Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.
How long has the club known about this player? I want to believe what you're saying, but I just can't. Why would we throw all this money and our first rounders at Treloar for the last month? We would had to have had some sort of clue about this player wanting to come to us so to throw our firsts at Treloar doesn't make any sense.

Collingwood are like the jealous younger child, been trying to outdo the smarter older sibling (US) for the last 100 f- ing years.

Really, we should start a thread on what we can offer to counter the McGuire's contra inducements to the likes of Treloars. If can't beat em...
Why they moved their HQ to Richmond.

How long has the club known about this player? I want to believe what you're saying, but I just can't. Why would we throw all this money and our first rounders at Treloar for the last month? We would had to have had some sort of clue about this player wanting to come to us so to throw our firsts at Treloar doesn't make any sense.
And he's contracted.So we will never know.He can say any name really.None of us any the wiser.

SEN now having a crack at Dimma.
Some things never change.
Hardly having a crack. More so just a little swipe on selection which in hindsight they are correct. Would have been interesting to have Robbo there last night to press him more on the Elimination Final. I thought they went relatively soft on Dimma on what they would have if Robbo was there

What absolute rubbish, they are both recognized within AFL circles as being at the top of their professions, if either were to leave there would be other suitors for their services!!

Prying an Elite talent is very difficult, thats why each year there only a couple, although it seems each year the trade period is more and more active!

Agree, they always said 2015 would be the year they'd go after an FA as thats when the talent was starting to become available. Their time is now if they can bring in:

- Yarran (apparently this is a done deal according to Mark Robinson the fat campaigner)
- Bennell (against it initially but **** it, go for it)
- The doozy

If they pull that off I'll eat my hat but **** me FJ, DR and BH would have paid for their salaries 10 x over if they do that

Hartley & Richardson have failed over and over to bring an A grader to the club - I cant see that changing...

Yeah agree I think there will be huge changes next year if they don't bring good talent in and we at least don't make prelim final
Coach and recruiting staff will go
Wonder why we can't sell to good players to come to a club that is one of the hugest when we are up and about ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been passed through to me, I've paraphrased it for all of you. It's not my opinion, it's someone else's opinion - and yes, I don't know much about marketing. I'm a teacher. Also, not what you wrote, but the way you wrote it, irritates me. If you don't buy what I'm selling, just don't read it. There's no need to be rude, if you continue, I'll just stop and you'll spoil it for everyone on the Richmond board.

Spoil what you havnt released anything ?

Correct but we wanted him before he signed.

If it was Jaeger, Bennell and Smith for Griffiths, 1st pick 2015, 1st pick 2016 and good faith I would cream.
We're talking about the real life AFL, not AFL Live 2 on the PS3
I've never known him to have insightful information in the past.

I mean I have a close source who told me Hall was looking at his options but he still re-signed with Gold Coast. A lot of the time the only person with inside info is the player.
TheUndertaker is one of a number of posters who are very well connected. Understandably he won't go giving away all he knows on a public forum because it's not just posters who read these boards. Many a journalist will lurk on here and pick up something that us the fans talking and will start to investigate and run with it.

What sort of positional need does this player satisfy?
All of them would be addressed with his addition.

But if he's agreed in principal than i don't see the problem.
Just because a player agrees to a deal it's not guaranteed that they end up going to that club. A suitable trade still needs to be arranged. Dangerfield is a great example of that. Agreed in principle with Geelong but Crows can and will make them pay dearly for him if the Cats want him.

I'd happily give two first round picks for Parker.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
So would I, but we don't have 2 R1 picks in this years draft and the only way we'd get another would be to trade away someone we don't want to lose.

Spoil what you havnt released anything ?
Exactly, nor should he given the sensitive nature of the deal. If this player is as big as he claims to be and nobody else is chasing him, why would he run the risk of spoiling that by leaking information that could ruin the work being put in before trading begins.

FWIW, I have no clue who TheUndertaker is talking about, but I trust that he wouldn't have mentioned anything about it on the board if he wasn't confident that we were having a red hot go at landing whoever it is.

So would I, but we don't have 2 R1 picks in this years draft and the only way we'd get another would be to trade away someone we don't want to lose.

We can trade our 2016 first round pick as well...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

TheUndertaker is one of a number of posters who are very well connected. Understandably he won't go giving away all he knows on a public forum because it's not just posters who read these boards. Many a journalist will lurk on here and pick up something that us the fans talking and will start to investigate and run with it.

Just because a player agrees to a deal it's not guaranteed that they end up going to that club. A suitable trade still needs to be arranged. Dangerfield is a great example of that. Agreed in principle with Geelong but Crows can and will make them pay dearly for him if the Cats want him.

Exactly, nor should he given the sensitive nature of the deal. If this player is as big as he claims to be and nobody else is chasing him, why would he run the risk of spoiling that by leaking information that could ruin the work being put in before trading begins.

FWIW, I have no clue who TheUndertaker is talking about, but I trust that he wouldn't have mentioned anything about it on the board if he wasn't confident that we were having a red hot go at landing whoever it is.
This...plus the fact that if you annoy him he'll hit you with a "tombstone" and put you in a coffin!

Don't mind him when he is talking about a game (unless it's tunneling - I mean WTF was that about), but he gets zilch mail and has NFI when it comes to player movement so he should just shut his fat gob
No doubt he's very knowledgeable but he's made a few cheap digs towards Richmond ever since we beat Hawthorn.

Cheers RT. I haven't given my personal opinion much, just what I've been hearing from my sources. My personal opinion is that we will land Yarran for a second rounder, may move on Astbury and Griffiths, not both. It's already been proven that we are trying to get a doozy across, I've simply stated there's one more, whether he joins the list of doozy that haven't joined, it's up to the club. Previously, we wouldn't put the money on the table, now, we're aggressive, the money we're offering is big, previously it wasn't. There's the big difference. Seems like there are a few posters who want to believe me, a few who want what I say to turn into an announcement today, and a few who don't believe me. All fair enough, but being respectful is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back