Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a first year player mate. Cut him a little slack. He will sort it out.
We criticise others for making errors, so why should he not be called out for making errors under no pressure.

If you want to play on the outiside, take kick outs and run past for the hands then you also need to stop the silly unpressured turnovers.

Do you trust that these gimps would pay it? They couldn’t even correct a Collingwood goal to a point after Scott had his hand ripped off.

We’re about to introduce a micro chip in a footy next season

Time to move on

We’ve been doing the same tricks for 125 years

Start thinking outside the box and get tech involved

There is way too much dependent on managing human error

I know everyone loves McKercher but again makes so many stupid turnovers.

If you are going to play purely on the outside you can’t be making that many clangers.
Two turnovers and two frees against (including the shocker from the kick-in). He provides more than enough to compensate for that. And he's in his first year! He'll be a gun for us

It was a handball a split second after the whistle and it was hardly time wasting. Most umpires have an awareness of the game and wouldn't pay that one.
It was the absolute dweebus #42 trying to justify his position on the field.

Nothing more.

campaigner.

We have a disease when it comes to coach-killing mistakes. Has been going for as long as I can remember.

The Griff missed kick totally killed our momentum. That’s when the 3rd qtr avalanche started.

Then Mckercher does a similar thing, his was probably a little more unlucky than skill-related, but still makes you want to punch a hole in the tv screen.

It was a handball a split second after the whistle and it was hardly time wasting. Most umpires have an awareness of the game and wouldn't pay that one.
They had perfect awareness. Carlton needed the goal to bank the win and they delivered in spades.

We regularly see players kick it away in the same situation and no 50. The umpire hadn’t even signalled who’s free it was, so he is assuming the player knows he is going to pay holding the ball. How would anyone know what holding the ball is after some of the stuff they let go tonight?

Too big a gap between our best and worst, individually and collectively.
Eddie - great first half, clutch marks in D50 then undoes it with that miss
Colby - bullet I50 goal assist then that stumble
Griff - overall a very solid first game back after so long out then that gift
etc etc
No other teams’ (excluding maybe Suns away form) best-worst gap is as great. Look at tonight’s opponent, hung in when the momentum was against them.

Possibly for the first time all year, it was brilliant to see the tackles finally starting to stick. Reckon Cripps tried to walk through the tackle on several occasions and was held up every time.

Really made them earn that win. They’ll have some sore bodies tonight. Don’t think we’ve done that to an opponent all season.

Brave effort, we go again next week.

We have a disease when it comes to coach-killing mistakes. Has been going for as long as I can remember.

The Griff missed kick totally killed our momentum. That’s when the 3rd qtr avalanche started.

Then Mckercher does a similar thing, his was probably a little more unlucky than skill-related, but still makes you want to punch a hole in the tv screen.
Throw in the Larkey slip after he played on from a mark.

Sat in the Carlton Cheer Squad with my Carlton supporter mate, they are honestly the biggest f***wits of a fan base.
sexy homer simpson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had perfect awareness. Carlton needed the goal to bank the win and they delivered in spades.

We regularly see players kick it away in the same situation and no 50. The umpire hadn’t even signalled who’s free it was, so he is assuming the player knows he is going to pay holding the ball. How would anyone know what holding the ball is after some of the stuff they let go tonight?

And not to mention that free kick to Carlton where the idiot in yellow pointed the wrong way so everyone ran forward, then he corrected himself and our defenders were all out of position. There really should be a rule that when umpires clearly **** up like that, they have to blow time on and let everyone reset.

Over looking the umps which we cant do anything about then yeah this was the changer. DeKoning started to jump early, gave them good supply and we wilted under their pressure. But on the positive we took it and worked our way back in.
When good teams ramp up the pressure like that and we stay with them, then we'll know we're damn close. Bit more to go yet but tracking well.

Sat in row v behind the goals at our cheer squad end. Dont mind the view, you can see some things good and bad quite well from there. Carlton mids kicking the ball to space to make their forwards run to it and therefore mark relatively easily. Our mids, figuring best way to land on heads so its a contest.

We left some pretty easy goals out there with slips and silliness.

There was no moment I thought we would win but we are well and truly on the way and if they dont jag it this year we are closer to a flag than them..

the larkey play on and slip in the first too!

I know everyone loves McKercher but again makes so many stupid turnovers.

If you are going to play purely on the outside you can’t be making that many clangers.
First year player and playing to his strength as a play maker, its going to happen. I just want him to keep taking the game on and the mistakes will be become fewer.

Umpiring horrendous. Nothing to add there.

Every week we make life so much harder for ourselves than it needs to be. I think the side as a whole still view themselves as losers and until they can go down to the Confidence Store and buy some confidence (paraphrasing Pagan) it'll continue.

Our rare wins are still marked with long hold on to your hats periods of panic as we let opponents back in. We get 9 goals up on a side and the subconscious programming is so strong we practically write the come back script for them.

Today it wasn't just the Logue and McKercher ****ups that did it. It was finishing several strong plays after periods of dominance with almost intentional looking passes to Carlton spares. Like we start looking for ways to implode.

As someone said, we need that proper win to reinforce things. Not a stumbling bottom side, not a dead rubber anomaly. The players will be like the supporters- I'm sure there's lots of positive self talk a la "on the right track" floating around. But eventually it'll feel like deluding ourselves if it doesn't manifest at some point into some kind of more tangible feedback.

This is almost worse than being a basket case. We've now had 2 or 3 games we very much should've been saluting but thanks to combinations of City Hall interference and our own self-destruct mode have fallen short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back