B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the unicorns.

Great win by O Ivanhoe at the Uni in a high standard and entertaining game. Great job by both umpires.

From what i am told, watch out for Carey, coming hard and coming now.

Love the ladder in B grade. 2 games separate 1 from 8. Just goes to show its a very even comp this year.

PS Go hawks tomorrow

Oakleigh have enjoyed a meteoric rise on the back of hard work and canny recruiting. Some great people at that club but I absolutely agree with your comments about their U18s. They started 2009 with an U19 team in South 1 but after copping a few heavy defeats they took the soft option and withdraw. The beneficiary was their U18 side who were now full of U19s. Predictably they then dominated a weak competition. This decision might bite the club in years to come.

having played oakleigh u19s in 08 and 09 i can set this little story straight. 08 we won once played with 15 every game finished bottom with a % of about 15 in south 1, for some reason we still stayed in south 1 for the 09 season. in pre season we were going to have only a 19s team, then the majority of our players were eligable for the 18s comp so the club decided to run the two teams the 18s had about 19 kids and the 19s 17. the plan was for us to recruit friends or for so 18s to double up. this ended up not working as the 19s lost players through injury and the 18s were winning and playing 19s was a danger to them in terms of getting injured, so after round 4 the 19s folded and we either quit or played reserves. none of the 19s boys played down cos our club never let us. and saying the 18s were weak for playing in they're age group is rediculous

Good win by the Rovers on the weekend, coming off a 10 goal last qtr against Uni Blacks and to open with a 9 goal qtr against St Bernards was very handy. Log jam on 12 points on the ladder, will be a tough game this week against Carey out there who are clearly flying.

Had lunch with a well respected VAFA official today, he expects MHSOB to go through winless this year, when was the last time this happened in B grade?

We are looking forward to bringing the carey fairies back to reality tomorrow, is there a harder away game than the badlands?

Lappas, how do you know I'm not you posting on here, I'm a proud OH man through and through and through.

Tips
Oakleigh,
Us,
OEG,
Rovers in the Bogan Cup
University.

A well respected VAFA official - surely that is an oxymoron if ever I have heard one!!!!

Would have thought that he should be more interested in fixing some of the issues the VAFA have created over the summer (the thirds comp for one) rather than speculate whether a club will go from Premier B to Premier C (that is B grade to C grade for those of you have followed VAFA footy for the past 108 years).

Of course if he predicts they will do the double drop we may need him to explain how a club can be relegated from Premier C to Division 1 – surely one of the most confusing and embarrassing things to have to explain to people outside the ammos about our great comp....

Good Afternoon All,

I'll skip the usual of 'long time reader, first time poster' rubbish.

I've read much about all the clubs on here and what everyone have to say. I thought it was about time that our boys were supported.

Basically, I've enjoyed being involved in a club who are sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

Here's a song i wrote for you all!

Oh Weatherley, Oh Weatherley, who is going to stop you Oh Weatherley!!

I've already booked my ticket to the last weekend in September (as they say).

I look forward to seeing you at the next game.

Good Afternoon All,

I've read much about all the clubs on here and what everyone have to say. I thought it was about time that our boys were supported.

Basically, I've enjoyed being involved in a club who are sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

Woodsy gave this bloke a bath! Very early to start spruiking Hoe - anyhow lets hope this post doesn't come back to bite you and your club on the @rse!

Good Afternoon All,

Ivan, the boys from Pine Lodge are already well represened by the man with the best tips/bowl-cut combo in the game. Unfortunately he's been too busy lobbying Mobbenfuhrer to change his user name to 'Destination Premier' that he has been unable to spruik the electrifying start that has you sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

Ivan, the boys from Pine Lodge are already well represened by the man with the best tips/bowl-cut combo in the game. Unfortunately he's been too busy lobbying Mobbenfuhrer to change his user name to 'Destination Premier' that he has been unable to spruik the electrifying start that has you sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

MHG is not MHS, GOI is not OH, GOI = VA, ITH is not OI, signed HR

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Another "Novice" pin head.

