Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a disappointing end after a great start to the game.

Biggest takeaway other than horrendous umpiring is that when the opposition gets on a roll , we struggle to get our hands on the ball to slow them down.
That Scott play was really disappointing for a supposed smart person - just hit the ground and make the umpire make a decision. Gave them an out by playing on.

Farrkkkkkkkkkk

I think another thing is clear after today.

With Colby being injured and Sheezel moving fwd/mid, it’s proven we don’t need one or even any of them playing out of position at half back.

Colby back and into the midfield rotation is going to be a massive injection into this side with some of the clearance dominance we’ve had the last month.

McKercher’s pace and linebreaking ability in some of that ball movement today…
And his lethal 35 metre kicks at speed.

Had to come on here as I’m really struggling with the result today I’m genuinely guttered I feel for the players today. They outworked Collingwood for 3 Quaters today I just hope their confidence is not shot after today game. It’s going to be a worry going forward after leading by 9 goals.
This is the kind of game that can build confidence. Yeah the loss sucks, we gave up a big lead etc. but this is far less demoralizing than losing by 8+ goals every week.

A few weeks ago I was hanging out for the bye. A break from all the losing and negativity that has been as real as a Ben Cunnington fend off for three or four years now. But after the win against West Coast, and today's game against the Pies the reigning premiers no less, I have a real renewed optimism about the rest of the year. I will go to the G next Saturday night with a belief that we can win. I don't remember feeling that way for 4 or 5 years. There are so many positives to come out of the last two games. Larkey, George, LDU, Teakle today, COMBEN, COMBEN, COMBEN! Jy last week back to his best. Xerri, oh my goodness I would have traded him last year! Fordy, TP and even bloody Pinky. All these lads have given me belief at last. Bloody hell even a new role for Will Phil, 17 class touches and a goal today in 3 quarters. Ben Jacobs would have been rapt with that output. Yeah there are negatives losing to-day hurts. But it's a good hurt when only three weeks ago it was despairing loss after despairing loss. Bring on the Dees next Saturday, go Kangas we are a force again.

That was a disappointing end after a great start to the game.

Biggest takeaway other than horrendous umpiring is that when the opposition gets on a roll , we struggle to get our hands on the ball to slow them down.
That Scott play was really disappointing for a supposed smart person - just hit the ground and make the umpire make a decision. Gave them an out by playing on.

Farrkkkkkkkkkk
He runs off the mark and plays on after the umpire called play on twice. 36 seconds on the clock. Absolutely nothing he could do.

Unimpressive is an understatement.

The integrity of the game has never been in more question than now and it’s all under her stewardship.

Footballs turned to shit ever since they let the lawyers start running the game.
Bang on. Has their filthy hands all over it.
The game is just there to be monetised. It has never been and felt more transactional than it is right now.

For all the Daicos felating going on in the media tonight.

They may have overlooked he was one of 2 midfielders with 10 score involvements, 3 goal assists and 6 clearances on the ground today.

The other was a 19 year old that also had it 30 times, kicked a goal and did it all in 25 minutes less game time.

He basically played an entire quarter less to achieve that.

Genuinely one of the best games from a Rising Star eligible player ever.

Everyone at the game knew the fix was on as soon as the third quarter started.

Both side paid 10 Free Kicks up to half time and h then they go on a rampage in the third paying Collingwood free kick after free kick. Most of them flops by Collingwood players.

You still shouldn’t lose that game at that margin, but the umpires gave Collingwood every chance they could to get into the contest and they walked through the door.

If that game is umpired to the standard that should be expected of this level, the game was over.

2 free kicks against Collingwood in a half of footy tells the story. Especially when the media shows 4 infringements in the last minutes of the game that were just ignored.

It’s getting harder to take that tin foil hat off with the way AFL games are getting decided these days.

The nature of our game, much like Basketball, is very easily manipulated as the entire game is a series of "momentum swings". By controlling the umpiring, you are able to control the momentum. Again, and at risk of sounding like a whingey Tiger fan, we have seen it so many times. There has been close to 20 losses over the past 4 years we have had where we were 4+ goals up, but lost as the momentum swung back after a series of confusing goals gifted the opponent goals etc.

