B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from a MAAAASSIVE night on the sauce, picked up, put her away, pissed her off!
What a grand day it was yesterday when we gave the Hoes a football lesson, with the old firm of Ford, 'Eye' and Vossy smashing an ordinary OI outfit. And to finish it off the Dons beat a very poor side in Richmond...Premier A here we come!
We don't really need insights into your social life thanks GOI, I think your getting a bit ahead of yourself as well, with the comp so even you cannot say you will make the finals 7 games into the season, let alone A grade next year. Pull your head in

So what you are saying is that you will finish bottom again this year like last year? You are an idiot, what gives you the right to act elitist when you guys can't even beat an egg? 99% of my posts I am taking the piss and having fun, whereas you my friend are conceited. The road to Premier C is south I believe.

b1007.gif

Sorry about the delay guys, stupid hours at work.

B Section is proving amazingly hard as usual, MurphysLaw gets a special mention and a special colour as the only person ever to tip 0 winners in a round.

So what you are saying is that you will finish bottom again this year like last year? You are an idiot, what gives you the right to act elitist when you guys can't even beat an egg? 99% of my posts I am taking the piss and having fun, whereas you my friend are conceited. The road to Premier C is south I believe.

I would have to agree with GOI here. Kid Boga is an idiot and does OEG no favours when posting in this forum. I think every post from Kid Boga should be followed with 'The views in this post are those of the author and not necessarily those of the club.'

Given two rounds of selections OTP, will be away until late next Friday and wouldn't want to forget putting my round 9 tips in.

Round 8

Old Ivanhoe v Old Essendon - Premiership Favourite to continue on.
Old Haileybury v Oakleigh - Toss of the coin, OH by a whisker
MHSOB v Old Carey - Carey too big & strong and will bounce back
Uni Blacks v St Bernards - Only home ground advantage, close game i think
St Kevins v Hampton Rovers - playing good footy, few to come back in which will add class.

Round 9

Hampton Rovers v MHSOB - MHSOB coming good, (might) get exposed on the big ground
Old Essendon v Old Haileybury - throw in an upset to try to get a tip up on a few of the other fella's
St Bernards v Old Carey - The Pit reason for selection
St Kevins v Uni Blacks - Mids to run over the top of Uni
Oakleigh v Old Ivanhoe - Too big, Krusher backs will find it hard to stop them

If someone at OC can step up and kick some goals for the team or the committee can go and grab a forward from somewhere asap they could become force in the back half of the season. With a tight ladder they could easily wedge their way into finals actions

With one of the best back-lines going around in Premier B its just a pity they cannot dominate inside their forward 50,

If someone at OC can step up and kick some goals for the team or the committee can go and grab a forward from somewhere asap they could become force in the back half of the season. With a tight ladder they could easily wedge their way into finals actions

With one of the best back-lines going around in Premier B its just a pity they cannot dominate inside their forward 50,

Reid isn't a bad forward when the delivery is good. Not sure if i agree they have the best back line in B grade, however i do agree they are a very good team - a lot of solid big fella's running around for them!!! They do use Howatt & Rowe massively coming out of their defence, not sure anyone else rebounded apart from those two when we played them.

Reid isn't a bad forward when the delivery is good. Not sure if i agree they have the best back line in B grade, however i do agree they are a very good team - a lot of solid big fella's running around for them!!! They do use Howatt & Rowe massively coming out of their defence, not sure anyone else rebounded apart from those two when we played them.

Its not the rebounding that make a great defence, rather the structure & discipline. What I have seen they are well drilled and win most contests in their back 50.

Also as fact they are the 2nd best back-line in B grade based on points conceded (not bad for the 3rd worst team).

Reid is not consistent and the small forwards fail to pick up the pieces when required.

Given two rounds of selections OTP, will be away until late next Friday and wouldn't want to forget putting my round 9 tips in.

Round 8

Old Ivanhoe v Old Essendon - Premiership Favourite to continue on.
Old Haileybury v Oakleigh - Toss of the coin, OH by a whisker
MHSOB v Old Carey - Carey too big & strong and will bounce back
Uni Blacks v St Bernards - Only home ground advantage, close game i think
St Kevins v Hampton Rovers - playing good footy, few to come back in which will add class.

