Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

How’s old Razor when Larkey copped one across the chops in the middle? He said ‘play on’. And he was right there.
The other umpire called a free.
What an absolute joke that was. That and the PC non HTB - that was text book HTB - every, single day of the week. The bullsh$t free and the 50 that followed was the nail in the coffin. Even the Blues supporters sitting near me leant over and agreed with my not so quiet disapproval. But we kept coming, never gave up. We were our own worst enemies tonight with our fumbling and trying to be too cute at times (looking at you PC). There were the usual bad decisions / turnovers (Jy was particularly disappointing tonight) but there were some really great passages of play as well - we are an exciting team to watch now. There was a lot to like. Sheez is going to absolutely tear a game apart soon. And George won’t be far behind him. Can’t wait, good times not too far away. And we’ll win a flag before this mob do.

I don't understand the Phillips pisstakes of late.

Because actually YES, I think we would be been better the last 2 weeks with him in the side.

It's the hyper defensiveness of him on here has overcorrected to ridiculing anyone who sees him as improving the senior side.

I am a fan. People should look at his I50 kick against Melbourne on the left foot in the midst of a chaos situation.

The only other player that could have made that kick would have been Sheezel.

But I also watched him in the VFL against the Swans. The cleanest player by far, but seems to pace himself. I would have him play as a small forward with the instructions that he provides manic pressure for 3 quarters before being subbed. That way he does not need to worry about not getting through a game.

The team structure and effort is there… just the skill execution is letting us down.

The forward 50 entries are still diabolical at times. It shitted me no end how Carlton could kick indiscriminately into their f50 and find the chest of curnow every time, yet our forwards would have a 10m break only to see the ball sail over their heads.

And our in close under pressure skills are just not there, unless sheez is involved.

To Mr. Sheezel, young Wardlaw has a ways to go if he is going to be better than your son. Your son is a freak sir.
We've been rubbish for years
Why were we never winning that game?
Because we're not very good. We've showed the last month that things are changing.

Got to love the BLUWS supporters on the main board.

The amount of copium being mainlined by these dickheads is astounding.

They even think the non-free against Kennedy for dropping the ball was the correct decision.

Bunch of stupid flogs.

They will again get found out in finals when the better umpires put the whistle away and they can’t rely on shit calls to get their goals.

How many goals today did Carlton kick from free kicks and then compare that with North.

If anyone was there you could probably notice, as it was very obvious that the forwards need to move more!

They just stand around and wait for it to be bombed it on their heads or to a contest. I hate our i50 but it isn't all our midfielder's fault

****ing move boys!
Yeah, the mids must get so frustrated seeing a bunch of stagnant forwards playing starlight in the forward half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute joke that was. That and the PC non HTB - that was text book HTB - every, single day of the week. The bullsh$t free and the 50 that followed was the nail in the coffin. Even the Blues supporters sitting near me leant over and agreed with my not so quiet disapproval. But we kept coming, never gave up. We were our own worst enemies tonight with our fumbling and trying to be too cute at times (looking at you PC). There were the usual bad decisions / turnovers (Jy was particularly disappointing tonight) but there were some really great passages of play as well - we are an exciting team to watch now. There was a lot to like. Sheez is going to absolutely tear a game apart soon. And George won’t be far behind him. Can’t wait, good times not too far away. And we’ll win a flag before this mob do.
the fogarty htb near the boundary was terrible as well! threw an arm around around fisher and knocked the ball out of his hand and that gets paid holding the ball.

Last edited:
I genuinely argue in any game that is decided by under 4 goals in the modern era is a complete coin toss with the the umpires usually deciding the outcome through total incompetence.

Less and less are close games won by the deeds of the players and more and more is the outcome decided by 4 incompetent clowns.

The modern game is farcical.

It’s not a sporting competition. It’s a product manufactured to generate revenue. You only have to look at FIXture to know this sport is dead as a pure sporting competition.

Just saying he was shithouse in the VFL, if you bothered watching.
Did not watch this weekend’s game, so cannot comment.

I agree that he should be doing more at VFL level from what I have seen.

But I value innate football skills and intelligence as they are hard to teach and evermore important in a game where you need to pick your way through team defences.

That is why I would keep him and try to develop him. To some degree Sheezel, Daicos, etc have made us forget that most young players need to some years to become AFL-ready.

I genuinely argue in any game that is decided by under 4 goals in the modern era is a complete coin toss with the the umpires usually deciding the outcome through total incompetence.

Less and less are close games won by the deeds of the players and more and more is the outcome decided by 4 incompetent clowns.

The modern game is farcical.

It’s not a sporting competition. It’s a product manufactured to generate revenue. You only have to look at FIXture to know this sport is dead from a pure sporting competition.
Don’t worry mate. Andrew Dillons and Laura Kanes will fix Footy. :stern look

Ralph seems to be hitching to the bandwagon early. Wise man
Either that or he can actually see the dogshit the average AFL fan is subjected to under the current admistration run by Andrew ‘The games the best it’s ever been’ Dillon and Laura ‘I don’t have a ****ing clue so I will just lie’ Kane.

Did not watch this weekend’s game, so cannot comment.

I agree that he should be doing more at VFL level from what I have seen.

But I value innate football skills and intelligence as they are hard to teach and evermore important in a game where you need to pick your way through team defences.

That is why I would keep him and try to develop him. To some degree Sheezel, Daicos, etc have made us forget that most young players need to some years to become AFL-ready.
So you didn't watch?

I could not agree more. The more umpires they've introduced, the worst it has gotten.

The most ridiculous is those incidents like the Larkey one. One umpire is 5m away doesn't call it so the other umpire 30m is forced to call it. I thought the rationale for bringing in a 4th umpire was to catch any behind the play infringements, but what's the point if they're missing the ones directly in play?
The 25% has meant that a bystander effect has crept into the game.

The non-calls I think are worse than the ones that get called.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back