Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Its an absolute indictment on the recruiting roughly almost ten years ago that we were forced to play Bonar and Corr on their own. Corr is a great player and so can Bonar with the right matchup (should be an interceptor or playing on midfield forwards). Also, Luffy (the moron that probably got home truths said to him before he left us) pretty much guaranteed we were going to be 3-4 goals down at any point due to the lack of KPDs. How do you build from that as a bottom side?

Fair dinkum absolute shameful recruiting. I don't care about the picks they got right, but the priorities should come first when we know for a fact we're gonna be in trouble later down the line. Dawson is a stopgap, but its still unknowns about how we get this sorted. I think its remarkable we managed to keep Carlton under wraps for so long before the umpires had to intervene what was going to be a close contest.

This club continually punches above its weight because the people they hired were so incompetent at their jobs. Thank goodness we have a proper football department team because it's about time we got genuine people with a track record to back up those acquisitions.

It's also fitting that no legacy has been left by the previous teams and I feel it's already happened under Clarko. That speaks volumes.

This and more

Its an absolute indictment on the recruiting roughly almost ten years ago that we were forced to play Bonar and Corr on their own. Corr is a great player and so can Bonar with the right matchup (should be an interceptor or playing on midfield forwards). Also, Luffy (the moron that probably got home truths said to him before he left us) pretty much guaranteed we were going to be 3-4 goals down at any point due to the lack of KPDs. How do you build from that as a bottom side?

Fair dinkum absolute shameful recruiting.
To be fair, North in successive drafts rookied Joel Tippett, used the first 3 picks in the next on Durdin, Nielson, Ed Vickers-Willis, used the 1st pick on McKay in the following draft and rookied Daw.

Even in hindsight, there was not much else available - Mitch McGovern and Harris Andrews who was an academy player anyway.

Recruitment, injuries and development haven't worked out.

Name the Bulldogs spine in the 2016 flag.

I'm OK with it. Better to have that extra 20k person gate revenue vs leaving those seats empty.
Nah mate. People dont play $600 a year to have flogs baiting them and taking the piss out of them on match day when they pay a premium to sit in those areas.
We would never ever get a leg up from Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon so why should be we accommodate them?

It sucks but it’s not the club who sells them it’s The AFL/Marvel.
Incorrect. The club releases those bays on their preference to TicketMaster and the AFL to onsell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on the carlton forum......They actually admit the umpiring helped them

Probably us for much of the game.

Like Gift
Report Start conversation
Reactions:Triniboy, RedFury, Wickzki and 2 others
Of course. I had a chin wag yesterday with a carlton supporter who was a decent and knowledgeable lad during the third. He couldn’t believe his eyes, admitted they got the swing of 5 goals of poor decisions. He also said that we look better than they did when they were on struggle street. Tipped my hat to the bloke and bought him a beer then continued throwing head butts, lefts and rights to the rest of the **** suckers

They will if the umpires keep treating them like that.

I believe that was a genuine 50/50 game if umpired fairly for both teams.
We were balls deep in that contest. I just watched the replay at the pub. **** they were kissed on the dick. They did cut us up a bit on the wings out of defence in transition but we ****ing owned the contest. Someone call 000

Can he though? Where’s the proof he can kick 3-4 goals down there. He’s strong overhead and may have caused damage that way but whether it translates to goals I would like to see explored

To me it looked like lack of Match Fitness caught up today. He worked himself hard. Better for it in the end
He kicked 3 (in a quarter?) against Melbourne I think it was playing forward a while ago.

He would have been a better option than Larkey there in the second half, as Larkey could hardly move and made it easier for his opponent. Cunners would have made the Blues defense more accountable.

Fair dinkum absolute shameful recruiting. I don't care about the picks they got right, but the priorities should come first when we know for a fact we're gonna be in trouble later down the line. Dawson is a stopgap, but its still unknowns about how we get this sorted. I think its remarkable we managed to keep Carlton under wraps for so long before the umpires had to intervene what was going to be a close contest.

This club continually punches above its weight because the people they hired were so incompetent at their jobs. Thank goodness we have a proper football department team because it's about time we got genuine people with a track record to back up those acquisitions.

It's also fitting that no legacy has been left by the previous teams and I feel it's already happened under Clarko. That speaks volumes.

What you say isn't untrue in general but there isn't a team in the league whose 3rd and 4th KPDs are going to be able to stop Curnow and McKay.

Yes but this is 2023 and all that’s happened

I’m all for it; something has to happen down there but I’d be more inclined to see Sheezel get a run down there because he is our future
It's only been 4 games but at this point Sheez is an unknown quantity as a forward at AFL level. Whereas at least there is evidence that Cunners can contribute as a forward. So I would have preferred to keep Sheez around and behind the ball where he has be tearing it up and helping to get the ball forward, and Cunners near goals.
Cunners is too good an asset to be out of the game completely, unless he was cooked or injured.

Must have been a tactical thing. Clarko mentioned Larkey got a clip to his hip early on in the game. He also said he took Cunners off because he had 0 centre clearances in 3 qtrs, which wasn't good enough.
That's not a reason to not play him forward though. Sounds like they were cutting off their nose to spite their face.

You don't take a gun like Cunners out of the game, while still leaving an injured player out there.

It's only been 4 games but at this point Sheez is an unknown quantity as a forward at AFL level. Whereas at least there is evidence that Cunners can contribute as a forward. So I would have preferred to keep Sheez around and behind the ball where he has be tearing it up and helping to get the ball forward, and Cunners near goals.
Cunners is too good an asset to be out of the game completely, unless he was cooked or injured.
Nah nah, Sheezel is a pure forward. Front n centre and doesn’t ****in miss

I’ve had 16 hours to digest the result and I’m still of the belief that the umpiring was the worst display to ever grace an AFL field.
Recency bias.

The umpiring in the 94 PF is the worst I've ever seen. 33-11.
Followed by the 2015 PF.

That's not a reason to not play him forward though. Sounds like they were cutting off their nose to spite their face.

You don't take a gun like Cunners out of the game, while still leaving an injured player out there.
I understand that, but cunners was done. He was cooked. His legs were done, the bloke needed a rest. He has put in a monumental effort the last 6 months. I completely understand why he was subbed out.

Brave call by Clarko to sub Cunners too.

That wouldn't have happened under any of the previous regimes and it was the right call. Greenwood had immediate impact.
Greenwood was good, but it wasn't the right call to sub Cunners out while leaving a clearly hampered Larkey out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back