We had a game against Carlton where they awarded EIGHT 50m penalties against us. All of which, were FAR FAR LESS than Bailey's non-call today.

It really is beyond sensible at the moment. If you care to, check out the "Umpiring" thread on our forum & take note of all the members with "CFL" profile pics.

Bang on. Has their filthy hands all over it.
The game is just there to be monetised. It has never been and felt more transactional than it is right now.
The game we know as football died a long time ago.

AFL Execs that have bonuses tied to the outcome of gate numbers. Is it no coincidence that the big teams seem to be rising on the back of questionable umpiring consistently going in their favour? Match defining calls going to the AFL’s money makers.

A few weeks ago they were reviewing shots that went directly above the goal umpire's head. There were accusations leveled that they were hunting to play those crypto ads at every opportunity. The AFL say EVERY goal is reviewed. Bartel mentioned it on whatever show he is on tonight that they don't. I have no insight into the capability of Laura Kane so I will not comment on her, but the person who specifically chose to not hold up the game to review that goal (or the people if more than one were involved) must be dealt with - severely.

This game is funded heavily by the gambling industry. A lot of money is bet on outcomes and on other aspects within matches. Incompetence cannot be tolerated. If they say that every goal is reviewed then they are either lying or somebody chose to defy that condition. Somebody has to be accountable for that.
F***ing spot on.
If youre going to have the ARC. Implement it correctly.

Same shit with world football and VAR. If you are going to have it, then implement it correctly. Thats all we ask.

The gameday scoreboard manager even had the replay up, showed Bailey's fingers go back and then the piece of shit in the middle of the ground just balled it up. Like didn't even hesitate. We only got one replay in and then they cut to the bounce.
Who okayed this???
What excuse will they roll out? Watch them say the ump in the middle of the grounds ear piece wasn't working, or some shit like that.

Whoever was on ARC duties and all 4 umpires need be stood down and reprimanded.
Their names and faces should be painted all over social media this week until they are dealt with.

F*** them

Last edited:
The nature of our game, much like Basketball, is very easily manipulated as the entire game is a series of "momentum swings". By controlling the umpiring, you are able to control the momentum. Again, and at risk of sounding like a whingey Tiger fan, we have seen it so many times. There has been close to 20 losses over the past 4 years we have had where we were 4+ goals up, but lost as the momentum swung back after a series of confusing goals gifted the opponent goals etc.

It really is beyond sensible at the moment. If you care to, check out the "Umpiring" thread on our forum & take note of all the members with "CFL" profile pics.
If north games didn’t have north in them I wouldn’t be watching footy. The state of the umpiring has killed the game for me over the last couple of years.

And I was someone who would watch every game I possibly could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a game against Carlton where they awarded EIGHT 50m penalties against us. All of which, were FAR FAR LESS than Bailey's non-call today.

It’s getting hard to take the competition serious these days.

How do you take a competition seriously that could literally hand a club a top 4 position on the back of what we saw today?

Just look at how close these two players are after Scotty has marked the ball and is looking at the umpire to signal hey *&$# wit where’s the 50. ….
I just have to laugh now…..can’t wait to hear what Magoo at umpires review says tomorrow….
A : we made a mistake…again….
B: ticked off all good
C: even though hes being hugged and steel is in the protected space we’ve instructed our officials not to abide by what we said last week.
D: l can’t comment on that we’ve lost the footage.

Last edited:
S**t there is some end of the world posters I’ve never seen before in here, going full nuffy. I love it.
Acting like there is no coming back from this, or that it will f**k the playing group. Hawks did the same thing before going on a dominant run. Usually s**t like this is forgotten by the time the dees game is here.

People bringing up 2001. Jesus Christ that was 23 years ago. We have have over 30-40 other heartbreaks since, like every club on the planet.

Yeah it's ****ing ridiculous even mentioning 2001 because that game was supposed **** up the playing group and there was no coming back from it but from that game onwards, we didn't lose to Essendon for about 10 years. I look forward to a run like that versus Collingwood.

