Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

I, for one, am shocked that the Blues supporters didn’t see an issue with the umpiring.
The ones near me certainly saw issues, Carlton was ripped off with every decision and non-decision.

I understand that, but cunners was done. He was cooked. His legs were done, the bloke needed a rest. He has put in a monumental effort the last 6 months. I completely understand why he was subbed out.
The biggest issue was playing Howe and having Greenwood as sub.

If Greenwood was playing him and Cunners could have rotated between midfield and forward giving Cunners more rest during the game.

Makes bringing Howe straight into the 22 even more baffling.

Clarkson could hardly send a louder message to the players than subbing out Cunners for underperformance in such a high profile game. I’d have brought Greenwood in for Larkey but I know he is playing a long game.

The biggest issue was playing Howe and having Greenwood as sub.

If Greenwood was playing him and Cunners could have rotated between midfield and forward giving Cunners more rest during the game.

Makes bringing Howe straight into the 22 even more baffling.
We don’t know why hugh was sub. He was probably ****in cooked too. He has been a utility the first 3 weeks being thrown into the coal face to swing games. He needed a rest too.

Greenwood was good, but it wasn't the right call to sub Cunners out while leaving a clearly hampered Larkey out there.
I don't think we had a choice in regards to Larkey. Comben would have to contend with too much and Carlton have less reason to worry. Needed to keep the Carlton defenders as accountable as we could. Cunners (I reckon he was still ok anyway) was the change we made to inject fresh contested pressure in the middle. As Clarkson said, we were making a change to spice things up again. It worked and we've learnt a thing or two.

Cunners has been an absolute warrior and is certainly a legend of the footy club but the painful truth is these calls have to be made if it benefits the team. 10 possies and no clearances is a clear indication a change needed to be made.

We kept Larkey out there, asked for him to keep providing a contest so our flankers and mids could get into dangerous positions. We had an abundance of mids but lack of key position players. Right call was made.

It's only been 4 games but at this point Sheez is an unknown quantity as a forward at AFL level. Whereas at least there is evidence that Cunners can contribute as a forward. So I would have preferred to keep Sheez around and behind the ball where he has be tearing it up and helping to get the ball forward, and Cunners near goals.
Cunners is too good an asset to be out of the game completely, unless he was cooked or injured.
We will agree to disagree Rodney

The ones near me certainly saw issues, Carlton was ripped off with every decision and non-decision.
I call em the “BallYeahs”……it’s all their moronic supporters scream out all day. Watching them on tv it’s all you hear. “Baaaaalllllll!!!!!!………Yeaaaaaahh!!”

Its an absolute indictment on the recruiting roughly almost ten years ago that we were forced to play Bonar and Corr on their own. Corr is a great player and so can Bonar with the right matchup (should be an interceptor or playing on midfield forwards). Also, Luffy (the moron that probably got home truths said to him before he left us) pretty much guaranteed we were going to be 3-4 goals down at any point due to the lack of KPDs. How do you build from that as a bottom side?

Fair dinkum absolute shameful recruiting. I don't care about the picks they got right, but the priorities should come first when we know for a fact we're gonna be in trouble later down the line. Dawson is a stopgap, but its still unknowns about how we get this sorted. I think its remarkable we managed to keep Carlton under wraps for so long before the umpires had to intervene what was going to be a close contest.

This club continually punches above its weight because the people they hired were so incompetent at their jobs. Thank goodness we have a proper football department team because it's about time we got genuine people with a track record to back up those acquisitions.

It's also fitting that no legacy has been left by the previous teams and I feel it's already happened under Clarko. That speaks volumes.
I’m interested in what you think the right match up for bonar is?

listning to the MMM commentry trying to say the umpiring was crap without saying the umpirig was crap this morning was rather absurd, at one point they tried to say it was taking time to adjust to the 4 umpire system, i know they cant bite the hand that feeds them but sheesh, no chance of calling a spade a spade.

listning to the MMM commentry trying to say the umpiring was crap without saying the umpirig was crap this morning was rather absurd, at one point they tried to say it was taking time to adjust to the 4 umpire system, i know they cant bite the hand that feeds them but sheesh, no chance of calling a spade a spade.
As much as he’s a bit of a dick Sam Newman would say something about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'd probably just say it's woke to let women umpire, and they need to go back to white coats and hats
Lol he probably would actually

Im sick of umpires being protected species. There is the line between professional and amateur. We should be doing everything we can to get around the grass roots umps, but these flogs at the top level should be criticised when they **** up. Tip toeing around em, they make mistakes, ****in call it out I say

Do we get the full gate receipts or does a portion go to the Good Friday appeal ?

Im sick of umpires being protected species. There is the line between professional and amateur. We should be doing everything we can to get around the grass roots umps, but these flogs at the top level should be criticised when they * up. Tip toeing around em, they make mistakes, *in call it out I say
Yeah it’s a tough situation, go too hard and it affects grass root umpires signing up but surely there needs to be accountability like any vocation

Bit of a dick? campaigners a full blown arse hat
Oh I get ya he is normally an arse hat but when he usually goes in on ump he does it well, highlights the poor call and why

was supposed to be $5 from every ticket to the appeal.

IIRC 25% of gate goes to the RCH.
Cheers guys, we will still clear some $ and it’s for a great cause plus we wouldn’t get the fixture if we didn’t.

Do ess/coll contribute to the rsl or something for Anzac Day

Cheers guys, we will still clear some $ and it’s for a great cause plus we wouldn’t get the fixture if we didn’t.

Do ess/coll contribute to the rsl or something for Anzac Day
I don’t know that but we are better than them. And to be honest, i’d okay if 100% of the proceeds went to the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back