Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

X - 87% TOG vs De Kooning 69%. And X practically played as a midfielder after the tap in the first half. Was cooked without more of a chop out after half time.
X was awesome, but he could have ended TDKs night very early if he had punished him at centre bounces.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Goddamn proud of our guys. Yeah we made our fair share of mistakes - but why are we the ones who have to have a clean sheet free of errors to even be a chance, whereas other teams get an armchair ride from the maggots?

This ain’t sour grapes, the sport is unwatchable and the boys are keeping me hanging on my a fingernail because of their efforts, not because I like the sport. I’m actually starting to hate it. I love North, I hate the AFL.

When are we gonna get real about the state of this game? It’s a farce.
Notice, you never ever see a person put their hand up for a job with the AFL who wants to simplify it and take it back to its essence. You’ll never get any ceo, Gil or otherwise, not want to complicate it or keep feeding the money making machine it’s become. There’s something rank about the way it’s always a yes man that comes in and adds to the absolute joke that it is… You’d think one day, there’d be a person who represents the general sentiment of the footy public wanting to give the fans what they want. But it never happens. Something is off.

A non free here, a missed free there - keep the big teams winning and the money rolling in.

For those playing at home, yes, this is a rant and I am pissed off. It’s not the free count, it’s when. It’s where. It’s if we’ve got momentum. Even the commentators were pleading for the maggots to have a feel for the game.

The Saad 50 was it for me. The fact that we had time, had a bit of momentum and it was taken again for a nothing free will not appear on any stats sheet. Reprehensible.

Sorry guys. I never feel like this after watching any other sport, including SANFL (which at this stage I consider a completely different game). And believe me, I’ve gone through some rubbish times with teams in other codes but I rarely, if ever, come away thinking the officials robbed us.

It happens too often with AFL. It’s a corrupt organisation and the maggots are the front line soldiers of the agenda of AFL house.

Just to reiterate - great effort, boys. But shit.
I just watch north games these days, used to watch almost all games. It’s exhausting watching AFL as a neutral because your left scratching your head on calls both ways.

I still maintain it’s the four umpires making it unbearable. 25% more umps needed to have four per game means lower quality umps are promoted. Then there’s four different interpretations on the ground. Four umps waiting for the other to blow their whistle. FFS why do we need two umps 20m from every contest?!

IMO, they should be paid full time, and only have two field umps per game, one in either half of the ground. Have them spend the week working on fitness and reviewing last weeks games. Each ump stays in the same half, meaning consistent calls at either end.

Great bounce back game after the Swannies game from last week.

Sheezel is an absolutely ridiculous talent whose superb games at just 19 years old and now standard practice. He had 35 & 2 and it’s barely getting mentioned!

I reckon even BScott will get a reprieve from the constant ‘drop him’ calls!

I thought Archer was mostly great, but he does have a bad habit of leaving his man to fly and getting under the ball. If you're going to do that and not mark it then you have to kill it forward at the very least
This will be his superpower in the years ahead. He’s just gotta find his timing, but we shouldn’t be discouraging him trying it.

Will no one think of the game?!

I agree, if you choose to fly for the speccy, you don’t mark and in that process make contact with the opposition above the shoulders, it should be an auto free. Easiest decision to adjudicate because everyone notices a player a flying onto someone’s back.

It's not just that he didn't mark it. He didn't get a hand to it which makes it a textbook free kick for unrealistic attempt.

There were 7+ absolutely horrible skill errors/decisions that cost us goals, almost directly.

Larkey on that first mark
Sheezel grubbing a kick forward when we had 3 on 1
Powell kicking it to the only blue when two were in space
LDU had a bad turnover in the middle
Logue's kick
McKercher's kick out slip
Ford missing at the end

I'm probably missing others, and ignoring some umpiring calls that cost us a few, as well. There were some typical mistakes that all teams make, but these were weird ones.

I thought that we played good football, outside of these plays, and the unusual number of bad mistakes cost us.
Id have to look at it again, but my thoughts at the time were that Powell must've had vision blocked in seeing that player and thought getting it into that open space would work.

Strangest thing is I had 4 different mates message me during the game and say ‘bl00dy hell, that Archer is a gun’. Then I come in here and apparently he was crap.
He missed a couple of marks and fluffed a kick or two but he’s improvement over the course of the season is remarkable. I thought he had a great game overall too

I just watch north games these days, used to watch almost all games. It’s exhausting watching AFL as a neutral because your left scratching your head on calls both ways.

I still maintain it’s the four umpires making it unbearable. 25% more umps needed to have four per game means lower quality umps are promoted. Then there’s four different interpretations on the ground. Four umps waiting for the other to blow their whistle. FFS why do we need two umps 20m from every contest?!

IMO, they should be paid full time, and only have two field umps per game, one in either half of the ground. Have them spend the week working on fitness and reviewing last weeks games. Each ump stays in the same half, meaning consistent calls at either end.
I could not agree more. The more umpires they've introduced, the worst it has gotten.

The most ridiculous is those incidents like the Larkey one. One umpire is 5m away doesn't call it so the other umpire 30m is forced to call it. I thought the rationale for bringing in a 4th umpire was to catch any behind the play infringements, but what's the point if they're missing the ones directly in play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just that he didn't mark it. He didn't get a hand to it which makes it a textbook free kick for unrealistic attempt.
In Carlton’s F50 doesn’t suit the script to give North a free kick.

They needed Carlton to score a goal, so play on.

His free kick in front of goal was worse. No one makes contact with him and somehow the umpires think he deserves a free kick.

The Carlton Forward line are all a pack of protected species.

A video Umpire is what is needed

I have been one of Stephens’ harshest critics. I think he had a very very good game. Maybe his beat for North?

If I remember correctly, he even did a strong tackle for a HTB at some point.

Still not convinced he’s gonna be a player for us, but credit where it’s due. Good performance
Was going to post the same, thought he was one of our biggest positives and id pretty much put a line through him. Maybe, just maybe theres a footballer in there after all.

That would be worse. Imagine the bullshit they would make up to gift teams like Carlton and Collingwood more frees.

The man in the earpiece is already doing enough for these teams.

So you don’t want 5 seconds after the Curtis miss a huge Red Alert appear on the screen that stops play and awards a Free?

Ok

I know everyone loves McKercher but again makes so many stupid turnovers.

If you are going to play purely on the outside you can’t be making that many clangers.

He's a first year player mate. Cut him a little slack. He will sort it out.

They legit think they were hard done by. Worst supporters in the comp.
Talking to a North bloke at the train station who had spent the game arguing with his Carlton mate about free kicks. Despite the count going their way, old mate insisted it wasn't the number of free kicks but where they get paid. Apparently, old mate went pretty quiet after the run of free kicks and the 50m penalty sealed the game.

So you don’t want 5 seconds after the Curtis miss a huge Red Alert appear on the screen that stops play and awards a Free?

Ok
Do you trust that these gimps would pay it? They couldn’t even correct a Collingwood goal to a point after Scott had his hand ripped off.

I thought that was the least controversial of them all, everyone had stopped for the free, gets paid 50 far more often than not.
It was a handball a split second after the whistle and it was hardly time wasting. Most umpires have an awareness of the game and wouldn't pay that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back