Round 9

Hampton Rovers v MHSOB - MHSOB coming good, (might) get exposed on the big ground
Old Essendon v Old Haileybury - throw in an upset to try to get a tip up on a few of the other fella's
St Bernards v Old Carey - The Pit reason for selection
St Kevins v Uni Blacks - Mids to run over the top of Uni
Oakleigh v Old Ivanhoe - Too big, Krusher backs will find it hard to stop them

Round 8

Old Ivanhoe v Old Essendon - Obviously
Old Haileybury v Oakleigh - Just got a feeling
MHSOB v Old Carey - Carey too big ,too strong and too good
Uni Blacks v St Bernards - Will win at home
St Kevins v Hampton Rovers - Inspired by the great mahn's 200th

Ha Ha good post

Its not the rebounding that make a great defence, rather the structure & discipline. What I have seen they are well drilled and win most contests in their back 50.

Also as fact they are the 2nd best back-line in B grade based on points conceded (not bad for the 3rd worst team).

Reid is not consistent and the small forwards fail to pick up the pieces when required.

Would agree with you there. But the small forwards have kicked most of the goals. When they have been putting fwd 50 pressure thats when they play there best eg against skobs and hail.

Your right again i am a little bit conceited, so what.I am having fun too, getting u blokes going.We are not in C section yet and may get out of this rather temporary position.
I have never said i represent the OEG club but i believe in free speech and contribute quite few issues that people do not like to discuss.
Think about this one"the dogs bark but the caravan moves on"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very insightful kid boga

righto, now that a bit of footy has been played, lets all have a go at the following, and see who has the best footy brain come the end of the year....

1) top 4, and premier
2) top 3 league b&f (and smoky)
3) top 3 goalkickers

i will kick things off

1) uni B, ivanhoe, skob, haileybury. premier = uni B
2) B.Voss (OH), C. Howat (OC), McQueen-Misgamble (OC) smoky = T Simpson (SKOB)
3) O.Weatherley (OI), D.Corp (HR), T.Bromley (Oak)

Like where u are going with this Joe. But can i ask for those of us who are more casual observers of B Grade Amos, can we also include the number of the player for top 3 b&f and goalkickers.

As a self proclaimed casual observer, my current predictions are:

Top 4: Blacks, Carey, OI, SKOB. Premier = To close to call
B&F: The little bloke from OI Stew? (number 6 i think he is)
Goalkickers: Bromley, Weatherly, Ford

And yes i didnt put the numbers cause i didnt have a record to use.

Like where u are going with this Joe. But can i ask for those of us who are more casual observers of B Grade Amos, can we also include the number of the player for top 3 b&f and goalkickers.

As a self proclaimed casual observer, my current predictions are:

Top 4: Blacks, Carey, OI, SKOB. Premier = To close to call
B&F: The little bloke from OI Stew? (number 6 i think he is)
Goalkickers: Bromley, Weatherly, Ford

And yes i didnt put the numbers cause i didnt have a record to use.

Amofootyfan
B&F - The original VAFA Stewart Low

My tip for B&F - OI No. 3 Scott Curatolo

For what it is worth, the below are my predictions.

Top 4: Old Ivanhoe, SKOBS, Uni Blacks, Hampton Rovers (Biased i know).
Premier = Old Ivanhoe
B&F: Brett Voss
Goalkickers: Weatherley, Corp, Bromley (unless he is one of the ones heading to the World Cup)

Tips
OI - easily at home
OH - in a very tight game, Voss to be the difference
OC - back on the winners list by plenty
UNI - only because its at home
Skob- to continue their unbeaten run at the "Castle"

Predictions:
Top 4 - OI,UB,Skob,Carey Premier - OI to Beat Skob in the GF

BnF - Coughlan. Smokey - L McQueen

Leading Goal Kicker - Weatherly

Good to see a 51 game AFL player selected into the Senior squad for the Big V, must have been an oversight.

OI just over PEGS.
MHSOB to salute again.
OH
SKOB
St Bernards

Top 4
OH
SKOB
OI
HR

B and F Mark Coughlan, any body else and you are pissing into the wind.
Leading goals. Big Owen.

Good to see a 51 game AFL player selected into the Senior squad for the Big V, must have been an oversight.

OI just over PEGS.
MHSOB to salute again.
OH
SKOB
St Bernards

Top 4
OH
SKOB
OI
HR

B and F Mark Coughlan, any body else and you are pissing into the wind.
Leading goals. Big Owen.

whos that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back