Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on the side or squad for thursday? Do you think the club will just pick the best available?
I'd say both teams will field extended sides & that the players will have specified loads/minutes to play.

It isn't even a JLT game. All about increasing & preparing for the season - not winning. Best available not even a consideration.

Burgoyne with only one AA is staggering...
I'm looking forward to the retrospective excuses when he breaks game record after game record why he only got one.

I guess he will just have to make do with a minimum of four premiership medals.......

I've never been to a louder game. The emotion in the crowd was intense. At 3/4 time 99% of hawks fans were frustrated and gutted. We knew we played better than them but somehow Geelong pulled some BS out of their backside and found themselves 3 goals up.

The boys were heroic in that last quarter. Were simply brilliant (besides on the scoreboard). Every hawks fan were wishing and hoping we could do it as the momentum started going our way again.

When Burgoyne kicked that goal and when we kicked down the wing and had free players after their behind with 20 seconds remaining there were people going ballistic. Tears from many people. What a game. What a win. What a way to start our 3peat.

Nothing will beat this game for me. Especially from a love experience. Best post-match 5 minutes I've had.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Had a mate leave at three qtr time and turned off all forms of communication . On arrival at home wife surprise he was home early and he had to be convinced hawks actually won. The guy ‘s brother played at hawks in the 90 and 00’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a mate leave at three qtr time and turned off all forms of communication . On arrival at home wife surprise he was home early and he had to be convinced hawks actually won. The guy ‘s brother played at hawks in the 90 and 00’s.
I wanna know who's brother it was. I've never been into the whole leave early thing when you lose. What ever happen to 'one for all and all for one'

You win together… you lose together… but you always live to fight another day!

I was lucky enough to be in a box that day and 3 other people left early ( after the first cats goal in the last qtr ). By the end of the night we were all jumping on the seats and high fives & man hugs everywhere..

Was in the pocket of the same end as varcoe when he missed that last shot. Never felt more relief in my life. That game was absolutely unreal. Perhaps the best win of the cats-hawks rivalry to date.

Was in the pocket of the same end as varcoe when he missed that last shot. Never felt more relief in my life. That game was absolutely unreal. Perhaps the best win of the cats-hawks rivalry to date.
For me, all the pain from the Kennet curse losses culminated in the guttural joy of that win. We couldn't win until it mattered. We won when it meant something, a chance at a premiership. How sweet it was!

I'd say both teams will field extended sides & that the players will have specified loads/minutes to play.

It isn't even a JLT game. All about increasing & preparing for the season - not winning. Best available not even a consideration.

granted it is still preseason and building the players up is the main idea, that being said they only have 2 hitouts before the real thing, there has been a noticeable increase in the practice matches and jlt games intensity the last few years because of this.

I hope we get some game time into the key players during the jlt we need to hit the season running with a soft draw early.

I don’t think Scrimmers will play Round 1. Not because he shouldn’t, but from my recollection, we usually go with proven guys early, then bring new guys into the side within about a month.

When Scully comes in, I reckon Hendo gets off the leash & will be damaging. And, I reckon Impey is good for another improved season.

*I don’t play fantasy footy & don’t know all the rules & prices etc. so please take my feedback with that consideration.

Correct. Clarko will always back his veterans early in the season. As injuries hit, the kids will get their turn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back