Destination Premier doesn't resinate as well as Destination A Grade. If we get back to the Big Show next year, the said player will be running for the CEO job just to have the name changed back to A Grade.
His second duty will be to remove umpire appreciation days. As no umpire appreciates his talents.

Angela, i hope you are referring to HR as Human Resources and not Hampton Rovers because your past history of investigative work has, lets say been rather poor. You need to lift to get some sort of credibility on here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cardio Carl's Cabernet Awards

OI, 3 for the dirty slipper in the magoo's!

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
3 OLD IVANHOE
10 OAKLEIGH
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

# weeks handed down to player suspensions from the tribunal

OI, 3 for the dirty slipper in the magoo's!

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
3 OLD IVANHOE
10 OAKLEIGH
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

Not sure that the Ivanhoe merger went through.

Apologies to Howgood and Zeegmeister, only thing old are my eyes.

Status Quo, with the district sides @ 10 weeks each

Play On!

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
0 OLD IVANHOE
10 OAKLEIGH
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

Play On!

#Club

0 ST KEVINS
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
0 OLD IVANHOE
10 OAKLEIGH
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

Cardio you gave me a Cardio.

Still need to consider 4 Points for St.Kevins for the 4 points they lost after forging a Team Sheet.

PS Leigh Carlson taking on the Marcellin job. Toughest gig in VAFA.

Play On!

#Club

0 OLD IVANHOE
0 UNI BLACKS
0 ST BERNARDS
0 OLD HAILEYBURY
0 OLD CAREY
0 OLD ESSENDON
0 MHSOB
4 SKOBS
10 OAKLEIGH
10 HAMPTON ROVERS

Still need to consider 4 Points for St.Kevins for the 4 points they lost after forging a Team Sheet.

Have to agree with ya there Max, that is definitely the responsibility of the President - 4pts.

Have to agree with ya there Max, that is definitely the responsibility of the President - 4pts.

If your being really accrurate SKOB actually lost the points in rnd 1 as well after one of the 19 kids hadnt registered.

ps Dont really think that admin errors can be considered the same as violence but anyways.

my tips:

Blacks...Im keeping the faith
Bernards....Although its great to see High showing something
SKOB.....OEG will bounce back but reckon the boys will have enough
OI.....new premiership favs and well deserved
OC....Very talented side.

give the premiership to Old Ivanhoe...cant see many teams beating them (bar a fully fit blacks) Cant help but think if they do win it, they'll be back in Two Years anyway? Too many B-Grade teams are like a yo-yo in terms of playing A-Grade up and down up and down

If your being really accrurate SKOB actually lost the points in rnd 1 as well after one of the 19 kids hadnt registered.

ps Dont really think that admin errors can be considered the same as violence but anyways.

my tips:

Blacks...Im keeping the faith
Bernards....Although its great to see High showing something
SKOB.....OEG will bounce back but reckon the boys will have enough
OI.....new premiership favs and well deserved
OC....Very talented side.

Old Carey v Hampton Rovers - hopefully a couple more inclusions will help against a team running hot.
Old Ivanhoe v Old Haileybury - tend to agree with MIO
Old Essendon v St Kevins - SKOBS mids to cut OEG apart
St Bernards v MHSOB - Hard to beat at the Pit, but even more so after a loss the week prior!
Oakleigh v University Blacks - I think Oakleigh will go close at home, Blacks just - stop Bromely and Oakleigh will lose!

OC - Parton could tip OC to favourites
OI - Must keep the Vossmister quite
OE - Mids aren't OE's problem, its their Spine. Flaherty has been their only shining light. OE maybe bit too tall St.K.
St. Bern - The two MHSOB Ho's won't be enough
Oak - No Bolton No UBlacks?

MIO - Different loss of points for St. Kev. refer VAFA Tribunal Hearing. Wasn't an unregistered player that caused the loss of points in this case.

Who cares about Cardios list, it's a crock of shit!
More importantly, where is Over The Posts updated list of picks?
Max, Parton is no good either, living on reputation of deeds 10 years ago.

Tips:
SKOB with Chard back
Carey at home
OI
St B
Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back