B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said Big Footy wasn't educational!?

I knew there was the odd cross-over between Bernies and SKOB with the Mounts, Ryans, etc. and quite a few St Kevins lads playing at Bernies, but had no idea of the number of College kids coming from the immediate region surrounding St Bernards.

Must be my ignorant Anglican upbringing. ;)

can just see it on the curriculum. big footy 101. hmm!;)

I knew there was the odd cross-over between Bernies and SKOB with the Mounts, Ryans, etc. and quite a few St Kevins lads playing at Bernies, but had no idea of the number of College kids coming from the immediate region surrounding St Bernards.

Most of the Mounts live in Ivanhoe though! Danny, who is a champ, is back at SKOB this year & is an Essendon boy. The Essendon excuse though is weak, Xavs have a strong foothold in that area & other clubs like OM's lose a stack of players to the Blacks & Blues... Unrelated but how poor has been the coverage been on the Website this year? Your boss appears to have spent too much trying to make the VAFA a cricket competition to worry about such matters. Get on it Frase.

Haha - probably right but as a relatively new poster around here I wasn't sure if the panther was a snowdog or a carey man! From that and his seemingly intimate knowledge of SKOB I take it to be he is from the pit - if so maybe he can confirm that between all the st kev and xavier boys who played in their A grade premiership whether there was anyone who actually went to st bernards bc from his description it would appear not...

Most of the Mounts live in Ivanhoe though! Danny, who is a champ, is back at SKOB this year & is an Essendon boy. The Essendon excuse though is weak, Xavs have a strong foothold in that area & other clubs like OM's lose a stack of players to the Blacks & Blues... Unrelated but how poor has been the coverage been on the Website this year? Your boss appears to have spent too much trying to make the VAFA a cricket competition to worry about such matters. Get on it Frase.

Just help me out on the relevance of the OM's, Blacks and Blues situation with the SKOB and Bernard's issue you believe exists Panther - if anything I would have thought the fact many of those boys would be living at college at Melb Uni and hence be geographically closer to the Uni clubs would only support the argument that geography is a deciding factor in where blokes play and not evidence of so called cliques ....

I am loving the discussion on this board, SKOBS here, Scotchies on A Grade board. Very similar.

Looking foward to this weekend with 1 v 2 (OI and Blacks), SKOB v Oakleigh and Rovers v Bernies. I think this might sort out the chaff (not sure if thats how u spell it) from the wheat.

My tip is we will have a new ladder leader at the end of the round

Sorry guy's, been away locking down a budget.

Again great to see Nil reports for B Grade, however based on a couple of PM discussion from another district club, we see that, not 1 or 2, but 3 Oakleigh U18 players have been reported and as correctly pointed out the Presidents are also responsible for these players as well, so HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS for the update in the morning - there could be a change at the bottom.

Like the budget I'm sure it will keep us all awake.

Cardio Carl's Cabernet Awards

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 OLD IVANHOE
0 OAKLEIGH
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

# weeks handed down to player suspensions from the tribunal

I am loving the discussion on this board, SKOBS here, Scotchies on A Grade board. Very similar.

Looking foward to this weekend with 1 v 2 (OI and Blacks), SKOB v Oakleigh and Rovers v Bernies. I think this might sort out the chaff (not sure if thats how u spell it) from the wheat.

My tip is we will have a new ladder leader at the end of the round

My tip is that your the reincarnate of VAFAFAN

And yes it has been a great discussion, however very confusing who is backing who and what club.

BS, any chance of wacking together an Executive Summary so we can all understand the dialogue.

Just help me out on the relevance of the OM's, Blacks and Blues situation with the SKOB and Bernard's issue you believe exists Panther - if anything I would have thought the fact many of those boys would be living at college at Melb Uni and hence be geographically closer to the Uni clubs would only support the argument that geography is a deciding factor in where blokes play and not evidence of so called cliques ....

The geography issue is a weak excuse.

Old Xavs has kids from allover the shop, a lot of Essendon boys too. Why aren't they playing for Bernards?

There is an absolute stack of Essendon boys playing at SKOB, i.e. the O'Roukes, Trewin, Danny Mount, Gibbs, Maguire, etc, etc. Do kids exclusively live in a particular area (i.e. Essendon) as the get older?

Not from the Pit at all plumber, I've dualed against Chris Griffen many times before.

Sorry guy's, been away locking down a budget.

Again great to see Nil reports for B Grade, however based on a couple of PM discussion from another district club, we see that, not 1 or 2, but 3 Oakleigh U18 players have been reported and as correctly pointed out the Presidents are also responsible for these players as well, so HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS for the update in the morning - there could be a change at the bottom.

there under 18s are a rable at the best of times, seen them play plenty of times and they are basically just a bunch of bullies. They won the Under18 comp last year due to the fact that the standard was well below that of South 2 and North 2 and they prob had the potential to be competitive in the 19s but took the weaker option...what does this say about the future strength of Oakleigh....i can only see them going down

The geography issue is a weak excuse.

