Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the fact that there were really good signs for us today, ultimately, it wasn’t a fair dinkum contest. The situation that resulted in our backline versus their forward line was a one in ten year occurrence. We might as well not have turned up in that department. If we had’ve had McKay and Logue, things couldn’t have been more different. The sight of Bonar getting caught between McKay and Pittonet was comic tragedy incarnate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Plainly, Dawson should have played or there's no reason to have drafted him in the first place. Good to go, played a full game in the VFL today, would've done better than Bonar as a key defender because Bonar is not a key defender, he's a midfielder who's ended up as a defender because he was useless as a midfielder.

Watched on TV, knew the members seating would be full of opposition fans when I read it was a sell out, and given some posts on here seems it was a wise call. It's not people bringing opposition in, it's that we haven't sold all the seats in the members bays so they can be purchased as general admin. Which sucks for those of us that pay $500+ for 8 games yet have to sit amongst opposition ferals on days like today.

Thought the performance had merit, umpiring was atrocious and for once we kicked the last few goals and kept it respectable.

MRP predicitons: a week off for LMac for the spoil on McKay, a week off for Zurhaar for the high fend, and nil mention of McKay sniping Sheezel. Oh and if it were one of our players that had done the wrestling move tackle on LDU that'd be a week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to take away, plenty of things to work on. Not upset in the slightest, was happy the boys kept running it out to ensure blowouts are a thing of the past. We had a lot of disadvantages to this game (not mentioning the poor umpiring), and I thought we had chances and could of certainly still won.

Lukey Mac was great today.
Chom will start clunking soon. Love his tackle efforts.
Jack is playing well right now, no doubt about it. He nearly killed Trevor Silvagni at the end, happened right in front of Dad and I. Loved it Ziebs!!!
Lost but felt almost like a win. Umpires hurt us….
Bailey feels he belongs.
Kids doing well.
A lot to like 😁

I think today also ensured that Carlton supporters have officially surpassed * supporters as the floggiest supporter group in the AFL.

Imagining not finishing Top 4 or playing a PF in over 20 years, not playing finals in nearly 10, yet carrying on like they did today over beating the undermanned wooden spooners of the last two years by a so-so margin. They literally haven't achieved anything for two decades yet act like an entitled powerhouse. It was kind of sad-not-sad. Looking forward to them playing a good team in form and getting it handed to them.

After R2 i said to a mate, its amazing how a change of coaches correlates with a significant change in our players ability to create and find easy kicks/marks.

Two rounds later, our coaches and players are giving away a bonaza of easy marks and cant seem to find very many for themselves. The honeymoon is over baby, is it ever gonna be that way again??

I think today also ensured that Carlton supporters have officially surpassed * supporters as the floggiest supporter group in the AFL.

Imagining not finishing Top 4 or playing a PF in over 20 years, not playing finals in nearly 10, yet carrying on like they did today over beating the undermanned wooden spooners of the last two years by a so-so margin. They literally haven't achieved anything for two decades yet act like an entitled powerhouse. It was kind of sad-not-sad. Looking forward to them playing a good team in form and getting it handed to them.
They always were

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back