Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

The 50 was for kicking the ball after the free was paid. LDU gestured to the umpire that he couldn't hear the whistle over the crowd noise, but unsurprisingly, the umpire didn't care.

The Saad 50 was it for me. The fact that we had time, had a bit of momentum and it was taken again for a nothing free will not appear on any stats sheet. Reprehensible.
I thought that was the least controversial of them all, everyone had stopped for the free, gets paid 50 far more often than not.

Take out the griff/kerch mistake and Eddie missing from close range,then it's anyone's game.Still trending in the rite direction !

Yes, the trend is real and the worst is behind us. Geez a proper scalp would be nice though. Obviously we’re still at the point where we could never just assume wins over the tigers and wet toast, but even if we win both of those it will still be a bit hollow until we beat someone of consequence. That will give them (and frankly us) the belief that is needed.

6-1 clearances to them to start the 3rd quarter.

Blues kicked 5 in a row.

We won the next 6 clearances and kicked the next 2 goals.

That’s the game
Yeah I thought the almost 7 minutes of the first quarter where we dominated play and kept the ball almost exclusively in our half and a lot of time in forward 50 and couldn’t get on the scoreboard hurt us most on reflection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super proud of the efforts tonight. We were sensational all night. We definitely gave Carlton a fright.

Unfortunately as always the umpires were cheating f***en pricks.

Should be really proud of that performance. Sucks not to win, but we should have.

Positives:
  • Best Clarkson has coached since he came to the club, thought he completely out coached voss
  • Sheezel, LDU, Xerri, our three best players just keep producing
  • Chom forward was brilliant (proved me wrong)
  • Jacko & Logue combining with some fantastic moments
  • Corr will be top 5-6 in our BnF
  • Baileys best game this year, so glad he’s back on a wing
  • Mckercher & Ford some great moments
  • I’m sure I missed a few but some really strong performances across the board and responded really well after last week

Negatives:

• The difference in the game came down to the following 6 pieces of play. We half these next year and we win a lot more games, it’s really difficult to win any game (let alone against 2nd place)…
1. The Logue kick
2. McKay staying on the ground & kicking a goal
3. The McKercher Bork
4. Missed PC holding the ball
5. Saad 50m
6. Ford missing directly in front

Some of these we can control, some we cannot. Focus on the ones we can and the Ws will come.

I thought Archer was mostly great, but he does have a bad habit of leaving his man to fly and getting under the ball. If you're going to do that and not mark it then you have to kill it forward at the very least
Yeah. Needs to take it a bit in front instead of right above. Any small error of calculation and you get worked under it.

TDK is running around on 1 leg, and X is finessing in the ruck instead of ploughing into him at every opportunity. Why?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

X - 87% TOG vs De Kooning 69%. And X practically played as a midfielder after the tap in the first half. Was cooked without more of a chop out after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back