Old Xavs has kids from allover the shop, a lot of Essendon boys too. Why aren't they playing for Bernards?

There is an absolute stack of Essendon boys playing at SKOB, i.e. the O'Roukes, Trewin, Danny Mount, Gibbs, Maguire, etc, etc. Do kids exclusively live in a particular area (i.e. Essendon) as the get older?

Not from the Pit at all plumber, I've dualed against Chris Griffen many times before.

ala Carey V Jakovich no doubt.

Im kinda confused what the argument/discussion is about. Yeah there are plenty that go to Skevs that play at Bernards and vice versa. Its really just the way it is. Blokes play with their mates. With our junior program which is arguably one of the biggest in the state, guys play their juniors down at the pit then go and play school (ala Libba and Wallis at Skevs now), whether they return or not is mixed and varied (i expect libba and wallis to play at the dogs next year- St Bernards that is haha).

2002 had 1x Xav and 4/5x skevs with obviously the majority coming from Bernards.

there under 18s are a rable at the best of times, seen them play plenty of times and they are basically just a bunch of bullies. They won the Under18 comp last year due to the fact that the standard was well below that of South 2 and North 2 and they prob had the potential to be competitive in the 19s but took the weaker option...what does this say about the future strength of Oakleigh....i can only see them going down

Oakleigh have enjoyed a meteoric rise on the back of hard work and canny recruiting. Some great people at that club but I absolutely agree with your comments about their U18s. They started 2009 with an U19 team in South 1 but after copping a few heavy defeats they took the soft option and withdraw. The beneficiary was their U18 side who were now full of U19s. Predictably they then dominated a weak competition. This decision might bite the club in years to come.

Oakleigh have enjoyed a meteoric rise on the back of hard work and canny recruiting. Some great people at that club but I absolutely agree with your comments about their U18s. They started 2009 with an U19 team in South 1 but after copping a few heavy defeats they took the soft option and withdraw. The beneficiary was their U18 side who were now full of U19s. Predictably they then dominated a weak competition. This decision might bite the club in years to come.

Chaps, not on committee at Oakleigh, so just speaking as a supporter however I think it's fair to say as any Club rises up the grades some aspects of the club will struggle to keep up. Decisions are made based on the challenges that the club sets for itself at the start of the year. In 2010 we are fielding an U19s (South 2) and an Under 18s and both are travelling okay (3/1) at the moment but it is early days. Of course these extra teams stretch the Club administratively and player-wise however we seem to be on the right track.

Chaps, not on committee at Oakleigh, so just speaking as a supporter however I think it's fair to say as any Club rises up the grades some aspects of the club will struggle to keep up. Decisions are made based on the challenges that the club sets for itself at the start of the year. In 2010 we are fielding an U19s (South 2) and an Under 18s and both are travelling okay (3/1) at the moment but it is early days. Of course these extra teams stretch the Club administratively and player-wise however we seem to be on the right track.

the direction this year is much better, but last year was a weak one when they had good numbers but chose to compete and in turn dominate a much weaker competition then bettering themselves and challenging South 2. Maybe once the discipline issue are fixed then they can start gaining some respect....something like 5 yellow cards on saturday think they may have even been more, think the captain received one aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cardio,

I'm a little confused, did the person who PM'd you say the Presidents are responsible for U18s going to the Tribunal? In descending order - aren't the players themselves, then their possibly coaches, and (at last resort) the Committee responsible in some minor way?

I appreciate you trying to create a ladder which lists players from clubs getting weeks at the Tribunal, but fail to see the point of the whole exercise.

Things like melees (which are usually dealt with by way of fines) are more reflective of a club culture than individual acts of violence which end up in players getting reported and/or suspended. The fact that fines are issued against the club and not the individual properly reflects where the responsibility lies.

If coaches are alleged to be inciting players to commit acts of violence, then there are sanctions available for that type of conduct as well, such as suspension of the individual from participating on match-day.

You don't suspend Presidents unless they themselves have been involved in some sort of biffo, do you?

Seems an odd approach by you Cardio, and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. :confused:

Cheers

Frase

My tip is that your the reincarnate of VAFAFAN

And yes it has been a great discussion, however very confusing who is backing who and what club.

BS, any chance of wacking together an Executive Summary so we can all understand the dialogue.
Carl, who stole the golden cross? Now they're talking about pouring a slab around you.....

This whole thing started when The Panther (who is either ex St Kev's or a fellow Catholic or even a Scotchie) slagged off at St Kevin's and the quality of person we are as individuals and as a club, all because a very good Old Carey, who beat Blacks also, touched up the SKOBBERS on Saturday. I didn't realise any club had a God given right to go through the season undefeated, and I didn't agree or appreciate his comments re our President or committee or our players, parents and culture.

