Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve had 16 hours to digest the result and I’m still of the belief that the umpiring was the worst display to ever grace an AFL field.

I feel it’s on par with the 2015 prelim in Perth.

Both absolutely disgraceful.

I’ve had 16 hours to digest the result and I’m still of the belief that the umpiring was the worst display to ever grace an AFL field.
Of course it didn’t help no doubt but our kicking for goal was very costly the 50 50 snaps . Worst umpiring will always be the 94 Preliminary Final for us imo also the best game I have seen live we also kicked bad that day too unfortunately . We just need to take the loss on the chin , but we will get them back one day. We are getting better quite rapidly too . Carlton will be top 4 this yr imo

Yeah. A bloke who couldn't walk without support coming to the game, probably been going to North games for 70+years and spending a good chunk of his pension for memberships, but needing to leave before 49,000 streamed out all at the same time deserved to be told to "piss off" by some drunken idiots.
My father in law is in his late 80s, upgraded to get a confirmed L1 seat so he didn't have to contend with CFC rabble and found that he had more carlton supporters around him than North. He said he wasn't specifically heckled but he was annoyed by the garbage they were yelling.

I was a few bays away, near to the cheer squad. There was an obnoxious woman who didn't shut up for the entire game. She was commentating, calling out for frees every single North possession except when she was yelling "kick it to SAAD". She was most likely a guest of the two North girls beside her. Loud, obnoxious and an idiot.

Guests need to know their place and have decent manners.

Of course it didn’t help no doubt but our kicking for goal was very costly the 50 50 snaps . Worst umpiring will always be the 94 Preliminary Final for us imo also the best game I have seen live we also kicked bad that day too unfortunately . We just need to take the loss on the chin , but we will get them back one day. We are getting better quite rapidly too . Carlton will be top 4 this yr imo
The effect the umpiring has is three fold.

Carlton recieved shots at goal from point blank range AND our players begin to back off through fear of being whistled AND infringements against us are ignored.

They need to be open to criticism and be accountable. They know they’re immune and act accordingly.

No one is safe , play your part or you may come off . In saying that Big Al has said many times it is the mid age players team now. There the ones that will carry us to the silverware the older players are there for guidance but still need to play their part on game day and perform.

No one is safe , play your part or you may come off . In saying that Big Al has said many times it is the mid age players team now. There the ones that will carry us to the silverware the older players are there for guidance but still need to play their part on game day and perform.

I’m fine with this.

The effect the umpiring has is three fold.

Carlton recieved shots at goal from point blank range AND our players begin to back off through fear of being whistled AND infringements against us are ignored.

They need to be open to criticism and be accountable. They know they’re immune and act accordingly.
True , our group are not experienced enough yet to combat things not going our way ie dubious umpiring calls. We are getting better but we still struggle with it . The top teams will beat the umpires and the opposition which we often did in the 90s we were that good. Hopefully we can get there again

I don’t see the problem with this at all

We’ve gone from buy a house and get a game to buy a house and you need to work to pay it off …..AT ****ING LAST!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The effort was great and you can see what clarko is building.
Take out those ****en yellow campaigners , our bad kicking for goal , add our kpds - we win this.
Bluws aren’t going anywhere fast - mids rely on to few and they have a kpf that can’t kick a set shot.
We’ll fly past them in 12 mths time.
We are doing this while learning a new game plan - by the second half of the season I will be more cohesive.
In the past we lose that game by 80 pts
Sheez is just a gun- everything he does is so professional and looks like 200 gamer already - it’s not just the blast things but he puts he’s body on the line

LDU/ Jy led us well in the middle
Tucker looks a player
Scott is such a weapon in transition
Zurhaar has matured and is reliable and brings energy to the whole side

Curtis is struggling
Turner isn’t up to it and I think ford can be given a shot at his position.
Howe less said the better - think goater could have been given a go on the wing before getting droppped.

Small forwards are a huge need

I reckon Curtis has been struggling since that illness he got . Still doing some nice things though. We have done the hard yards and the argument that you need to get those top picks to go anywhere are starting to come to fruition. We have gone from being uncompetitive to being competitive and Clubs now need to put time into us now otherwise we will trouble them . Next year will be an even bigger improvement.

Didn’t go to the game watched the last half the third quarter umpiring was horrible that deliberate against Sheils was disgusting Stephenson’s to far geez. I remember Pagan saying he wouldn’t complain about the umpires as the players would use that as an excuse for not winning. Stuff that they were disgraceful period.

The problem is Sleevo showed indecision with what to do. That's a red flag to a bull when umpires are assessing how far a player has run. He's a beautiful finisher, should have just gone for goal as soon as he took the second bounce

Can we stop blaming umpires, yeah they were s**t but they're s**t for everyone. Just tune into any game this weekend. it was rough but in the end the Blues kicked 7 unanswered goals which was the difference. We will learn a lot from this game but people on here saying Carlton are s**t and down playing them are in effect down playing our effort.

They are a good side and killed us in 30 minutes of football.

Be proud that we played well against a top side while being undermanned. Our next stage of development is stopping good teams having a run on but that will come.

it's not about this year.

Go roos
Agree with the general sentiment but no the umpiring is not shit for everyone, Carlton did very nicely. was not a level playing field yesterday

Its an absolute indictment on the recruiting roughly almost ten years ago that we were forced to play Bonar and Corr on their own. Corr is a great player and so can Bonar with the right matchup (should be an interceptor or playing on midfield forwards). Also, Luffy (the moron that probably got home truths said to him before he left us) pretty much guaranteed we were going to be 3-4 goals down at any point due to the lack of KPDs. How do you build from that as a bottom side?

Fair dinkum absolute shameful recruiting. I don't care about the picks they got right, but the priorities should come first when we know for a fact we're gonna be in trouble later down the line. Dawson is a stopgap, but its still unknowns about how we get this sorted. I think its remarkable we managed to keep Carlton under wraps for so long before the umpires had to intervene what was going to be a close contest.

This club continually punches above its weight because the people they hired were so incompetent at their jobs. Thank goodness we have a proper football department team because it's about time we got genuine people with a track record to back up those acquisitions.

It's also fitting that no legacy has been left by the previous teams and I feel it's already happened under Clarko. That speaks volumes.

Where we were pretty stupid was just not reading the umpiring within the first. 5 minutes
3 times we got done for semi aggro and the team just has to say Hey, this is todays rules

Any one who watched the Brissy Pies game with barely a free kick with Brissy manhandling I mean the JZ 50 was not a penalty in that game
but it was in this , it was dumb that he did it
the Stepho, well long time footy follower and I haven’t seen that before, the Cunners was bad but seen plenty of that and the Z simply incompetent

sitting in the fwd pocket, you could see we ended up playing the man and the umps were onto it
curnow is a star, chom has a bit of work to do

Didn't really like the Carlton supporters in my bay either but at the end of the day, I would say there's still heaps of supporters that probably didn't go or didn't know about the seat upgrades.

Until we're on fire again, the rusted on will only show up with the others that are on the fence until we play well. That's just how it is.

Learning to read the game, momentum within games comes with experience. We are getting better but we can certainly improve in this area and hopefully we will as this group progresses. But unlike previous player groups we have a lot of high end talent and they generally come good you can have desperation but sheer talent if harnessed correctly can win you the big games at the end of the yr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back