Big Breaking Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont forget Egg Nog, Arnotts Yo-Yos, and the Pie Floater!

My local Safeway has FUIC, Villis Pies and the Off License has Coopers (@$40 odd a pop). Not too many things to get homesick for left :D

I remember when Nhill was the first place on the way back from Melbourne that you could get FUIC.....always a guaranteed stop there!

Originally posted by maccas_no1
No Halls Lemonade or Creaming Soda, not a good regular supply of Farmers Union Iced Coffee or Balfours Pies,Pasties and Sausage rolls...........................god I miss South Oz:(

Get out of there quick, son!!

You're living amongst barbarians!! :D

Originally posted by yob
Oh and while we're taking the **** out of those eastern staters, has anyone tried getting a damn Pint in a Sydney pub?

A pint glass is called a Schooner :eek: It felt so ****ing wrong every time I ordered one.
I dunno what Sydney pubs you've been drinking at, but a pint glass is rarely confused with a schooner.

In fact often I'll ask for a schooner only to be told there's only pint and half pint glasses.

And even if you were getting pints after asking for a schooner, why wouldn't you be happy getting more beer for your buck? :D

Anyway - to get the topic off generic South Australian products.....wtf happened to this breaking story about the degenerate newsreader?

Huh?

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
Anyway - to get the topic off generic South Australian products.....wtf happened to this breaking story about the degenerate newsreader?

Huh?
Obviously the media don't think it is newsworthy, but I'm sure we will probably hear about it at some stage. Hopefully they can reconcile in the new year.

Ill find out if there's any truth to it at all this weekend.
Like all rumours -its died a death. Probably deserves too as well.
Although, he's still crap at newsreading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour confirmed as correct.
Very good source.
BTW - can't watch Ch 7 sport. We only get 9 and 10. Only just started getting 10 on new year's day.

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
Although, he's still crap at newsreading.

Yeah, I'm hoping he'll improve quickly or get the arse.

And to those here who will say "ooooh he's not that bad... i think he's great" etc etc... Forget the fact he's our ex-two time Premiership Captain and remember he's being paid as a newsreader.

He sounds like he's a) on work experience, or b) a nervous high school drama student reading a play in front of classmates.

I find pretty much all the local sport reports pretty bad but Channel Nine by far the worst. I loved the classic stuff up the other weekend where they were showing the Adelaide United highlights and had a Force emblem in their shadow background when introducing the story. Fools.

Originally posted by Punchy Bassett
I find pretty much all the local sport reports pretty bad but Channel Nine by far the worst. I loved the classic stuff up the other weekend where they were showing the Adelaide United highlights and had a Force emblem in their shadow background when introducing the story. Fools.

Very seldom we get to watch the 9 news up here in Whyalla so i have never seen Bicks but of those on 7 Chris Dittmar would have to be the best sports presenter going around with Bruce Abernathy the worst by a country mile.

Originally posted by noddy
Very seldom we get to watch the 9 news up here in Whyalla so i have never seen Bicks but of those on 7 Chris Dittmar would have to be the best sports presenter going around with Bruce Abernathy the worst by a country mile.

The good old GTS-BKN TV station;) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dyertribe
Yeah, I'm hoping he'll improve quickly or get the arse.

And to those here who will say "ooooh he's not that bad... i think he's great" etc etc... Forget the fact he's our ex-two time Premiership Captain and remember he's being paid as a newsreader.

He sounds like he's a) on work experience, or b) a nervous high school drama student reading a play in front of classmates.

Well I LOVE BICKS! He can read my sport any night!

k
xx

Originally posted by Scotty's_Girl
It may have just been me, but last night on the news, I reckon it looked like Bicks had been hit in the eye, but the make up he had on was doing a good job to try and disguise it.

No its not just you, I thought the same thing. One of his eyes was only half open. Doesnt look too good, but he seemed to read the autocue alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Breaking Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back