Our club has worked it's arse off for a very long time and just because we are in Premier B doesnt mean we are shit. A very narrow minded, ill informed and immature rant. He also ranted that our lads go to St Bernards footy club blah blah blah.

The simple fact is that the Snowdogs and SKOB boys would be the first ones to stick up for each other in a street brawl or pub fight, as a lot of us went to school together either early doors or later in secondary school, and some choose to play at the others club. The St Bernards President is the brother of the SKOB president from the last 3 years, so herein is my point. This also results in a great rivalry on field, where we play for the 'JOC' named after a great St Kevin's and St Bernards man.

WOW 2&2&6 for Mr Krusher - ouch!

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS
10 OAKLEIGH

Schoolboys 0
District 20

we could, but we won't

Frase, just trying to find a vehicle to recognise the Presidents, so apart from putting on the best Presidential lunch or cleanest windows etc felt that this is more even and really upholds the clubs cred especially for young kids coming into Ammo footy (well, perhaps not for those behind the bowling green on North Rd at the minute)

Cheers

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS
10 OAKLEIGH

Schoolboys 0
District 20

light on Frase?

Think SKOB should be on the board for FORGERY!

THE EYE

:eek:

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS
10 OAKLEIGH

Schoolboys 0
District 20

we could, but we won't

Frase, just trying to find a vehicle to recognise the Presidents, so apart from putting on the best Presidential lunch or cleanest windows etc felt that this is more even and really upholds the clubs cred especially for young kids coming into Ammo footy (well, perhaps not for those behind the bowling green on North Rd at the minute)

Cheers

Does district mean they didnt go to school at all???

Carl, who stole the golden cross? Now they're talking about pouring a slab around you.....

This whole thing started when The Panther (who is either ex St Kev's or a fellow Catholic or even a Scotchie) slagged off at St Kevin's and the quality of person we are as individuals and as a club, all because a very good Old Carey, who beat Blacks also, touched up the SKOBBERS on Saturday. I didn't realise any club had a God given right to go through the season undefeated, and I didn't agree or appreciate his comments re our President or committee or our players, parents and culture.

Our club has worked it's arse off for a very long time and just because we are in Premier B doesnt mean we are shit. A very narrow minded, ill informed and immature rant. He also ranted that our lads go to St Bernards footy club blah blah blah.

The simple fact is that the Snowdogs and SKOB boys would be the first ones to stick up for each other in a street brawl or pub fight, as a lot of us went to school together either early doors or later in secondary school, and some choose to play at the others club. The St Bernards President is the brother of the SKOB president from the last 3 years, so herein is my point. This also results in a great rivalry on field, where we play for the 'JOC' named after a great St Kevin's and St Bernards man.

Right then, so is the first time someone has attacked your club(s), move on old boy or all that nice silver hair will fall out.

Yes your president is a fine upstanding man (well, in daylight hours anyway) and another great president always said to me, ' Carl, its bloody hard to win a premiership and go up a grade, but its even HARDER TO STAY THERE'

#Club

0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS
10 OAKLEIGH
FAIL- ST KEVINS CATHOLIC SCHOOL -St Kevins charged with misconduct in that its Premier B Thirds teamsheet from the May 1 match against Whitefriars had multiple forged signatures.

Schoolboys 0
District 20

OTHER MISDEMEANOURS (as noted above, White Collar).

suggested BF penalty, removal of Director of Football - 7 weeks, forced to teach students how to pass the NAPLAN.

Total
Schoolboys from Catholic School in SE Subs - 7 weeks detention
Angelic Schoolboys from all other areas - 0 weeks.
Roughnut Truants - who struggle to hold a pen let alone do a signature - 0 weeks.

Well someone had to do it since CC won't.

#Club

0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
10 HAMPTON ROVERS
10 OAKLEIGH
FAIL- ST KEVINS CATHOLIC SCHOOL -St Kevins charged with misconduct in that its Premier B Thirds teamsheet from the May 1 match against Whitefriars had multiple forged signatures.

Schoolboys 0
District 20

OTHER MISDEMEANOURS (as noted above, White Collar).

suggested BF penalty, removal of Director of Football - 7 weeks, forced to teach students how to pass the NAPLAN.

Total
Schoolboys from Catholic School in SE Subs - 7 weeks detention
Angelic Schoolboys from all other areas - 0 weeks.
Roughnut Truants - who struggle to hold a pen let alone do a signature - 0 weeks.

Well someone had to do it since CC won't.
So Nathan Brown was caught out as Thomas and Greg Tivendale as Tom Mc Cann, no biggy, well worth the match practice!!! BTW, the thirds team manager is a St Bernards Old Boy!!!!!!!!! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back