Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on another site someone copied over something from tigers supporters group from "James brown" claiming can't name the player , but will be our biggest name recruit ever , or words to that effect ! Didn't want to name him as would get in trouble etc etc

heard on trade radio today we have one of if not the best retention in the league - so players want to stay which says the environment is good, just need to land a couple

Bring him in on a play per game and min wage. Play him for two games only - Nth Melb both times and once if we face off in the finals again

Thats it, job done will go down as one of the all time greats at Punt Rd

If that Macaffer bloke gets a game the next time we play Collingwood I'd play Crowley to drop him every time he went near Cotch. Thing is Crowley would do it.

If that Macaffer bloke gets a game the next time we play Collingwood I'd play Crowley to drop him every time he went near Cotch. Thing is Crowley would do it.

We would call this a "success fee" or a "bonus fee"...let him sit the next 6 weeks out, freshen up.

Just saw on another site someone copied over something from tigers supporters group from "James brown" claiming can't name the player , but will be our biggest name recruit ever , or words to that effect ! Didn't want to name him as would get in trouble etc etc

Was re-posted on here a few pages back. Or a few hours back. or a few days back. Or a few weeks back.
They all merge into one.

I probably wouldn't be in favour of recruiting stevie J, or crowley. It'd be 2002 all over again. It's a good list, but not that good just yet. Yes, hawthorn provide a good example of mature age recruiting with brian lake and it 100% helped them achieve what they have. But we aint a hawthorn yet. Simple. Just my opinion.

P.S. my deepest sympathies to TheUndertaker for your loss

Seedsman is an anagram for Spud.

Why do people keep mentioning spuds like Seedsman and Redden.

We should be trying to improve our list not feel it with list cloggers

We need to just draft guys with names like Smith and Jones.

Actually sick of reading posters write Yarren
Yarryn, Yarren, Yurren, Yerryn plz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably wouldn't be in favour of recruiting stevie J, or crowley. It'd be 2002 all over again. It's a good list, but not that good just yet. Yes, hawthorn provide a good example of mature age recruiting with brian lake and it 100% helped them achieve what they have. But we aint a hawthorn yet. Simple. Just my opinion.

I would like to see stevie j come onboard: his history and experience would be invaluable for our younger guys to learn from

We're certainly not hawthorn of 2015,, but we are about the same as hawthorn of 2007, when they finished 5th after the home and away season, recruited mature age former premiership player Stuart Dew and then won the 2008 flag.

I reckon we could desperately use someone like stevey J who has been there done that on the biggest stage, has a hard edge and definite X factor. Stevey J playing forward gets the respect of any defence we come up against. Would be cheap as chips too so no real loss if he doesn't fire

Do people realise that we are one of the only clubs to keep retaining our top players?
this year we have re-signed Cotch, dusty and Rance.
Yep , but they're not getting us to the promised land
You need to improve you're bottom six and still add a couple of more guns
Failing to do this will mean similar results
Some of Our top players have been continually found out in big games which could imply Theyre not as big as we all think they are.
Must always try to improve your list otherwise mother time will come with no silverware.
Remaining stagnant and complacent is the failure of all organisations
KodAk thought they could sell film into the 21st century and now a building development lies on their old estate
Lake and Hale would walk in our team, but not for the Hawks. There's the difference just on one account.

Last edited:
tigers live off of hope, :p
our past 30 years have been terrible, at least its starting to look up

sure, don't you just sometimes long for the good old days when the club leaked like a sieve and the whole footy world knew what we were doing before we even knew ourselves? blair and dan give up absolutely nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back