Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a no from me. Rayner a much better player and people on here won't even give up a hot egg mcmuffin for him.....
Hmm, yeh, nah ... I'm taking B Bear over Raynor any day.

That's a no from me. Rayner a much better player and people on here won't even give up a hot egg mcmuffin for him.....
I agree.
Just had another look at Rayner's stats for this season and there were 2-3 spikes in his disposals numbers that could have some insight. Still hold the same view from the other day: the price to get him prob won't be worth it. Better off scouting for the next value trade like Ginnivan.

Hmm, yeh, nah ... I'm taking B Bear over Raynor any day.

Fair bit of projection when you do....
Averages 4 less disposals, 2 less marks, a hair less scoring, 1 less tackle, per game over his career.
For me, da bear is a utility hiding forward because he's not up to their midfield, and that's not great.
Cam IS a forward who gets tossed on ball to help with their very good midfield.

But alls good, everyone gets to like who they like. :thumbsu:

This was posted last night in the game day thread. Can anyone back this up?

View attachment 2054178

Instead of watching the Geelong Geriatrics play at the GMHBA Nursing Home and get beaten up by the Dogs, sounds like he had a box seat to Hawthorn Globetrotters demolition of the Pies.
Need this verified please!

I’ll say it again, if players don’t watch us play and think

1) Geez they’re the hottest young team on the rise
2) Wow, they’ve improved every single import they’ve brought in under Sam

… then seriously, you’re an idiot and we don’t want you.
Yeah, why would you not want to be part of Hawthorn right now? 2nd youngest list in the comp, playing like this.

I’ve never seen so many oppositions supporters talk about how much they like watching us.

We might not be on broadway, as Kane has lamented, but we are absolutely blockbuster.

Yeah, why would you not want to be part of Hawthorn right now? 2nd youngest list in the comp, playing like this.

I’ve never seen so many oppositions supporters talk about how much they like watching us.

We might not be on broadway, as Kane has lamented, but we are absolutely blockbuster.

You know what blows my mind as well. We’ve had an atrocious tv fixture, played games in Tassie and we’re still averaging 40k a game this year.

Onwards and upwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus Sammy, lost count of the amount of draftees who talk about how impressive Sam was during their interviews. Smartest, youngest coach in the biz.

Only reason to not want the Hawks is if you're chasing dollars or you wanna be the #1 guy and think that the team should revolve around you. In either of those cases, I don't want em.

Even if we don’t scrape into finals, we’ll be broadway next year. On the up, very watchable and ginni/wiz etc made for friday nights.

i can’t wait for a few friday nights at the G
If we can scoop up 4 or 5 Friday night games and 4 or 5 Saturday Twilight games, the league will have the Hawktrotters.

Box office (brown and) gold

What makes you say this?

Humphrey is only in his second season with plenty of upside.

Rayner has 6 years of exposed form and never had a breakout game or moment.

What makes you say this?

Humphrey is only in his second season with plenty of upside.

Rayner has 6 years of exposed form and never had a breakout game or moment.

Well, sort of need to know which part you are questioning.....
Poster said we should have our first draft pick up for Humphrey - I bolded that part of his post to indicate I was responding to it.
To which I said, no - wouldn't do that.
And made the comparison that posters on this forum wouldn't trade much of anything for Rayner, hence the warm mcmuffin.

If it's about ability and why I rate Rayner higher, well, I kinda gave you some stats to start with in the post which indicate Cam has consistently outperformed Humphrey.
Then I went on to later describe where I see Humphrey's position - that of a utility, not a forward.
The main thrust of my original support for Rayner was to bring him in to supply added x factor and goals to our forward line.

If we're just talking utility, don't reckon Humphrey is in our own Cam Mackenzie's league, and our kid is next off the rank for mine in this team. And that's not just now, I think Mackenzie has him covered for their respective careers.

If you want Humphrey as an extra on ball uitlity, that's fine. I just wouldn't go near offering a first round pick for him.
Wouldn't do that for Rayner either and have previously said just that.
I like the look of a bunch of utilities/on ballers in this years draft more that we can take with our first round pick, rather than give it to Brisbane.

Re Raynor NEVER having had a breakout moment or game, I agree he's been more cameo than full box score, though he did have 25 disposals, 5 marks and 4 tackles in their win against Melbourne earlier this year.
Also kicked 3 goals in a win against Adelaide this year, 4 goals last year in a win against Collingwood in their premiership year.

Like I said, I think you're projecting Humphrey to become something special, I reckon Rayner would deliver right now far more in an area I think would spice up our side to far greater output.

I'm manifesting some random player requesting a trade to Hok.

Ala Lachie Neale to Brisbane

You know what blows my mind as well. We’ve had an atrocious tv fixture, played games in Tassie and we’re still averaging 40k a game this year.

Onwards and upwards.

Also averaging over 61,000 at the MCG this season with the Blues (80,000 plus) and Tigers to come. That’s on the back of a 54,000 average last year.

The Hollywood Hawks rate - way better than under Clarkson.

That said I would take 4.30pm Saturday and 1.10pm Sunday games at the G over Friday and Saturday Night

Do we really need anyone else… :)
Yes.

Without Day we look significantly worse, need further cover in the midfield. No one controls the ball and is able to carry it like him.

Battle will unleash Sic. Our inside 50 delivery will improve tenfold with his kicking.

Adding Battle and drafting a player like Travaglia should be the minimum this offseason. Adding Smith would just be a bonus. Players will come running after more games like yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back