Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 IV - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two or three years ago I would have said NO to a player like Bennell. Our club culture is so much stronger now. Because he is under contract you'll probably get him with the Suns paying most if not all of his wage too till his contract expires.

Risk from TPP is low and reward is sky high.

Come on tigers, pull the trigger.

Given our pay structure over the last few years and the way that Hartley targets undervalued but talented players from opposition players I want to see us go down the following path and I know it's not going to be popular among many posters but I reckon it will actually help take us to that flag we all want.

1. Get Kreuzer
Not everyone agrees with this, but I say we go and get him. Our midfield hasn't had silver service from a ruckman for years and yet still gets the job done. With the restrictions on the interchange coming in we need a ruckman that can spend time on ball and then rotate forward. Kreuzer gives us exactly that and would be able to form a decent partnership with either Vickery or Griffiths rotating forward and in the ruck. As much as some would be disappointed Kreuzer would allow us to fast track the replacement of Maric who while honest is being exposed by younger rucks more often.

2. Get Yarran
After getting Kreuzer with a deal that gives Carlton what they want in regards to another early pick, we get Yarran on the cheap, second round pick., to give him a fresh start and fill our need for an X factor small forward with speed and class.

3. Get Redden
We need another big bodied inside midfielder to compliment the smaller blokes we've already got and Redden fits that description perfectly at 190cm 84kg & 129 games experience. In our midfield with Cotchin Martin Miles ahead of him in the pecking order he'd be quite handy running around along side Grigg in a defensive midfielders role, who can also win his own footy. Our first pick for Redden, allowing the Lions to go after one of their academy kids, would be perfect and better than what WCE could offer.

If we could get that from the trade period I'd be feeling quite good heading into 2016 especially with a side looking something like this:

B: Batchelor Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
C: B.Ellis Grigg McIntosh
HF: Deledio Riewoldt Martin
F: Yarran Vickery Edwards
R: Kreuzer Cotchin Miles
INT: Lambert Conca Redden C.Ellis

Let's just take Scharenberg from the Pies. :p

I remember Pies fans being unbearable after the 2013 draft when they got Scharenberg, hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread. Would be perfect to poach him.

In terms of ranking who we should look at in regards to importance:

1: Bennell: An absolute gun who adds more versatility to our forward line, genuine pace, mercurial, x factor, and adds genuine scoring power. Another player who can rotate through the midfield.

2: Hartlett: Out and out gun. Fantastic player with poise, class, composure. Disposal is pretty good but can be inconsistent, but is always looking to attack and go forward. Has had injuries but would just cap off our midfield.

3: Aish: Another gun who can play midfield, half forward or half back, and would add even more class to our midfield. Still only 19 (20 in november), so still has a good 10 years of football to play, and allows us to play Dusty and Lids more forward where they are far more dangerous.

4: Redden: Underrated gun. Very good around the stoppages, ferocious tackler, good skills, and can kick a goal. Would slot in perfectly into our midfield.

5: Scharenberg: Will be a very, very good player. Can play midfield or back, and would be a perfect replacement for Morris or Hunt, bumping them into depth players, rather than regulars.

6: Kruezer: Would be a good get, but I think we have time enough to develop a young ruckman in the VFL to take over from Ivan as Vickery and Griffiths have shown they can take some pressure of Ivan. Would be good, but not priority number 1.

7: Yarran: Would be a good get, but shouldn't be in front of Bennell who would play a similar role, if it is true we want yarran as a forward. If the Blues really want a first rounder for him, we should target Bennell instead.
How many of these are we a chance for and where has the Hartlett talk come from??? Did i miss it??

I think if we get Bennell and Yarren
it will add some nice run and class to forward/wings
and if we can control bennell off-field we get a cheap star.

How many of these are we a chance for and where has the Hartlett talk come from??? Did i miss it??

Not sure. Those are just hte main ones who look like moving in the trade period.

