Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us taking Crowley. Dimma doesn't play pure taggers and that's what he is.

Bell won't come to us. Going home for family reasons.

Time to pack up this thread and get a draft thread going.

Wouldn't surprise me if the club traded pick 12 for yarran and 21 or whatever the blues second round pick is. That allows them to take dunkley who is probably not a pick 12. Still that's a big chance.

I know that right up until Brownlow night we were ringing GWS and asking if a deal had been done with Pies on Treloar, as was being suggested.

If there is any possibility of his trade to Collingwood falling over, and we are said to be out of the race, that does invite the inference that we are doozy-focused. We liked him so much, that for us to give up altogether, without an alternative target, makes no sense

Yep my thinking too. Or maybe were just so hurt he rejected us that we're having a massive cry.

That sounds horrible to me. Horrible. And a downright embarassment given the publicity we have caused through the trade period so far.

We told everyone we have a war chest.
We went to the AFL and complained about why Treloar didnt pick us.
We had Bennell on pingers instead of doing a medical.
We publically announced we were going to be aggressive.
'War Chest' is a media term, not ours. LOL at us having Bennell on pingers.

To be fair, the has club tried to recruit a few players so far but it's their career and their choice, for the most part.

Just about all of the spin of who we've been trying to target seems to come from this thread, not the club. Just saying.

What makes me sick is Carlton will get Aish for nothing in the PSD just cause Brisbane wants to make a stand. Those pricks always get kissed on the dick.
They do? How so? Like Daisy kissed on the dick? Because that's pretty well backfired on them. So did getting Judd.

Jacob Ballard a slightly surprising Freo delist. Averaged 27.7 possessions (many of them contested) in WAFL this year, finished top 3 in Freo's 3km.

187, 90kg
Originally from Warrandyte

I'd not throw toys if he was rookied
As someone born and raised in Warrandyte - I would love for this to happen! By all accounts a ripper kid!

To be fair, the has club tried to recruit a few players so far but it's their career and their choice, for the most part.

Just about all of the spin of who we've been trying to target seems to come from this thread, not the club. Just saying.

From the Club website:

“Last year, post-season, we copped a bit of flak. People wondered whether we were accepting mediocrity . . . are we doing enough to improve our list, are we happy with where we’re at,” Gale said.

“Well, we’re not. But we made a decision that the draft last year was very, very strong.

“So we wanted to remain in that draft, and we think in three or four years’ time we’ll see the fruits of that.

“This year, it was always our intention, forecasting forward, to be a little more active.

“We’ve been in the market for a few players and, at this stage, it probably hasn’t worked out the way we wanted.

“But, make no bones, we are working very, very hard.

“As I said, we’ve got a brutal approach to where we’re at in terms of our list, and we’re working very, very hard to address those needs. And, we’ll continue to do so.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what publicity? it's the Media giving us publicity not RFC!!!!

Brendon Gale on SEN.
We have gone public in our interest in Treloar, Bennell, Hannerbury, Yarran, Dangerfield (early on)... and failed, well not Yarran, but l dont give a **** about him.

i love this time of year(i was on trade radio today) and i love the banter that goes with it,but sometimes as fellow richmond tragics do we need to eat our own by getting personal with each other.it just feeds the supporters from other clubs we have gone thru to much and theres already enough people trying to snipe us as it is.

There's not much else to say. Our recruiters were cocky and boasted about landing all these players and every single one of them hasn't worked. Treloar was a 'monty' to join Richmond according to our side, but he picked Collingwood. We failed at signing Hartlett (thank god), Hannebury, Motlop, Bennell, Shiel, all for different reasons.

I don't want to say the 'D' word, but for the club to withdraw interest and accept so many rejections, it's either a/got something up their sleeve or b/are going to fire some people.

I think a reasonable result without being spectacular would be landing Yarran, picking up Johnson and Crowley, small deals too... plus retain Lennon and giving Carlton pick 12 could work okay if we got their pick 21 and possibly another player on the move like Bell? A big bodied midfielder with some upside.

Typical, typical, typical. Promising so much and delivering so little. This trade period is crucial for us. Judging by the article on AFL.com, the Lennon contract stalemate is the clubs doing. If we lose him, we simply MUST land a gun. Otherwise the s*** will hit the fan and I think the board should start asking some serious questions of old mate blair.

Bottom line is this.
Our list management team is good.
We haven't lost any quality players to opposition clubs, even though I am now resigned to the fact that we will lose Lennon.
Our recruiting of other players however, is pretty poor and has been for the last 3 years. For whatever reason, we can't get these deals done even though we have publically come out declaring our intentions for players. Treloar, Shiel, Hannerbery, Hartlett, Bennell and whoever else.
Is there a reason they aren't choosing us apart from money? If so, what is it? Let's address it and fix it.
If it is money, well then who from our club is taking up all this space in the cap? If we can't afford to/don't want to pay slightly overs, then we will just have to settle for bringing in average talent.
I will throw up if Collingwood overtake us next year on the back of their recruiting this season.
This is the most crucial period of the season in my opinion.
I look forward to seeing whether we be bold and at least attempt to take that next step, or stagnate.
Interesting times.
If we lose Lennon and only gain Yarran, I'll throw up.
Do something Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back