Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiels having his hand kicked off.

Xerri dropping a chest mark.

Ford bottling a pass to Zurhaar.

LDU being a bit too cute after Sheezel’s smother along with his Point of the Year.

Had a fair few chances to completely ice it.

But we won, so **** it.
These are the kinda possum in headlights incidents that experience will reduce. Look how clinical Collingwood are closing out close games because its routine to them now.

I've been to 9 game (including yesterday) since I started following North last year. First game was the first Essendon game that we lost by a goal, and it's been heartbreak since (we also attended the Freo, Pies, and Dees games this year)... which made yesterday's game all the sweeter. When the siren went I jumped up with everyone else, and promptly had to grab the railing because I was dizzy - I think I'd been holding my breath without realising for the final minute. Our earlier win this year was great, but being there was amazing, and I feel like I am legitimately still on a high from actually seeing a win live.

I think yesterday was also the first game I've been to with a crowd that was totally North dominated, and that was awesome too. We are a really loud fanbase! I do wonder if our naked hostility to the umpires is partly responsible for us getting some 'unfavourable' treatment recently. Is that common among all teams?
What made you barrack for North? Genuinely interested.

Finally got to watch the replay last night
we were really really good in large patches. That was a pretty good Gold Coast team and North just belted them at stages.

had some down patches but you're going to get that

One minor criticism is that he players were too unselfish at times. Number of times players passed the ball off when they should have had a crack themselves !
I agree, but due to the constant rule changes, it's become so common that you can't move without the umpires blowing the whistle. It has forced players to shit themselves every time they move that they may be giving away a free kick.

Got deja vu from this so I jumped into the post history: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/40-eddie-ford.1252412/post-81606637

I've lived in North Melbourne most of my life, and just only got into Footy this year. Figured I might as well go for the team of the suburb I live in, more authentic than just picking 'good team go.' And hey, one day we'll be good and I'll get to feel extra good for choosing us during the hard times.

I talked about it before but short story is that I grew up there and didn't know any better; once I realised how bad we were I figured I might as well stick around and watch us get good. But also, I much prefer smaller/underdog clubs (North, Freo, GWS, Suns) to bigger ones (Pies, Blues, WCE, Essendon, etc.). So I likely would have picked North anyway due to them being the smallest Victorian club, as I would have been choosing between those four. A happy accident. :)

I am a bit surprised more new people don't have that thought process. It's not fun jumping on the [big successful team] bandwagon at all, you don't feel like you've earned anything.

I talked about it before but short story is that I grew up there and didn't know any better; once I realised how bad we were I figured I might as well stick around and watch us get good. But also, I much prefer smaller/underdog clubs (North, Freo, GWS, Suns) to bigger ones (Pies, Blues, WCE, Essendon, etc.). So I likely would have picked North anyway due to them being the smallest Victorian club, as I would have been choosing between those four. A happy accident. :)

I am a bit surprised more new people don't have that thought process. It's not fun jumping on the [big successful team] bandwagon at all, you don't feel like you've earned anything.

Good on you. It's always a shame when neutrals/newcomers default to a big club based on current success. Short-sighted, too; if you've just missed out on the years-long build up to a premiership then the party's likely already over (see: Collingwood, Richmond.)

Other side of the coin is that, if we do start ascending soon, we might start seeing North bandwagoners pop up around. Imagine that...

My fiance used to be a mad hawks fan but lost all interest in the sport once he met a bunch of their players after the first dynasty flag (never meet your heroes unless they are called sheezel).

I honestly tried to talk him out supporting north but he is as one eyed as a life long member by now (is an eddie ford simp), after a challenging period for the club it has been very satisfying to watch things start to come together with a new supporter.

I would say you both picked the perfect time to join the chorus, you get to see how far back we started and appreciate what comes next.

This club is special, the people who are a part of it understand that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you’re still here?

Well he can’t answer because I’m on ignore.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Since when? I don't put people on ignore, it takes too much of the fun out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back