As a contest, the match was everything you want from AFL football: 37 goals kicked for the day, and a final margin of one point; only decided in the last three seconds. An underdog came in with a plan not to flood and ugly the game up, but to play with freedom and adventure

Hi Ross

Everyone at the game knew the fix was on as soon as the third quarter started.

Both side paid 10 Free Kicks up to half time and h then they go on a rampage in the third paying Collingwood free kick after free kick. Most of them flops by Collingwood players.

You still shouldn’t lose that game at that margin, but the umpires gave Collingwood every chance they could to get into the contest and they walked through the door.

If that game is umpired to the standard that should be expected of this level, the game was over.

2 free kicks against Collingwood in a half of footy tells the story. Especially when the media shows 4 infringements in the last minutes of the game that were just ignored.

It’s getting harder to take that tin foil hat off with the way AFL games are getting decided these days.

My tin foil hat is on so tight and proud i look like a toddler wearing his first pair of "pull ups". Its beyond "tin hat" stuff. Its basically a known fact to anyone who watches more than 1 game a week

F***ing spot on.
If youre going to have the ARC. Implement it correctly.

Same shit with world football and VAR. If you are going to have it then implement is correctly.

The gameday scoreboard manager even had the replay up, showed Bailey's fingers go back and then the piece of shit in the middle of the ground just balled it up.

Whoever was on ARC duties and all 4 umpires need be stood down and reprimanded.
Their names and faces should be painted all over social media this week until they are dealt with.

F*** them
Didn’t Laura Kane say that all goals are reviewed and the ball won’t be bounced until the all clear is given?

Well not today Laura. It was clearly touched and every official at the ground either chose to ignore and therefor were cheating or they should be stood down for utter incompetence.

I’m sure they will all receive bonuses for playing a role in todays fiasco, because after all it keeps the AFL coffers flowing.

As a contest, the match was everything you want from AFL football: 37 goals kicked for the day, and a final margin of one point; only decided in the last three seconds. An underdog came in with a plan not to flood and ugly the game up, but to play with freedom and adventure

Hi Ross

I would rather watch Ross Lyon & Terry Wallace both coach a "nil all" draw by flooding, than a game corrupted and decided by umpiring like we saw today. **** that

My tin foil hat is on so tight and proud i look like a toddler wearing his first pair of "pull ups". Its beyond "tin hat" stuff. Its basically a known fact to anyone who watches more than 1 game a week
I watched the Sydney game last night and yes they are a good footy side, but they are also given lattitude that I don’t see given to other sides.

I felt sorry for Adelaide. You could see the player frustration growing as the umpires let Sydney do as they please and it finally boiled over into undisciplined acts.

I would rather watch Ross Lyon & Terry Wallace both coach a "nil all" draw by flooding, than a game corrupted and decided by umpiring like we saw today. **** that
All you ask as a footy fan is that your club is given the same opportunities as the opposition and win, lose or draw the result is based on merit and not how many times an umpire ****s up.

Disappointing loss but not disappointed with the effort of the whole team - the best half of footy in the past 4 years if not longer!!!

Great debut by Teakle!!

You can blame the missed frees, the stupid frees against, strange sub of Wilphil, even resting the starting mids in the 4th quarter but at the end of the day, Collingwood showed us, again, what a 4 quarter side they are and they have been, playing this mindset for over 2 years and a flag.

We had kicked 86 points in a half, up by 54 1min into the 3rd and lead by 31 by end of the 3rd quarter...what cost us the game was a drop in pressure, intensity and workrate and the immaturity of a game plan on how to combat momentum....our great teams of the past would keep the knee to the throat and the pedal to the metal but this young team does not know how to do that and it will come!!

What it does show it that we really do need two mature recruits in a Wines, a Parker, a Duncan, a Pendles, a Ward, a Grimes, a Haynes - just mature players that know how to calm things down and organise.

Great lessons for the lads, if we played like that last week...we wouldn't be talking about a Yeo decision because it would have been our biggest win in 5 years!!

Give ya the late mail media people...even if Harley Reid didn't get suspended, Wardlaw will be our consecutive rising star!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back