Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I only agree Reidy* had to come in against Geelong. Jackson has had several BOG performances in the ruck over the last two years, like, had the most coaches votes as a KPP (or closr to it) last year largely due to games playing as solo ruck.

Jackson's form since the start of this year had made the call seem worse. It'd losing Treacy as well that means Reidy has to come in because Tabs is clearly done at the level.
*(or any warm body other than Taberner) 😣

I only agree Reidy had to come in against Geelong. Jackson has had several BOG performances in the ruck over the last two years, like, had the most coaches votes as a KPP (or closr to it) last year largely due to games playing as solo ruck.

Jackson's form since the start of this year had made the call seem worse. It'd losing Treacy as well that means Reidy has to come in because Tabs is clearly done at the level.
Do you think there should be more scrutiny on Jackson’s performances overall?
Duffield was pretty hard on him and Darcy last week.
I think he’s been quite disappointing this year. Not playing anywhere near his status in our salary cap that’s for sure. Would be quite surprised if he’s top 10 in the B&F. If he’s not careful old mate Mitch Woodcock will have him on the back pages again and not for positive reasons…

Do you think there should be more scrutiny on Jackson’s performances overall?
Duffield was pretty hard on him and Darcy last week.
I think he’s been quite disappointing this year. Not playing anywhere near his status in our salary cap that’s for sure. Would be quite surprised if he’s top 10 in the B&F. If he’s not careful old mate Mitch Woodcock will have him on the back pages again and not for positive reasons…
For his contract? Probably, disappointing how he's gone backwards on last year and even the start of the year where he started amazingly. He should he one of our best players not, "handy contributor"

On Cox - I have to believe a combination of the injury and a new baby at home means he is totally cooked for this year. We know he's a good CHB, none of us were surprised when he made the AA squad a couple of years ago.

But - for now he's a complete liability.

For his contract? Probably, disappointing how he's gone backwards on last year and even the start of the year where he started amazingly. He should he one of our best players not, "handy contributor"

I thought Jackson’s first five or so games was actually very good. He started taking marks etc.

Since the he’s gone to shit…has no timing etc

I thought Jackson’s first five or so games was actually very good. He started taking marks etc.

Jackson seems to be trading in athleticism and the mercurial. Teams definitely put time into blunting his athleticism (which makes timing more problematical as jumping early and being more distracted might be ways he's affected by those blunting tactics). The mercurial is always more prone to inconsistency.

Hopefully craft (and consistency) will become the primary drivers of his game going forward. Meek is one who has benefited from plenty of time to develop craft.

Get all those elements in tune and there'll be big payoffs coming.

On Cox - I have to believe a combination of the injury and a new baby at home means he is totally cooked for this year. We know he's a good CHB, none of us were surprised when he made the AA squad a couple of years ago.

But - for now he's a complete liability.
Accept all that but he’s hardly the first AFL player to have a baby with his partner. That should not be an excuse.

On a lighter note it reminds me of an old Roy Keane quip when some journalist asked him about Robbie Keane having a baby once and potentially missing a game 😂

Does anyone know why we subbed Fyfe with our season on the line?
Kristin Chenoweth GIF by BuzzFeed

Does anyone know why we subbed Fyfe with our season on the line?
I get the impression that Longmuir decides who he is going to sub a 3/4 time (injury permitting) prior to the game and is not flexible in this with regards to how the game/players are going. A couple of weeks ago he subbed Erasmus for Aish even though Erasmus was doing well. The subbing Fyfe for NOD was likely pre-planned as a mid for a mid, but NOD is no Fyfe and there are a few others that could have been subbed instead. He did not consider who was having little impact, just stuck with the original plan.

I get the impression that Longmuir decides who he is going to sub a 3/4 time (injury permitting) prior to the game and is not flexible in this with regards to how the game/players are going. A couple of weeks ago he subbed Erasmus for Aish even though Erasmus was doing well. The subbing Fyfe for NOD was likely pre-planned as a mid for a mid, but NOD is no Fyfe and there are a few others that could have been subbed instead. He did not consider who was having little impact, just stuck with the original plan.
I think against GWS compared to previous week's the mids were able to hold their own in the last qrter.

If we saw how GWS were running rings around our players all day , Fyfe was probably cooked chasing tail and getting so easily side stepped, which would of been bad going into the final quarter... GWS would of run over the top of us, with Fyfe still on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jackson is too young to be in the ruck getting smashed against the cliff face for most of the game and he's been suffering with that all year since. Hips and shoulders look sore.

Especially when his opponent knows they can jump into him enough and stop him working them over outside of the contest.

Btw wasn't Jesse under an injury cloud going into the game? Imagine he was fully fit if that was the case..

When Raz was subbed out he twice ran too far at vital stages It was not a pre game plan.You could see the frustration on Longmuirs face when the second one happened.It was a case of get him off, immediately after the second over run.

If we treat the squiggle outcome predictor as accurate the chances of use making finals is 1 of Carlton, Bulldogs or Hawthorne losing and Freo winning.

1 - 0.9x0.7x0.55 = 65% chance one of them loses.
Freo winning is a 53% chance.

So, about a 35% chance we make finals according to the squiggle.

I think it's worth it, I always watch on delay now. I find it calmer. The guys played some good footy and I actually thought Banfield was fine until the 2nd half where he really cooked it. Cox was horrendous from the opening bounce. I've never seen a game where the game was lost almost purely because of two- three players.

I'll go as far to say that we win by 3 goals with Pearce over Cox. Cox was THAT bad.
yeah i have to say, i very much try not to be someone who blames a loss on 1-2 players, it's 99.99% about more then that, but my goodness it was bad. if a davies or someone put up that game it'd be papers stamped territory
Or you know after a half of Cox pulling that shit the coach you know made a change?

At a certain point if the same players keep making the same mistakes it's no longer on them in my opinion.
don't disagree, but at the same time if you're needing to move your 6 year deal tall defender off the other team's best forward when the other options are a 19 year old, or Ryan/Chapman playing undersized then that's a complete and utter indictment on that original defender
I only agree Reidy had to come in against Geelong. Jackson has had several BOG performances in the ruck over the last two years, like, had the most coaches votes as a KPP (or closr to it) last year largely due to games playing as solo ruck.

i honestly think even no reidy against geelong was somewhat defensible - the last time Jackson came up against him he pantsed stanley, and i think it'd be reasonable to expect him to have been able to more then match him in the stoppages last week which just didn''t happen

Jackson's been woefully out of form in the ruck and forward the majority of the year. It's not unsurprising given his age. Would have been nice if he'd stepped up in the last three when we really needed a KPP to take the load.
he can be very grateful that the media attention is mostly on darcy and his contract with how his form the last two months or so has been

3 for Cox.... generous.
It's pretty lame for someone professing to be an expert to claim Cox's role was playing on Hogan. It doesn't take much to know Freo play a team defence and the idea of a 1:1 duel is pure fiction.

Just started to paw through the replay, but it's clear Draper was on Hogan as much as anybody.

While not a game Cox would keep for his highlights collection, the Match Committee would likely be rating him on his specific role. From what I've seen early days, it was far from the worst performance on the ground.

When Raz was subbed out he twice ran too far at vital stages It was not a pre game plan.You could see the frustration on Longmuirs face when the second one happened.It was a case of get him off, immediately after the second over run.

This didn’t happen, did it ?
Only happened once right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back