tigers! :thumbsu::richmond:

Not wishing to kick them when they’re down..:But Swans are very beatable, on a track we don’t mind…That’s the sort of season it is…Hang in there Tigers…👊

Time to face facts. The side is a shadow of its former self. Can't win many games playing that Harlem globetrotter bullshit.

Liked Ralphsmith today albeit a few turnovers, but not on his own there.

Ryan won't make it.

How on earth do we get smashed in turnovers every week despite picking up blokes who are supposed to win it at the coal face?

Could be some hurt coming at the end of this year if JR, Cotch, Grimes and Tarrant all give it away.

Yes, umpiring was s**t, but it always is. They used to dig in despite that s**t.

Don't see the point playing Martin deep if we can't win the ball. No point.

Next 2 weeks could be real ugly and almost season done if both losses, which, on current form, you would say is a fati acompli

Changes

Out: Graham, Ryan

In: Miller and one of Ross or Banks I reckon.

Ryan is 206cm. He has played 4 games of footy. 3 of them have been in the wet. The single dry game he has played he kicked 3 goals. Way too early to be stamping his papers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Next two weeks are pretty big. Maybe, just maybe, the umps might not be so biased against us in at least one of those games.

Was just having a bit of a back and forth argument with a few gloating Bullies fans on another thread. They weren't at all happy to be referred to the following stats. Fair dinkum, if we'd been loved by the umps as they have, we'd have won the last 6 flags!!!

Who is our clearance coach? They're garbage whoever it is.

A shithouse side like Gold Coast is the 2nd team in the comp for clearances, even today without Witts they smashed the saints in clearance numbers. Yet we get Taranto and Hopper in to go with Prestia, Cotchin, Bolton and Dusty and were still s**t at it.

Has to be coaching.
I don't think it was the clearance smashing that lost us the game. We typically score more from turnover anyway.

Our biggest problem at the moment is our lack of connection. We constantly turn the ball over.

I don't think it was the clearance smashing that lost us the game. We typically score more from turnover anyway.

Our biggest problem at the moment is our lack of connection. We constantly turn the ball over.
It certainly helped dogs win the game. The whole point of getting TT and JH was because we were poor at turnover and wanted to add another dimension.

100% correct

Here’s a list of our losses from R11 2022 :

6-points
3-points
2-points
4-points
2-points
14-points
5-points

So Dimma is not the man, despite our last 7 x losses totalling 36-points?

We play most weeks with an umpiring hand tied behind our backs. And this week Dogs were full strength minus just Weightman. We were missing Short, Broad, Tarrant/Gibcus and lost Graham before half time. Then the rain came and we couldn’t sub off one of our talls.

We are that friggin close it’s not funny, we just can never seem to get the rub of the green with
anything whether it be non-50’s, the ARC, umpiring, injuries in-game etc…

Seriously .., when is the last time you can recall a genuine little run of luck going our way… just never seems to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what those were for, but if it makes you feel better, they missed the obvious one to Hannan when he was tackled by the legs in the goal square, which cost us a sure goal. Balances things out if either of Naughton or McComb’s frees weren’t there

Dogs got 5-6 x goals from frees (inc 50m penalty to Macrae when Graham ‘might’ have gone over the mark by 17cm …. seriously, why inject yourself into the game and give a goal at that moment?) We got none that I can recall.

It wasn’t the only reason Dogs won, but a bunch of non-existent and/or very soft frees in front of goal is pretty influential when the oppo gets none in return.

Prestia ,Taranto and Hooper we're supposed to fix our clearances utter crap today.

Prestia has been awful all season so far. Big reason for the current record. Was nearly our most important last year. It's not just less involved but he's also been fumbly and disposal has been poor

Here’s a list of our losses from R11 2022 :

6-points
3-points
2-points
4-points
2-points
14-points
5-points

So Dimma is not the man, despite our last 7 x losses totalling 36-points?

We play most weeks with an umpiring hand tied behind our backs. And this week Dogs were full strength minus just Weightman. We were missing Short, Broad, Tarrant/Gibcus and lost Graham before half time. Then the rain came and we couldn’t sub off one of our talls.

We are that friggin close it’s not funny, we just can never seem to get the rub of the green with
anything whether it be non-50’s, the ARC, umpiring, injuries in-game etc…

Seriously .., when is the last time you can recall a genuine little run of luck going our way… just never seems to happen.

We're not close cos their skills are shit. Balance seems out also. Descent teams have our measure

I think we (i) need to accept that we are no longer a threat and have lost that hunger and desperation that made us a dynasty team.

We play our best football in small patches in yesteryear we sustained that brand for 3 even 4 qtrs.

It's frustrating that we have fallen behind the pack imo this was a game we shouldn't have lost.

I still have some faith, but it's time we handover and play the kids.

Fair chance if Jack plays today and not Ryan we win. No offence to the kid as he’s promising, but he was a huge liability late in that game as he was running in quicksand and couldn’t compete.

View attachment 1653879

Embarrassing to coach a team to handball this much in the wet.

We must be a dream to coach against, we get off the leash for a quarter or so here and there but for the majority of the game we just play into the opposition’s hands.

And even worse, during the moment while being given the eye test - it looked terrible. fumbles galore

Shame Tarrrant got injured today cos Grimes needs a spell. He's been shocking.

Wasn’t Grimes on JUH who kicked zero goals… from 64 inside-50’s. Grimes has made some terrible decisions with ball in hand, but our defence were pretty good under the weight of 64 inside 50’s.

The last quarter was extremely disappointing. 3rd quarter evenish, neither team took chances. To be smashed like that in the last at home with the game on the line, thought it felt different to our other close losses. We were carried a lot by Prestia and Lynch last year, both nowhere near it at the moment. Lynch couldnt move at all after half time. Needs a rest.

Is there a point this year where we go pure youth? Lets say we're 4-1-9?

Guys like Picket, Broad, McIntosh, etc get replaced with development players? We know those three guys are at the level, but do we shut them down and go with the youth?
Could you imagine the media and general public outcry. "Tiger Tankers"
Hardwick wouldn't do it anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

Back