Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can trade our 2016 first round pick as well...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
I know, but given the Swans have a few potential first round quality kids to pick up they would want 2 in this draft, not next years.

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.
Sounds like Dangerfield if it helps Richmond hit 75,000 and promote their 2016 membership. I can't see anyone else currently on the market having this kind of effect.

Last edited:
Cheers RT. I haven't given my personal opinion much, just what I've been hearing from my sources. My personal opinion is that we will land Yarran for a second rounder, may move on Astbury and Griffiths, not both. It's already been proven that we are trying to get a doozy across, I've simply stated there's one more, whether he joins the list of doozy that haven't joined, it's up to the club. Previously, we wouldn't put the money on the table, now, we're aggressive, the money we're offering is big, previously it wasn't. There's the big difference. Seems like there are a few posters who want to believe me, a few who want what I say to turn into an announcement today, and a few who don't believe me. All fair enough, but being respectful is key.
Undertaker, I appreciate your information and insight because at least it is based on some semblance of evidence. Most of this thread is filled with people's opinions and what they want including ridiculously overrating our players and underrating others. I have no doubt in what you say is true and will only change if the RFC position changes.

Thanks for the information.

Someone on PRE said we're into Rioli

giphy.gif

Really sounds like Patrick Dangerfield with all the sponsor & membership stuff in undertakers post

2015 & 2016 1st rounders would be a given plus player i would suggest - But who would be the player
If it was Griffiths or Astbury i could live with it but no way a midfielder we require and rate to be traded as it reall defeats the purpose

I still think Undertaker is trolling us hard :(
We'll know one way or the other. If a player wants out and has in principle agreement with their destination club, it gets announced. Eventually. Doesn't mean it will happen, but an effective part of the negotiations

Under 50 games could only be O'Meara (not sure where this restriction came from?)

If we are talking to Bennell and Yarran is a done deal...

Yarran for 2nd
Bennell & O'Meara for 2015 1st, 2016 1st, Griffiths not sure if that's close but it could be.

Bennell was a pick 2, has been good but not elite, and has off-field indiscretions. Pick 12 is probably a stretch but couldn't be much higher.

O'Meara was the second coming but has had a serious injury. Pick 18 in 2016 + Griifiths is probably well unders except if there is some unwritten agreement that the clubs trade in good faith in the future. Take it for what it is but good faith could mean we return the favour in the future when our chips are down and their stocks are rising. The other option is of course exchanging Lennon with Griffiths but in terms of where Gold Coast are at without Dixon, Griffiths is probably the better option. Griffiths is worth at least pick 20 or better given what Geelong paid for Rhys Stanley last year. Maybe we are underestimating his value...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct but we wanted him before he signed.

We're talking about the real life AFL, not AFL Live 2 on the PS3

TheUndertaker is one of a number of posters who are very well connected. Understandably he won't go giving away all he knows on a public forum because it's not just posters who read these boards. Many a journalist will lurk on here and pick up something that us the fans talking and will start to investigate and run with it.

All of them would be addressed with his addition.

Just because a player agrees to a deal it's not guaranteed that they end up going to that club. A suitable trade still needs to be arranged. Dangerfield is a great example of that. Agreed in principle with Geelong but Crows can and will make them pay dearly for him if the Cats want him.

So would I, but we don't have 2 R1 picks in this years draft and the only way we'd get another would be to trade away someone we don't want to lose.

Exactly, nor should he given the sensitive nature of the deal. If this player is as big as he claims to be and nobody else is chasing him, why would he run the risk of spoiling that by leaking information that could ruin the work being put in before trading begins.

FWIW, I have no clue who TheUndertaker is talking about, but I trust that he wouldn't have mentioned anything about it on the board if he wasn't confident that we were having a red hot go at landing whoever it is.

Can also argue if he's legit if he's not saying anything due to helping the club out why say anything at all
I'm pretty sure only the top guys at the RFC know who we are going for and not letting anything out

Under 50 games could only be O'Meara (not sure where this restriction came from?)

If we are talking to Bennell and Yarran is a done deal...

Yarran for 2nd
Bennell & O'Meara for 2015 1st, 2016 1st, Griffiths not sure if that's close but it could be.

Bennell was a pick 2, has been good but not elite, and has off-field indiscretions. Pick 12 is probably a stretch but couldn't be much higher.

O'Meara was the second coming but has had a serious injury. Pick 18 in 2016 + Griifiths is probably well unders except if there is some unwritten agreement that the clubs trade in good faith in the future. Take it for what it is but good faith could mean we return the favour in the future when our chips are down and their stocks are rising. The other option is of course exchanging Lennon with Griffiths but in terms of where Gold Coast are at without Dixon, Griffiths is probably the better option. Griffiths is worth at least pick 20 or better given what Geelong paid for Rhys Stanley last year. Maybe we are underestimating his value...
My post this morning was trolling to generate a bit of activity. O'Meara isn't going anywhere.
Bennell & O'Meara for our 2 1st rounders + Griff ------------ Fekk Yeahh
We'd all be happy with that, flip it around. Would you be happy if we gave up Martin & Brandon for a first in 2015 & 2016 and a tease KPP. We'd all be calling for heads to roll if that was us.
Can also argue if he's legit if he's not saying anything due to helping the club out why say anything at all
I'm pretty sure only the top guys at the RFC know who we are going for and not letting anything out
Known him for a number of years and know who he knows. What he has said is a bit of gossip that gives the average punter a heads up to what might be happening. Instead of questioning it, perhaps posters should be thankful they are getting a little bit of news rather than waiting for the media to speculate something.

We'd all be happy with that, flip it around. Would you be happy if we gave up Martin & Brandon for a first in 2015 & 2016 and a tease KPP. We'd all be calling for heads to roll if that was us.
Dusty didn't have a picture of him doing drugs on the front page of the papers, and Ellis doesn't have a questionable knee.

It's all about context

Cheers RT. I haven't given my personal opinion much, just what I've been hearing from my sources. My personal opinion is that we will land Yarran for a second rounder, may move on Astbury and Griffiths, not both. It's already been proven that we are trying to get a doozy across, I've simply stated there's one more, whether he joins the list of doozy that haven't joined, it's up to the club. Previously, we wouldn't put the money on the table, now, we're aggressive, the money we're offering is big, previously it wasn't. There's the big difference. Seems like there are a few posters who want to believe me, a few who want what I say to turn into an announcement today, and a few who don't believe me. All fair enough, but being respectful is key.
I appreciate you are only forwarding certain information provided to you but there are two scenario's .
1. You fully believe and have reason to believe what you have been told.
2. You have no idea and are trying to get some BF cred .
Question :
Why did you put it on here and break the trust of those who have provided the info all it serves is for
you to boost your Ego and create more innuendo . Or alternatively users to attack you .

Hope who has provided you the info gets sacked immediately .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back