Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been one of Stephens’ harshest critics. I think he had a very very good game. Maybe his beat for North?

If I remember correctly, he even did a strong tackle for a HTB at some point.

Still not convinced he’s gonna be a player for us, but credit where it’s due. Good performance
Best game for club - and finally showed some balls in a few clinches. Needs to make better decisions and work on his right foot.

Archer was shit tonight sorry. Torched the ball in dropped a few sitters. I trust him to learn from this.
100% he was shit tonight.
And if anyone tells you you’re wrong, you can just tell them to ask the crowd. They could hear him screaming to himself how shit he was.

I don’t think he needs to be dropped or anything, but he played shit.

In saying that, Clarkson could have made his job a little easier by adding the best interceptor in the league in the 3rd quarter - he wasn’t getting much delivery from the mids.

Makes you think this is better tanking than last year. Playing the way we want to play for the future instead of trying save tames.

Sorry I digressed.

Archer played shit.

Mate, they are a joke of a team as of today. We should have won and I'm not sure if that says more about us or them.
Their supporters are in for a world of pain in September. Richly deserved. Their core support base is a combination of racist roid-heads, cross-eyed suburban noofies and ageing right-wing alcoholics. Bandwagoners were out in full force, shrieking with fury every time they didn't get a free when their player was touched or ours chipped the ball 15 meters to a teamate. Karma bus is gathering momentum.

It’s not the money it’s the negative publicity that comes with it! They’d hang him for it!

I like the way Chris Scott goes about it. A firm opinion that he doesn’t shirk from, without blowing his stack. Although as we know, Clarko is held to a different set of standards to everyone else.

If anyone was there you could probably notice, as it was very obvious that the forwards need to move more!

They just stand around and wait for it to be bombed it on their heads or to a contest. I hate our i50 but it isn't all our midfielder's fault

****ing move boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans are claiming this is fine and he didn't have prior opportunity :$
Haha exactly what they said! And then they were screaming for a free in their forward half just after that play? I was going back and forth with one campaigner all game, ‘so what, that’s a free and you’re not calling the down there moments ago?’

Great first half by the lads!!

Third quarter looked like it was going to runaway from us so again a great effort but they stuck in there and had a crack

Fourth quarter, too sloppy with the ball, possibly could have been a little more composed going into attack but loved the repeat entries and the ability to give a top 8 team, forward pressure for the last 5-10 mins...Fordy nearly made a great Malcolm Blight impersonation.

But without doubt, after a fairly slow start, you've got to give it to the courage and skill of the umpires, marvelous effort for them to show up and impose themselves in the contest, especially that last 10 mins...bravo 🤦‍♂️

And if anyone tells you you’re wrong, you can just tell them to ask the crowd. They could hear him screaming to himself how shit he was.

In saying that, Clarkson could have made his job a little easier by adding the best interceptor in the league in the 3rd quarter - he wasn’t getting much delivery from the mids.

Makes you think this is better tanking than last year. Playing the way we want to play for the future instead of trying save tames.

Sorry I digressed.

Archer played shit.

Strong disagree. Respect your opinion but I thought he was good. He’s raw, his kicking isn’t great and he makes some bad decisions. But there’s clearly a player there. His improvement trajectory is very promising. Really good one-v-one.

Sorry I digressed.

Archer played shit.
Yep, and I rate Archer. He bounced back well from the bad game on Bobby Hill and he'll bounce back from this.

Even the free against LDU was dubious. Firstly, he distinctly made a genuine attempt to handpass, which is all he's actually obliged to do. Secondly, it looked like his fist made contact with the ball. Barely, but that would still be a legitimate handpass. I couldn't fathom why 50 was paid unless it was for something that was said.

Whatever, it changed the complexion of the game and along with the free against Fisher, the free to Motlop it was enough to hand a win to Carlton.

Sure, North were shakey during several periods of the second half but take those gifts off Carlton and the result might have been different.
The 50 was for kicking the ball after the free was paid. LDU gestured to the umpire that he couldn't hear the whistle over the crowd noise, but unsurprisingly, the umpire didn't care.

Strong disagree. Respect your opinion but I thought he was good. He’s raw, his kicking isn’t great and he makes some bad decisions. But there’s clearly a player there. His improvement trajectory is very promising. Really good one-v-one.

Agree from what I saw 👍🏼

Think gotta give him a few more games.
Yeah he found a lot of space but wasn't used much. Kicked his goal. Had a bad moment when he pushed into defence and didn't seem to want the ball. But you've got to give him another go to see what's there: he looked like an AFL player at times tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back