Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Im keen to see how he actually goes in Geelongs midfield- and is that where he will actually play? I’m definitely not all over his playing style but I struggle to see him as a ball winner and more a running player/ winger. Surely if he’s capable as a full time mid then goin by his early career form the Dogs have completely mismanaged him.. is this the case?
bontempelli, macrae and libba kept him out, i wouldn't call that mismanagement

Posters: “Pick 17 is the best you’re going to get, maybe a later pick with it - that’s better than walking him to the draft and getting nothing”.

….

Same posters: “LOLS SAMMY POWER GOT BENT OVER / HERES A PHOTO OF LUBE”.

I’d suggest some of you listen to the Connors interview on SEN this morning and start to get some sense around it all, because right now, you sound like moronic bogans.

Posters: “Pick 17 is the best you’re going to get, maybe a later pick with it - that’s better than walking him to the draft and getting nothing”.

….

I’d suggest some of you listen to the Connors interview on SEN this morning and start to get some sense around it all, because right now, you sound like moronic bogans.

Both things can be true if he's posturing about a top 10 pick that was never gonna happen. Do the trade in the first week and you might have been able to on-trade for something you wanted.

Both things can be true if he's posturing about a top 10 pick that was never gonna happen. Do the trade in the first week and you might have been able to on-trade for something you wanted.

Power got less than he wanted and Mackie gave up more than he wanted. Connors literally admitted to walking in the room and asking Geelong to give up more. He also talked up Power very highly on two occasions.

It’s a trade that finally somewhat found some middle ground.

….

I would argue you got worse than what the posters were saying. It just a minor late pick upgrade, not even a late pick.

Deals done.

It's time Cat's supporters to talk up your adonis-like superstar.

It's time Dog's supporters to talk down on this broken down white powder loving spud.
I don't know about you but even though there's no fixture yet I don't know where our next loss will come from.
We may actually never lose again now.

Geelong didn't agree to a (effectively) 2 pick draft slide to placate the raging bull Sam Power.

We did it to help out the Saints, so they could throw a bone to the Dogs for Macrae.

Helping out the little people like St Kilda and Footscray.

It's just the sort of club we are. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power got less than he wanted and Mackie gave up more than he wanted. Connors literally admitted to walking in the room and asking Geelong to give up more. He also talked up Power very highly on two occasions.

It’s a trade that finally somewhat found some middle ground.

It took 9 days to close on a 2 pick slide? Yeah because that's believable.

Frankly Connors is full of horseshit (hes good at his job but hes still lying on this ocassion)and just putting out prepared lines for PR purposes-most smart people can see that. It's all manufactured.

Just saw a photo of him in his Geelong kit and I don't know why but the hoops do not suit at all! Haha 😂
Wait until round 1. He'll have snorted the white lines on the jumper.

It took 9 days to close on a 2 pick slide? Yeah because that's believable.

Frankly Connors is full of horseshit (hes good at his job but hes still lying on this ocassion)and just putting out prepared lines for PR purposes-most smart people can see that. It's all manufactured.

Do you really think that the cats weren’t looking at other options too? Or do you think they sat back for 9 days and sat on pick 17?

The afl want the final day to be chaotic also. All part of the plan. I can only go off what Connors said. Power is a gun at what he does and he went in and told Geelong to offer more as we were so busy with other deals.

I think that’s more believable than idiots on a forum showing photos of lube.

Do you really think that the cats weren’t looking at other options too? Or do you think they sat back for 9 days and sat on pick 17?

The afl want the final day to be chaotic also. All part of the plan. I can only go off what Connors said. Power is a gun at what he does and he went in and told Geelong to offer more as we were so busy with other deals.

I think that’s more believable than idiots on a forum showing photos of lube.
You only have to watch the fox coverage of the event on the lead up. An hour of Mackie sitting in a room looking at his phone with the odd chat with Connors.
Deal was nutted out weeks ago

Im keen to see how he actually goes in Geelongs midfield- and is that where he will actually play? I’m definitely not all over his playing style but I struggle to see him as a ball winner and more a running player/ winger. Surely if he’s capable as a full time mid then goin by his early career form the Dogs have completely mismanaged him.. is this the case?
I cannot wait until Easter Monday to see him running down the MCG flanks, burning past slow plodders like Newcombe and Worpel.

Okay, okay... in all seriousness (yes, I know it's not the Bay I just got carried away with excitement) only time will tell how he'll fit in.

My position right here and now is that Bailey, in all likeliehood, has more talent than whoever Geelong would have picked at 17.

So, as we are at this moment in time, Geelong made the right call. If Bailey gets back to his '21 finals form, then look out! Here's hoping he can!

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back