Given our pay structure over the last few years and the way that Hartley targets undervalued but talented players from opposition players I want to see us go down the following path and I know it's not going to be popular among many posters but I reckon it will actually help take us to that flag we all want.

1. Get Kreuzer
Not everyone agrees with this, but I say we go and get him. Our midfield hasn't had silver service from a ruckman for years and yet still gets the job done. With the restrictions on the interchange coming in we need a ruckman that can spend time on ball and then rotate forward. Kreuzer gives us exactly that and would be able to form a decent partnership with either Vickery or Griffiths rotating forward and in the ruck. As much as some would be disappointed Kreuzer would allow us to fast track the replacement of Maric who while honest is being exposed by younger rucks more often.

2. Get Yarran
After getting Kreuzer with a deal that gives Carlton what they want in regards to another early pick, we get Yarran on the cheap, second round pick., to give him a fresh start and fill our need for an X factor small forward with speed and class.

3. Get Redden
We need another big bodied inside midfielder to compliment the smaller blokes we've already got and Redden fits that description perfectly at 190cm 84kg & 129 games experience. In our midfield with Cotchin Martin Miles ahead of him in the pecking order he'd be quite handy running around along side Grigg in a defensive midfielders role, who can also win his own footy. Our first pick for Redden, allowing the Lions to go after one of their academy kids, would be perfect and better than what WCE could offer.

If we could get that from the trade period I'd be feeling quite good heading into 2016 especially with a side looking something like this:

B: Batchelor Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
C: B.Ellis Grigg McIntosh
HF: Deledio Riewoldt Martin
F: Yarran Vickery Edwards
R: Kreuzer Cotchin Miles
INT: Lambert Conca Redden C.Ellis

I'm not against Kreuzer free agent after all

Big big question though is he has had major hip and foot issues. Not so worried about a knee reco, Tyrone had one as a junior. Going alright now

On Tyrone does he get pushed out if Kreuzer comes in? Play the same position don't they?

think we are the best club suited for bennel to be honest. have the indigenous centre at punt road,dream time at the g,chocco Williams and have experience managing dusty

He can follow in the footsteps of the greatest indigenous player to play the game.

gal_rioli4-coll-600x400.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not against Kreuzer free agent after all

Big big question though is he has had major hip and foot issues. Not so worried about a knee reco, Tyrone had one as a junior. Going alright now

On Tyrone does he get pushed out if Kreuzer comes in? Play the same position don't they?

Kreuzer a better Ruckman, Tyrone a better forward. If Kreuzer isn't going to come in and play number 1 ruck from the start, I see no reason to get him, in my opinion. Better off going to t he draft and drafting a ruckman and letting him develop. At least with Hammer we have someone who is content to play VFL and come in when Ivvy gets injured or needs a break. Kreuer will not be as content to do that, so pass for me unless Ivan is about to break down.

In my lifetime I've seen my team win 5 premierships. How many have you seen?
like wise here and the best was 1980 I think that was against the pies was it not. The other gf I loved cannot remember the year but when the blues came from over 30 points down to beat the pies. oh and the one the saints got up and beat them by a point.

like wise here and the best was 1980 I think that was against the pies was it not. The other gf I loved cannot remember the year but when the blues came from over 30 points down to beat the pies. oh and the one the saints got up and beat them by a point.
1970 and 1966 are the GFs you are referring to.

I hope we take the risk on bennel talent wise he is top 10 in the comp basically another dusty who can go through the guts more kicked 5 against the cats. chocco will sort him out
I'm a newbie but I think fwiw that we have to roll the dice with bennel and back chocco and our leaders in,it could really push us top 4 next year.

Collingwood pay well but they also entice players with jobs for there gf's and oppurtunities post football it doesn't get counted in the cap and it isn't ethical but its effective and works. but there list has so many holes they have some good young kids but there forward line is shit house and there defense is nothing special
It is actually against AFL rules but im sure clubs hid it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back